[A12] Teleportation (V 1.12.0 / 23.08.2015)

Started by Haplo, November 23, 2014, 10:52:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haplo

Update.
I actually forgot that I still had a mod to convert to alpha 8 :-[

MyNameIsSpyder

Quote from: Killaim on November 29, 2014, 06:16:55 AM
i would love "somehow" that if you teleported potatoes (we dont have bread so potatoes will have too do)

random small chance of potatos turn into monsters!

and i quote

"..ive been doing nothing but teleporting bread for 3 days"
- Mister Jane Doe, A.K.A the RED Soldier

Timber

Any chance you could make one for people also? Maybe with some charge mechanic or a timer or something like that.
I ask not for a lighter burden but for broader shoulders. -Atlas

Rock5

I love the idea but I'm curious as to how people use this. For colonists to load it up there can't be any higher priority stockpiles. So after the items have been teleported they would just sit there until the items need to be used. The teleporter wouldn't get unloaded and moved to a stockpile. Am I understanding that correctly?
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Haplo

You need to set your target stockpile to the SAME priority as the source teleporter and the colonists will move it there, because it is closer than the other teleporter.
If you don't do that you get a circular transport system: Teleporter 1 => Send to Teleporter 2 => Hauled to Teleporter 1 => ... ;)

Rock5

Ah, I see. The receiving teleport is not a stockpile. That makes sense. Then the colonists move the items to the nearest best priority pile.

One last question. Is the teleport automatic or do you have to trigger it? I ask because in the picture it shows 3 squares full before it teleports, or does it wait until the receiver is empty? (BTW I love that it has 4 sqaures, it should allow multiple colonists to use it at the same time.)

Ok, one last question. How do you handle multiple teleporters? How do they link?
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Haplo

It shouldn't be possible to plant more than two teleporters, so the linkng shouldn't be a problem :)
If you still manage to place more, one is randomly set as the target.

You have to set one teleport to sending. Then, after it receives the first item (and the target is empty) it starts a countdown. While it is running you can add more items. Countdown = 0 --> Teleport

Rock5

So you can't little your landscape with multiple teleporters? You can only have 1 pair?
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Haplo

Yes, because how would you link them else? If there are more than two, it is rather hard to find the wanted linked.. So I only allow two at the same time.

Rock5

I guess it would be hard to come up with something that would work. The way I envision it working is you would select the teleporter you want to send with and there would be a button to assign which teleporter you would send to. You would click that button then click the teleporter you want to send to. Sort of like targeting. The receiving teleporter would be set to receive mode automatically. I also envision if you click on a teleporter that is linked to another then you would see a line linking them similar to when you install a sculpture. When you install a sculpture you see a line from the sculpture the the install location until it is installed. But maybe that is too much to ask for.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Haplo

bullet

Seems like you missed apparel for teleporting . In the alpha8 it was possible  :-\

ZioN

Is there any way to increase the max number of teleporters that can be built? and if so, where can I find it?

Thanks for the help.

Don't mind that, I just saw your earlier post. Maybe later in the mod you might be able to link 2 teleporters permanently or something?
"My colonists are always edgy.
Don't ever run a colony like me, I tend to play recklessly."
- CodyRex123

---

"I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context."
- StorymasterQ

cy-one

Quote from: Haplo on January 21, 2015, 01:26:30 AM
Yes, because how would you link them else? If there are more than two, it is rather hard to find the wanted linked.. So I only allow two at the same time.
I don't know how hard that would be to do, as I have absolutely no clue about RW-mods. Buuuut we already are able to set "block-specific properties" like in the RedistHeat (or CentralHeating) Mod, or even in Vanilla... Or in "PowerSwitch", all these Mods (or Vanilla) allow specific settings in the Heater/Vent/Switch-Block, to turn on at a specific in-game-time, or keep a specific temperature, stuff like that.
Utilizing a similar idea, one could theoretically have a button "Channel +1" and "Channel -1" to adjust a transporter's frequency and by that have more than one pair.
In addition, I'd find it very nice if one could have several senders to one receiver. If possible, the receiver should "block" the sender if the pads on the receiver are still full. Ideally only if the fields "clash" (for example, the receiver has a full field on the lower right, the sender only uses the two left fields... receiver doesn't block the transport, as the needed fields are free).
And while I do not know for what reason someone would want this, a "1 Sender, n Receivers (on same frequency)"-Setup could alternate (round robin) between the receivers.

Anyway, just a little food for thought ;)

PS: RedistHeat also uses duct networks with a network-specific ID

BBream

I think this is better mod than my mod. I wonder why I make some old tech item like cargo and why I fix bug. *sigh* After finishing it, I try to do this mod.