[MOD] (Alpha 8) Stargate - Jaffa, Kree !

Started by Carnov, December 09, 2014, 05:40:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Epyk

Wanted to stop by and say how much I enjoy your mod. Good job!
Click picture for Epyk Pack!
Try Epokalypse!

Nemesis688

Quote from: Dead Videos on December 20, 2014, 12:52:53 AM

As for how one would kill a Kull without the disruptor..... i'm honestly not sure.

The first time the Kull warriors were encountered Bra'tac and Teal'c won because it basically died of an heart attack. So while the Kull Warriors were nigh unstoppable their bodies were rather defected. Maybe a death counter could be on them, or a negative health thing like bleeding. Something that would eventually cause them to just die. I don't really recall if their bodies were booby trapped like the Vanir but if they were you could add a random chance for it to explode too.

Maybe make it so if the body is recovered you get the option to research the Kull disrupter. The way I see it working is during the first encounter only one would spawn and the player would just have to wait it out and try and mitigate the damage it causes. As time goes on more will spawn in but by that point the player should be able to kill them effectively.

DieselpunkCyborg

I can't seem to find the Jaffa staff in the storage lists, which is annoying because they sell for so much.

Also, cool mod. It came with Epyk and it thrilled me when I realized the guys were from Stargate. You might wanna think about nerfing Jaffa armour a little bit, its pretty powerful early on and you get tons of it.

numen0r

Quote from: DieselpunkCyborg on January 31, 2015, 04:34:54 PM
I can't seem to find the Jaffa staff in the storage lists, which is annoying because they sell for so much.

Also, cool mod. It came with Epyk and it thrilled me when I realized the guys were from Stargate. You might wanna think about nerfing Jaffa armour a little bit, its pretty powerful early on and you get tons of it.

Yea I had the same problem, they're part of the ranged weapons category but are hidden from the inventory slot. you can select them by first hitting X for all weapons, the checking only "ranged weapons" category then manually deselecting everything in that category. The category itself will still show partial selection (the hidden jaffa weapons)

DieselpunkCyborg

Quote from: numen0r on January 31, 2015, 05:11:37 PM

Yea I had the same problem, they're part of the ranged weapons category but are hidden from the inventory slot. you can select them by first hitting X for all weapons, the checking only "ranged weapons" category then manually deselecting everything in that category. The category itself will still show partial selection (the hidden jaffa weapons)

Ahh that's a clever solution, thanks

SilverDragon

This is because in the Defs\ThingDefs\Weapons_Jaffas.xml there is a little snippet of code like:
    <menuHidden>True</menuHidden>
line 107 for Jaffa Staff
line 156 for Zat'nik'tel

If you remove those lines or just set them to False, they'll be visible in the root menu of weapons. :)

kokuto

Vonholtz

Nume

UA_Serpent

Here, I've updated it. Don't forget to create new world.
And spawn chance set to 50% from 100

[attachment deleted due to age]
With love from Ukraine.

HBKRKO619

Quote from: UA_Serpent on February 28, 2015, 04:21:37 AM

Thanks but the 50% you talk about mean that the Jaxxa have only 50% chance to be in the new world created ? Why not keep it at 100% if if it's what I think ?

UA_Serpent

Quote from: HBKRKO619 on February 28, 2015, 06:28:38 AM

Thanks but the 50% you talk about mean that the Jaxxa have only 50% chance to be in the new world created ? Why not keep it at 100% if if it's what I think ?

So <raidCommonality>50</raidCommonality> means "only 50% chance to be in the new world created"?
With love from Ukraine.

HBKRKO619

Quote from: UA_Serpent on February 28, 2015, 09:19:42 AM
Quote from: HBKRKO619 on February 28, 2015, 06:28:38 AM

So <raidCommonality>50</raidCommonality> means "only 50% chance to be in the new world created"?

Ok so I will put this back to 100% in the second I finish to write this post xD
I really don't understand why you made this change, if people activate this mod before playing, it's to have Jaffa in the world they will create o-O It's just pure logic o-O

UA_Serpent

Quote from: HBKRKO619 on February 28, 2015, 11:33:47 AM
I really don't understand why you made this change, if people activate this mod before playing, it's to have Jaffa in the world they will create o-O It's just pure logic o-O
I've set <raidCommonality>0</raidCommonality>
Created new world
Created new colony, and I have Jaffa colony as enemies.
So "raidCommonality" sets raid chance. Jaffa won't spawn every Raid attack.

For those who want RaidCommonality 100. I've uploaded new archive

[attachment deleted due to age]
With love from Ukraine.

HBKRKO619

Quote from: UA_Serpent on February 28, 2015, 12:01:34 PM
Quote from: HBKRKO619 on February 28, 2015, 11:33:47 AM
I've set <raidCommonality>0</raidCommonality>
Created new world
Created new colony, and I have Jaffa colony as enemies.
So "raidCommonality" sets raid chance. Jaffa won't spawn every Raid attack.

For those who want RaidCommonality 100. I've uploaded new archive

OHHHH ok lol. That just proved that my capacity in modding are under level 0 xDDD Thank you anyway for the update  ;D