[Suspended] [WIP] (Alpha 12d) Project Haloverse (Updated 10.9.2015)

Started by CB elite, December 01, 2014, 07:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Axel

So did of play testing and i noticed the helmets are 10$ give or take while the armors range from 2000-3000$+. You should look into that.

CB elite

Quote from: JonoRig on December 15, 2014, 02:29:00 PM
Hey, I'm loving the textures on this mod, but urm, I just had a cargo pod crash give me 8 ODST helmets, was that intentional? :P

That was definitely NOT intentional. I'll look into fixing that asap. Thanks for letting me know about it.

@Dragoon: Reducing the burst shot to 6 helped. Still playing around with it.

@Evul: Thanks :D

@Axel: While I was looking at the code, trying to figure out why helmets were dropping in the first place, I found out that I never gave the helmets a value of any kind... I fixed this, and I'll be reposting an updated version soon :)

Note that I am still trying to balance out all of the values of all of the armor and weapons, so if something seems over/underpriced, just let me know :)

Edit: Updated version is here!
http://www.mediafire.com/download/d8n6pxe2czccnge/Project_Haloverse.zip

I tested about 100 resource crash pod incidents, and none of them contained any ODST helmets, so I'm hoping the problem is fixed now :)

Also, please feel free to play around with the Spartans! Let me know if you think they need any kind of rebalancing of any kind and what-not. The prices of the augmentations/armor for spartans is kind of astronomical, but that was kind of the goal. Still, I could probably tone those down a bit xD

Axel

I believe there's a value threshold for cargo drops, dont quote me on this however. If the item, in this case the helmets, is below said threshold then they spawn in the drops.

CB elite

Quote from: Axel on December 15, 2014, 06:44:25 PM
I believe there's a value threshold for cargo drops, dont quote me on this however. If the item, in this case the helmets, is below said threshold then they spawn in the drops.

That's probably it.
When I first wrote the code, I thought the drops only dropped things with a parentbase of "ResourceBase", because they always dropped resources; but, I was obviously mistaken :-\

JonoRig

I look forward to trying your Spartans tomorrow, I'm already amusing myself greatly with ODST fighting jaffa from the stargate mod, textures in both are so nice, give a nice variation to just power armour for everyone

Dragoon

hmm I can't wait for the weapon updates :D!
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Axel

I cant wait to devtest the glitte commandos vs the jaffa vs odst and spartans whilst in the middle of a zombie siege. now to just pick who i want to be out of the three. :'D

Dragoon

Can you reduce the cost of spartan armor to 15,000 (it's hard to put a price on the augmentation because after testing with it it's awesome but you'll never be able to afford it XD uh maybe 20,000 for the full and maybe 10,000 for the individual augmentations) can you please make the spartan armor cover everything (minus the head) I was fighting the jaffa and they cut off both my ring fingers...and nothing else I mean...they just straight for it...it has to have been on purpose. It was their goal this army arrived I fought and killed 4 then they left after taking my ring fingers that was all they cared about they did not flee they just left?!!!
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Ink.

I'm super hyped for this. Between this and the Halo mod for Arma 3. What weapons are you planning to add?

CB elite

Quote from: Dragoon on December 16, 2014, 04:46:28 AM
Can you reduce the cost of spartan armor to 15,000 (it's hard to put a price on the augmentation because after testing with it it's awesome but you'll never be able to afford it XD uh maybe 20,000 for the full and maybe 10,000 for the individual augmentations) can you please make the spartan armor cover everything (minus the head) I was fighting the jaffa and they cut off both my ring fingers...and nothing else I mean...they just straight for it...it has to have been on purpose. It was their goal this army arrived I fought and killed 4 then they left after taking my ring fingers that was all they cared about they did not flee they just left?!!!

I'll definetly reduce those prices, haha. Thanks for the input, and suggestions. As for the armor, I am sorry. ODST and Spartan armor variants already do cover every body part besides the head. You lost your ring fingers to a developing games armor system :( I'm hoping that the armor system will start to become more advanced (wear and tear; damage absorption), so that I can make my armors more realistic :)

P.s. I literally could not stop laughing for at least an hour after reading this post xD

Quote from: Ink. on December 16, 2014, 04:11:49 PM
I'm super hyped for this. Between this and the Halo mod for Arma 3. What weapons are you planning to add?

I am looking into adding some UNSC turrets (I'll probably do a poll) for sure. If I can figure out how to do a "pre-fire ambience" or a "weapon charging ambience" kind of thing, I would love to add the UNSC railgun. I'll probably add the UNSC battle rifle (3 round burst) soon. I would love to get a properly functioning gravity hammer in! Gah! So many other weapons, too, friend :)

CB elite

Hey, everyone!

I've decided that I'm going to stop posting updates on here, as it's making the thread longer than necessary.

Instead, I made a public google doc where I'm going to be posting a bunch of notes about where the mod is going, as well as a link to an updated version as often as possible :) Feel free to use that link as little or as much as you like!

Anyways, here is the link to that google doc for you all: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oEyCndTPWwD4TXANY2JKFXmE9IQoQ1oxX2m6HfXpDn4/edit?usp=sharing

Going to be updating my first post on this forum to include the link, too :)

Viperlol

Im definitely going to be keeping an eye on that google doc, keep up the great work!
When in doubt, rely on everyone else to fix up your .xml

CB elite

I know I said I was just going to update the Google Doc, but uhm...

Anyone excited for the release of the Grunts!? >:D

Of course, once I fix up the side textures and stuff :P

Dragoon

Whoa halo 4 grunts? I like it!! I cant wait for the new stuff, But how would we go about getting these grunts? (once they are added I mean)
PLEASE add in color changing for the spartan and odst armor (I use prepare carefully and there is a problem that I think has to do with that.)

CB elite

Quote from: Dragoon on December 19, 2014, 04:49:58 AM
Whoa halo 4 grunts? I like it!! I cant wait for the new stuff, But how would we go about getting these grunts? (once they are added I mean)
PLEASE add in color changing for the spartan and odst armor (I use prepare carefully and there is a problem that I think has to do with that.)

I'm hoping to put in some regular "minor" and "major" grunts in next. Ultras would be nice to have too.

And, that really depends on what you mean by "getting"? Right now there's no way right now to recruit them, if that's what you're saying. For the faction to appear in game, you have to create a new world, I think :(

Explanation: To be recruited, I'm pretty sure a creature has to be defined as "humanoid". Grunts can't be defined this way, because the game freaks out about the textures (especially the hair, because the game insists on giving humanoids hair and crashes). I'm hoping to find a work-around to this eventually. I mean, how cool would it be to run your own little Grunt slave operation? :D

I use EdB Prepare Carefully too, and I noticed what you noticed as well. I took away the compColorable thing because it was messing with my texture art in game, but I'm working on a way to prevent that. I'll do some devtesting, and update the Google Doc with my results. If all goes as planned today, I hope to have an updated version for you to use.