[Suspended] [WIP] (Alpha 12d) Project Haloverse (Updated 10.9.2015)

Started by CB elite, December 01, 2014, 07:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CB elite

Quote from: Dragoon on July 12, 2015, 04:19:39 PM
Can you update your guns to alpha 11? (I figure the errors are with the factions right?)

Won't be a problem. I won't lie, I've been playing Prison Architect lately, and totally spaced on staying up to date with the change log (was frustrated with mod errors). Didn't even realize A11b was released until I saw the email from your response and came back to the forums :-[

The fact that this mod hasn't been really updated in over 3 months is shameful  :'(

CB elite

Here is a (mostly) functional weapons module mod file.

The only issue with it is very trivial: Energy sword refuses to make energy sword noises >:(

I've started a help forum in hopes that someone will have the answer to what's going on. Only way to get these into the game (until I have factions running) is going to be to use the debugger.

See excel spreadsheet on first page of the forum for info on weapon stats :)

Helixien

Quote from: CB elite on July 12, 2015, 05:28:54 PM
Quote from: Dragoon on July 12, 2015, 04:19:39 PM
Can you update your guns to alpha 11? (I figure the errors are with the factions right?)

Won't be a problem. I won't lie, I've been playing Prison Architect lately, and totally spaced on staying up to date with the change log (was frustrated with mod errors). Didn't even realize A11b was released until I saw the email from your response and came back to the forums :-[

The fact that this mod hasn't been really updated in over 3 months is shameful  :'(

And here I sit, having worked on a Skyrim mod since 6 months and redone it 3 times and still havent released it. I guess I am not the only "lazy" one then^^

I can understand that you are frustrated with mod errors, we all are I think. Anyway, I am looking forward to an "offical" update! (I will just use the "poorly" updated version of your mod I made myself until then :3 hehehe)

CB elite

The change log has a link on the first page of this forum in case you want to keep up with my progress on the 'official release'. Got some stuff done today, but will be in San Francisco for the rest of today, so will likely not finish UNSC update today :/ Gonna post a poll about a decision I'm trying to make in regard to my first implementation of flood pawns soon, so keep an eye out for that too.

-----

Update: UNSC faction has been updated to Alpha 11b, and I have not faced any complications with it thus far. Feel free to let me know if you run into any bugs, so that I can fix them before next release :)

Mr.Cross

I have to say, I saw your mod title at first and completely blew it off... But as I was bored today, came over here to check it out and have got to say That i royally dropped the ball on passing this mod up...

Needless to say that won't happen again! Can't wait until more gets done!

Edit/ Addon. How do you install this mod? My laptop (school issued) has a firewall that blocks websites/ some pictures. Royally pisses me off when it does this to anything that's not a virus carrying thingy-ma-boober.
Claims to know most things.

CB elite

On the first page of the forum, you should find a quick link to my most recent update. I use dropbox to avoid "which download button is the real one" games... Lol

Firewall restrictions are tricky; perhaps you can find a way to allow certain websites through? If you ever have access to another computer, you could always download the .zip onto a flashdrive and just copy/paste onto your laptop.

There are visual instructions also listed on the first page of the forum for you. You will need to extract/unzip the download, but that's not hard. This mod comes in pieces that are all compatible with eachother in a way that you can choose which parts of the haloverse you want in your game :)

Be aware that the added factions will cause incompatibilities with current saves/games you may have going. You will need to create a new world after activating/deactivating any of the faction mods.

Thank you for the comment btw :)

Mr.Cross

It's no problem, Thank you for explaining it to me (even though I figured it out./ not being able to see the pictures are what made me confused (thinking it was a more complicated way to install your mod)) It's the pictures I can't see. Note the Italicized part is optional/me ranting.
I can get to your dropbox and download it. But like I said there are websites that I can't access. for example Fictionpress, In which case it takes longer to "Processes" my url. and will either give me a "This webpage is not available,ERR_CONNECTION_RESET" or a straight This website is blocked bs.
And you said that the grunts aren't working for a11? Also Love the textures!
Also I was kinda bummed when you don't have the Actual stats (i.e blunt resistance and etc.) or the armour. (mainly because I want to start out with a OP squad of ODST troopers.)

