[MOD](A9) Cybernetic Storm - Balances and Fix (v3.5 - 19MAR15)

Started by elStrages, December 11, 2014, 07:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HahaOhWow

Damn, here I was hoping it would have been as easy as slapping in a bodyDef and thingDef for handCS, oh well! Anyways thank you so much for the amazing mod and the direct feedback! I'm certainly going to tinker with it myself some more :D

elStrages

go nuts :D if you make any progress that I missed let me know we can put it in the mod.

kingtyris

Why... why?!..

WHY don't the Jaffa have little X slits on their bellies? :'(

kingtyris

Fantastic mod btw. I love it. Once I dl'd it, I've spent at least a week straight replaying the game. I'm hooked. Thanks. Adds in mid and later game content that I've been dying for.

popster99

Quote from: kingtyris on February 14, 2015, 10:40:11 PM
Fantastic mod btw. I love it. Once I dl'd it, I've spent at least a week straight replaying the game. I'm hooked. Thanks. Adds in mid and later game content that I've been dying for.
best spelling of di'd ever its spelt did

elStrages

Quote from: kingtyris on February 14, 2015, 10:40:11 PM

thanks, I'm glad you are enjoying it.

elStrages

So in my description is a like to the wiki page for my mods. I was wondering if anyone could have a scan through. It's still in development I just wanted to get some opinions on the CS section :D

TracerFox

Got a quick question for you guys.  Can anyone give me a summary of how this mod differs from Extended Surgery?  I love the basic idea of new implants, surgeries, and organ harvesting.  Both mods seem to have these basic themes, but I really don't know how they differ, and not sure which one I would want to use more.

elStrages

Quote from: TracerFox on February 16, 2015, 06:10:12 PM
Got a quick question for you guys.  Can anyone give me a summary of how this mod differs from Extended Surgery?  I love the basic idea of new implants, surgeries, and organ harvesting.  Both mods seem to have these basic themes, but I really don't know how they differ, and not sure which one I would want to use more.
Es add crafting for vanilla bionics and prosthetics as well as some new implants and more
CS add around 20 or so new bionics to the game, as well as power systems, weapons and armours. Crafting benches and advanced tech tree. and much more.
Each has a list of features in the first forum post, I would go have a look there
Also I have been updating my mod page on the wiki, have a look there for cybernetic storms feature (its a work in progress, Link in description)

TracerFox

Can anyone confirm if ES and CS are incompatible if used together? Could they be edited to be made compatible?
If so, would anyone be willing to guide me through this?

elStrages

Quote from: TracerFox on February 16, 2015, 07:43:59 PM
Can anyone confirm if ES and CS are incompatible if used together? Could they be edited to be made compatible?
If so, would anyone be willing to guide me through this?
Incompatible
Merge the pawn_humanoid install part section def in the XML should resolve the issue

TracerFox

Quote from: elStrages on February 17, 2015, 01:29:40 AM
Incompatible
Merge the pawn_humanoid install part section def in the XML should resolve the issue

Huh.  Just did a search for pawn_humanoid in all the XML files of both CS and ES and got no hits at all.  Sorry to sound obtuse here, but which files specifically am I looking for/at?  Pretty sure I can figure out the merges to make once I know what files to work on.

elStrages

Rimwolrd folder > mods > "mod name" > defs > thingDefs > race_humanoid.xml
I believe that's the file path, I'm not near my computer to look right now :) but I'm pritty sure its that

TracerFox

Quote from: elStrages on February 18, 2015, 01:30:38 AM
Rimwolrd folder > mods > "mod name" > defs > thingDefs > race_humanoid.xml
I believe that's the file path, I'm not near my computer to look right now :) but I'm pritty sure its that
Huh... Just checked the ES mod, and it does not use that file, nor does it seem to edit the humanoid pawn defs anywhere else in the mod.

elStrages

Hmm ok well I will have a look later myself and see if I can narrow the problem. If it's not what I originally thought it may be a conflict of editable body parts or vanilla limbs. I will let you know :)