[A12C] Mechanical Defence 2 (Update 23 - quick fix)

Started by mipen, November 10, 2014, 03:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rock5

Quote from: Dragoon on January 19, 2015, 08:34:52 AM
LOL you upgrade them to be faster than normal people then complain about the droid speed do they move at the speed of normal people?
I upgraded my colonists with treads on both legs so they go 180% in speed. You should see them go. The droids seem to go at a regular unaugumented human speed of 100% which seems like a crawl compared to my colonists. Strange my MAIs don't seem so slow. Hm... yes, 4.8 or 4.9. I believe that is faster than humans which I believe are 4.61.

So why can't I change the speed of MD2 droids?

I see that the haulers still do cleaning first which is a shame as I was intending to only use the hauling droids which makes them not as useful. Hauling being the most pain in the ass task to prioritize.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

palandus

Try changing the order of their tasks. I notice that most of the droids have their tasks listed in alphabetical order, which may actually have an effect on which tasks they prioritize.

mipen

Quote from: Rock5 on January 19, 2015, 03:46:52 AM
Why the limit on what items can be stored in the storage device? First thing I did was put 1 in the kitchen to store all those potatoes or dispense meal and it can hold neither.

Also, very important, will items in the storage spoil? If so will they remain frozen if the storage device is in a freezer?
I removed food from the options when I updated the mod to A8 because it would have been really overpowered having a thousand meals stored that never spoilt. When I can think of a way to get some sort of spoiling for foods stored in the deep storage to balance it then I'll add it back in, but I can't think of how I would be able to do it right now

mipen

Quote from: Rock5 on January 19, 2015, 08:27:08 AM
The droids are sooo slooow. They are nearly half the speed of my augmented colonists with their mechanical treads. Is there any way to upgrade their speed? Can I edit the mod to increase their speed to be closer to the colonists speed? I tried to change <MoveSpeed> of the BaseDroid definition in Defs\ThingDefs\Races_Droid.xml but it didn't seem to have an effect.
The droids have the same movement speed as a normal colonist. I'll look at making some upgrades for them, but I first need to redo their bodydef which is a massive job :P

millenium

i would have liked to have the option for meals in a compact space as well. say limit it to 50 meals in a space and have it refrigerated then add it as a separate research add plasteel and gold in the recipe to make it more expensive.

mipen

Quote from: Shinzy on January 19, 2015, 09:10:13 AM
Quote from: hesoyam on January 19, 2015, 08:54:07 AM
Quote from: Shinzy on January 19, 2015, 08:43:17 AM
And I can easily provide Mippy the recoloured textures too, having the original files and all that ;D
or even have them differ with some extra fancy bits like red cross on medibots chest or so (those kinda changes would be simply and fast on my end)

Can we really hope for such a resolution oh ye most beneficent one?  :D

Well that'd be up to mippy =P I don't know how much work having different sprites for each would be
but doing something like this wouldn't be too much work for me.. just splatter colour on already existing stuff! fun times! ;D

I would be so happy and grateful if you could do some textures for them! :D it would be really really really appreciated!

mipen

Quote from: Rock5 on January 19, 2015, 09:18:12 AM
I see that the haulers still do cleaning first which is a shame as I was intending to only use the hauling droids which makes them not as useful. Hauling being the most pain in the ass task to prioritize.
Those little *uncomplimentary names* are still not behaving properly?? I thought I had sorted them out ages ago :L I'll have to fix them up again, time to get out my beating stick

StorymasterQ

Quote from: hesoyam on January 19, 2015, 03:57:20 AM
Ya obviously they're Shinzyâ,,¢

Now that I've quoted the quote I can see the TM symbol, but when I saw this originally, I thought, "Wait, is Shinzy an adjective now? Like, these hats are Shinzy!"

I mean, it could be, couldn't it?
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

DroneKiller320

My colonists wont build the droids even though i have built all the required materials, why is this?

hesoyam

Quote from: StorymasterQ on January 19, 2015, 09:46:45 PM
Quote from: hesoyam on January 19, 2015, 03:57:20 AM
Ya obviously they're Shinzy�

Now that I've quoted the quote I can see the TM symbol, but when I saw this originally, I thought, "Wait, is Shinzy an adjective now? Like, these hats are Shinzy!"

I mean, it could be, couldn't it?

Main Entry: shin-zy
Pronunciation: \ˈshin-zē\
Function: adjective
Date: 2015
1 : performing awesomely despite laziness <they're so shinzy>
2 :  -used as a generalized term of approval <a shinzy project>
3 : exhibiting the characteristics of its type to an extreme or excessive degree <artz by shinzy>
- shin-zy-ly adverb
- shin-zy-ness noun
Examples of SHINZY

*EDIT this forum and unicode :'(

palandus

Talking about droids, four things:

1) They can suffer from hypothermia and get frostbite ... LOL...
2) They can suffer from hyperthermia and get heatstroke
3) Why is it that whenever you build one (and you don't have free beds) it says it requires a bed even though it doesn't sleep?
4) Some of the robots can actually use the Console and talk to traders or other colonies if you order them to use it.