CB elite

If you're referring to the spreadsheet stats, yeah that's something I've been slacking on and need to address.

And yeah, I got all the textures to work finally. Covenant faction is "functional" but not entirely. I'm encountering a weird bug where the grunts are fine with carrying equipment (ie. Grenades) but not guns (ie. Plasma Pistol). So, if you were to get raided by grunts right now they would swarm your colinists with their little fists and kill you with their sheer numbers lol

I've made a post in the help forum in hopes of fixing it faster, but I'm slowly narrowing down what file needs to be fixed with some experimentation in case no one responds.

Mr.Cross

I think I am fine with that Lol. It's be an odd way to die no doubt. I do hope you find your cure for this problem soon.

Edit: Also you wouldn't happen to know how long the average raid time (as in average time it takes for another raid to happen) on your A.I. Cortana (not the red one but the blue one?)

CB elite

Quote from: Mr.Cross on July 17, 2015, 09:33:41 AM
I think I am fine with that Lol. It's be an odd way to die no doubt. I do hope you find your cure for this problem soon.

Edit: Also you wouldn't happen to know how long the average raid time (as in average time it takes for another raid to happen) on your A.I. Cortana (not the red one but the blue one?)

A.I. Cortana (blue) is kind of meant to be an easier storyteller. The minimum amount of days that need to pass between "big threats" (like raids and such) is 5 for this storyteller. It's a longer period than Cassandra Classic (3 days), but is also a lot less than Phoebe [insert constantly changing descriptive word here] (25 days). I don't have the average  time, unfortunately; but, hopefully that gives you a decent idea as to how often Cortana will allow raids.

There was a time when I had Rampant Cortana (red) set to zero days between big threats, and the raids were almost literally non-stop lol. Now, there is at a least a one day cool-down period for that one :)

Really hoping I can figure this glitch out soon, myself. Will keep you posted.

For now: Beware the Gruntpocalypse

Mr.Cross

CB elite

I fixed it!!! The fix shouldn't mess with current saves, but if it does, I'm very sorry about that :(

Here is the download to the updated version. I have also updated the link on the first page of the forum.

Feel free to let me know if you see any bugs. I did my best to catch all of them, but haven't really had time to play through it very much yet (like, an actual game). :)

Mr.Cross

Also, I'm experiencing an unplayable amount of lag. I'm assumeing it's because of your mod (sorry if it's not.) but I have reason to believe that it is.

Here is that reason.   I know that's not the best picture around but if you zoom in you can see what it says.

Note that this was before you updated. I was just really slow at posting this.

CB elite

Quote from: Mr.Cross on July 17, 2015, 03:36:52 PM
Also, I'm experiencing an unplayable amount of lag. I'm assumeing it's because of your mod (sorry if it's not.) but I have reason to believe that it is.

Here is that reason.   I know that's not the best picture around but if you zoom in you can see what it says.

Note that this was before you updated. I was just really slow at posting this.

Were a few bugs in last release. I've fixed as many of these as I could for next release. Your personal computer's specifications are something to be taken into account as well. The numerous .wav sound files required for this mod can take up a lot of space, and the number of .wav files is only going to increase as the mod gets updated. :(

Planned features for next update, for now:
- Elite (Rank: Minor) Pawn
- Jackal (Rank: Minor) Pawn
- New blood for covenant species
- Energy Shields (Wearer can use ranged weapons, absorbs melee damage)
- UNSC Marines (New armors to be obtained)

Mr.Cross

See that's the thing, I've been able to run both of those Really huge mod packs for Rimworld, so i doubt the .wav is the problem. I just started another play through, this time without the covenant fraction. and it seems to be doing good. Either way I can't wait for the new update!