[A12] Factions - By Thor's epic pecs, the norbals are back! (06/9/15)

Started by Shinzy, November 30, 2014, 12:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephanuz

You know a mod is good when you miss it in the new Alpha.
Can't wait to see Norbals return <3
Currently learning how to mod. Any tips / tutorials are highly appreciated <3.

Topper

Shinzy

Quote from: Topper on July 23, 2016, 06:31:06 PM
is this modder still around? Someone else adopt this?

Haven't seen them in a while.. I'll adopt this for sure! might take a while to get it done though

Topper

Quote from: Shinzy on July 23, 2016, 06:35:27 PM
Quote from: Topper on July 23, 2016, 06:31:06 PM
is this modder still around? Someone else adopt this?

Haven't seen them in a while.. I'll adopt this for sure! might take a while to get it done though

Thats really nice of you to help out with this one. The last guy wouldnt do an update unless we brought him a polydactyl underage prostitute, whom he would later chop up and consume. I'd have to go in the next day and clean up all the twiddly bits left over as if I didnt have anything better to do. He was quite difficult to work with let me tell you :)

harpo99999

shinzy, you might want to warn the modder that there is this somewhat miffed NORBAL that WANTS to raid the new colonies in a14 area, and if HE does not the HE WILL RAID and KILL all modders that are attempting to tprevent HIM from RAIDING the new areas

salsa24

I like the ¨By Thor's epic pecs¨ XD. But really, nice mod.

Hydromancerx

Are their any plans to update the Pirates and Vikings to Alpha 15?

I saw they were in the Hardcore SK pack but I was wondering if there was a stand alone version.

Shinzy

Quote from: Hydromancerx on November 21, 2016, 02:07:12 AM
Are their any plans to update the Pirates and Vikings to Alpha 15?

I saw they were in the Hardcore SK pack but I was wondering if there was a stand alone version.

Oh the plans are all there
Sadly my free time is what it is and I've wanted to use that on other things entirely
I did make a loot carrier bear (and elephant) and some conquistador equipment for the norbals and pirates but nothing major

Hydromancerx

Well I tired changing the version number but it did not work. And since I was mainly after the weapons and armor I tried to extract them into a private temp mod but that did not work either. Trying to extract the right files from the SK Hardcore pack seems nearly impossible since its merged with other mods.

Any tips on how to convert it on my own? I have modded other game but am still learning how to mod Rimworld.

Shinzy

Quote from: Hydromancerx on November 21, 2016, 04:27:40 PM
Well I tired changing the version number but it did not work. And since I was mainly after the weapons and armor I tried to extract them into a private temp mod but that did not work either. Trying to extract the right files from the SK Hardcore pack seems nearly impossible since its merged with other mods.

Any tips on how to convert it on my own? I have modded other game but am still learning how to mod Rimworld.

Oh just find the relevant xml files from the core mod
you can find everything in folders of same name and then just cross reference them
change things that have been changed to the 'new' form seen in the vanilla xmls
it's really simple actually but just.. really.. dull work which is partly why I don't use much of my free time on thaaaaaat instead of other things

Beathrus

Shinzy

Beathrus

Quote from: Shinzy on December 23, 2016, 05:08:31 PM
Quote from: Beathrus on December 21, 2016, 04:10:29 AM
Shinzy I've missed your mods! ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

...Yes. I miss them that much. ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ Don't worry though, I am not a ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ, just a thorough enjoy-er of all your mods.

Hydromancerx

Maybe an update of the Pirate and Viking mod for Alpha 16? Pweeze?  ::)

Beathrus

Quote from: Shinzy on November 23, 2016, 12:18:28 PM
Quote from: Hydromancerx on November 21, 2016, 04:27:40 PM

Oh just find the relevant xml files from the core mod
you can find everything in folders of same name and then just cross reference them
change things that have been changed to the 'new' form seen in the vanilla xmls
it's really simple actually but just.. really.. dull work which is partly why I don't use much of my free time on thaaaaaat instead of other things

Can I get an example of this.. and maybe a crash course in what needs to be done?