As for upgrades, you could probably do something similar to the bionics, but only allow the upgrades to be installed to the robots by I believe editing their race file.

Rock5

Quote from: palandus on January 19, 2015, 03:00:54 PM
Try changing the order of their tasks. I notice that most of the droids have their tasks listed in alphabetical order, which may actually have an effect on which tasks they prioritize.
I think I spoke too soon. I wasn't really sure so I did a more technical test by waiting until it had some dirt to clean then creating a hauling job by marking a chunk to be moved then draft and undrafting the droid. It took the hauling job first. So i guess there is no problem. I guess there were just no hauling jobs at the time  when I thought it wasn't working.

Quote from: mipen on January 19, 2015, 05:05:49 PM
Quote from: Rock5 on January 19, 2015, 03:46:52 AM
Why the limit on what items can be stored in the storage device? First thing I did was put 1 in the kitchen to store all those potatoes or dispense meal and it can hold neither.

Also, very important, will items in the storage spoil? If so will they remain frozen if the storage device is in a freezer?
I removed food from the options when I updated the mod to A8 because it would have been really overpowered having a thousand meals stored that never spoilt. When I can think of a way to get some sort of spoiling for foods stored in the deep storage to balance it then I'll add it back in, but I can't think of how I would be able to do it right now
So they don't spoil. Ok fair enough, although I assume the visible one does spoil. It's useful enough as is to store resources but why limit it to only stackable items? Why not store your chunks in one, for example? Also do you realize Herbal Medicine, which you allow, spoils? And while I have your attention, is there any way to control which end is used for input and which end is used for output?

Quote from: mipen on January 19, 2015, 05:19:50 PM
Quote from: Rock5 on January 19, 2015, 08:27:08 AM
The droids are sooo slooow. They are nearly half the speed of my augmented colonists with their mechanical treads. Is there any way to upgrade their speed? Can I edit the mod to increase their speed to be closer to the colonists speed? I tried to change <MoveSpeed> of the BaseDroid definition in Defs\ThingDefs\Races_Droid.xml but it didn't seem to have an effect.
The droids have the same movement speed as a normal colonist. I'll look at making some upgrades for them, but I first need to redo their bodydef which is a massive job :P
An upgrade option would be the best solution but in the mean time is there any way I can bump up the speed of the droids?

Quote from: mipen on January 19, 2015, 09:03:02 PM
Quote from: Rock5 on January 19, 2015, 09:18:12 AM
Those little *uncomplimentary names* are still not behaving properly?? I thought I had sorted them out ages ago :L I'll have to fix them up again, time to get out my beating stick
I spoke too soon. See top of post.

Idea time: How about storage on wheels? You load it up at the dig site and then push it back to base. :)
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

mipen

Quote from: DroneKiller320 on January 19, 2015, 11:05:15 PM
My colonists wont build the droids even though i have built all the required materials, why is this?
Do you have any colonists set as crafters? Have you set up a bill at the assembly table? Inside the bill, are all the ingredients allowed? The ingredients you do have, are they being used for anything else?

mipen

Quote from: palandus on January 20, 2015, 12:18:49 AM
Talking about droids, four things:

1) They can suffer from hypothermia and get frostbite ... LOL...
2) They can suffer from hyperthermia and get heatstroke
3) Why is it that whenever you build one (and you don't have free beds) it says it requires a bed even though it doesn't sleep?
4) Some of the robots can actually use the Console and talk to traders or other colonies if you order them to use it.

As for upgrades, you could probably do something similar to the bionics, but only allow the upgrades to be installed to the robots by I believe editing their race file.
1 & 2: this is because of how the colony works. Droids have to be flesh otherwise the game bugs out and breaks. I've tried to cover up as much as I can and work around it all but this is one of the things that I cannot change because of how the game is coded. At least, that's how it was in A7. I can take a look again and see if Tynan has changed how it works, but if he hasn't I'll have to try a work around. And actually I didn't think about hypothermia and frostbite :P I think mechanoids can get hypothermia too? Not sure.
3: this is another thing I've had to work around. Droids technically have to sleep otherwise the colonist sleep manager bugs out, however I have worked around it so that their sleep level is always set to 100.
4: I'll have to look into this. Does anyone know if colonists incapable of Social are able to use the comms console still?

Epyk

Tried out the mod and it's great! It does have some balance issues though.
The ore extractor and fissure generator have some balance issues.
The ore extractor is extremely cheap for what it does and produces ore incredibly quick! I feel like I'm moving far too quickly at the current pace.
The fissure generator is just too cheap and should take much longer to make a fissure/geyser.
They both require a very low amount of power to function as well.

After a couple hours of testing vanilla and along side some other mods mods, I'd like to help with the balance issues.

Click picture for Epyk Pack!
Try Epokalypse!