[A12C] Mechanical Defence 2 (Update 23 - quick fix)

Started by mipen, November 10, 2014, 03:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The13thRonin

What's the deal with fissures?

I can't seem to find information regarding them.

Are there any advantages to the smaller fissures apart from them taking less time to make? Do they get resources faster or draw less power?

If the only disadvantage to large fissures is that they take longer to make then it's always going to be better to make large fissures.

Hayhorse

Large fissures and medium fissures (last I checked) had no difference other than production amount (how much was dropped at production). Medium fissures have all of the materials if I am not mistaken.

Hayhorse

Also, cant find the load order. Mind adding that to the OP?

The13thRonin

Quote from: Hayhorse on August 09, 2015, 02:22:02 PM
Large fissures and medium fissures (last I checked) had no difference other than production amount (how much was dropped at production). Medium fissures have all of the materials if I am not mistaken.

Large fissures produce more?

zenfur

Nope. They only offer more variety of resources to be mined afaik.
Little posts, quality posts.

Notice me, senpaaiiiiiii!!!!

ThePhoenix007

So i've spent the past few hours trying to figure out how to get this thing to work, and have such, been unable to.

I've read through most of this thread, and i'm tossing my hands up unless someone can possibly help.

I've killed all mods, wiped my mods config, created a new world and new colony multiple times and still nothing.....

So here's my load order:

<li>EdBModOrder</li>
<li>EdBInterface</li>
<li>MD2Base-13</li>
<li>BackstoriesCore-8</li>
<li>MD2Fortifications-5</li>
<li>MD2Industry-8</li>
<li>MD2Manufacturing-12</li>
<li>MD2Power-5</li>
<li>MD2Storage-4</li>
<li>MD2Droids-master</li>

I've also tried MD2Droids_mod-14..  I don't even get a menu with that (Despite researching all the tech).  Backstories-9 gives me a black screen and a crash, and this current load order prevents my colonists from moving at all... I'm not sure if I'm using the wrong versions, etc(your git doesn't have a prepackaged anything for using all of your mods together, nor is there a load order listed anywhere aside from base > backstories > droids.  I really like this mod concept and want to use it. please help!

NephilimNexus

Quote from: ThePhoenix007 on August 10, 2015, 10:30:30 PMSo i've spent the past few hours trying to figure out how to get this thing to work, and have such, been unable to.

You think that's bad?  I've got it crash-locking my game with this load order:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<ModsConfigData>
  <buildNumber>877</buildNumber>
  <activeMods>
    <li>Core</li>
    <li>MD2Base-13</li>
    <li>BackstoriesCore-9</li>
    <li>MD2Droids_mod-14</li>
  </activeMods>
</ModsConfigData>

Apparently this mod is incompatible with itself, now.

Moo

Isn't requiring an AI core for all the droids a bit much? For combat droids I can see why, but for a simple cleaning droid? How much AI does a Roomba need?

Othobrithol

This mod in its native state doesn't require AI cores. The versions floating around the modpacks have had that added ( for balance I assume).

mipen

Hey everyone, I'm sorry to hear you've been having trouble with the mod. It seems that backstories 9 does not work with the mod. If you download backstories v8 it should work. Also note that because of the added ai from droids, it is incompatible with existing save games and will cause the bug where colonists don't do anything. Unfortunately there is no way to do it that would not cause this incompatibility :(

Moo

Quote from: Othobrithol on August 11, 2015, 03:17:18 PM
This mod in its native state doesn't require AI cores. The versions floating around the modpacks have had that added ( for balance I assume).

Gotcha, thanks!

Morency

Quote from: mipen on August 11, 2015, 08:25:40 PM
Hey everyone, I'm sorry to hear you've been having trouble with the mod. It seems that backstories 9 does not work with the mod. If you download backstories v8 it should work. Also note that because of the added ai from droids, it is incompatible with existing save games and will cause the bug where colonists don't do anything. Unfortunately there is no way to do it that would not cause this incompatibility :(

Made an account to say that switching to v8 fixes the mod not loading issue for me.

NephilimNexus

Yes, V8 unbroke the game at last.  Of course I still had to go over and delete all the config files to unbork & reset it, but so far so good.

Update: Can't actually build droids.  Requires chips which aren't on any of the toolbench menus.  Wondering if they're linked to some other MD module & there is a dependency that I was unaware of?

<li>Core</li>
    <li>EdBModOrder</li>
    <li>EdBInterface</li>
    <li>EdBPrepareCarefully</li>
    <li>Pawn State Icons</li>
    <li>MD2Base-13</li>

mipen

Quote from: NephilimNexus on August 13, 2015, 01:29:17 AM
Yes, V8 unbroke the game at last.  Of course I still had to go over and delete all the config files to unbork & reset it, but so far so good.

Update: Can't actually build droids.  Requires chips which aren't on any of the toolbench menus.  Wondering if they're linked to some other MD module & there is a dependency that I was unaware of?

<li>Core</li>
    <li>EdBModOrder</li>
    <li>EdBInterface</li>
    <li>EdBPrepareCarefully</li>
    <li>Pawn State Icons</li>
    <li>MD2Base-13</li>

Circuitry is crafted in the machining table. It requires silver, steel and silicon. Silicon is made by melting sand piles at the electric smelter, and sand piles are made from crushing stone chunks at the stonecutters table, or they can be gathered from sand terrain using a new order in the Orders menu. I'll be working on an in-game tutorial/wiki type thing that should explain how everything works soon, but I'm swamped with work and uni at the moment :(