[MOD](A9) Cybernetic Storm - Balances and Fix (v3.5 - 19MAR15)

Started by elStrages, December 11, 2014, 07:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elStrages

Quote from: PineyCreek on February 26, 2015, 05:32:32 PM
Hey I'm getting a glitch where the nanothread plants start to die. When it approaches 1.1 days to being fully grown it's health starts ticking down and dies about half a day before it can be harvested making it impossible to advance in the mod since I have to depend on the off chance someone is selling some.
Thanks, logged this bug, can anyone confirm?
Quote from: sybreal on February 26, 2015, 06:01:50 PM
I'm getting errors when I try to craft some items. For example this one:
JobDriver threw exception in initAction. Pawn=JJ, Job=DoBill(A=NanoRiflingBenchCS278066, B=NanomitesItemCS440805), Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

They're all the same format, just for different items. I can craft some items in this mod like nanomites, no problem.
This keep coming up, can i get more information please, can you run some bills and when it throws the exception, can you send me a screen of the log with the details window at the bottom of the box. Also what other mods are you running?
Quote from: JagenXI on February 27, 2015, 01:00:39 AM
I found a bug where my crafter would go to craft a nanotech rifle, finish and A) the bill doesnt say complete and B) The item being made doesnt get made, forgive the grammer. Attached is a screenshot of the dev log with the error. I hope this gets resolved or maybe you can tell me what im doing wrong, im almost a year in and I have everything exactly as I want it.

Thanks I'm stumped by this, i never get this problem. I will have to set up a load of crafting benches and sit making guns for an hour to see if i can trigger it!

So are the majority in agreement, you would prefer bulk construction over faster construction times. In which case i will look into changing it. If you read this and agree can you +1 this bottom part of my post in a quote, thanks.

JagenXI

Quote from: elStrages on February 27, 2015, 03:21:04 AM
Quote from: PineyCreek on February 26, 2015, 05:32:32 PM
Hey I'm getting a glitch where the nanothread plants start to die. When it approaches 1.1 days to being fully grown it's health starts ticking down and dies about half a day before it can be harvested making it impossible to advance in the mod since I have to depend on the off chance someone is selling some.
Thanks, logged this bug, can anyone confirm?
Quote from: sybreal on February 26, 2015, 06:01:50 PM
I'm getting errors when I try to craft some items. For example this one:
JobDriver threw exception in initAction. Pawn=JJ, Job=DoBill(A=NanoRiflingBenchCS278066, B=NanomitesItemCS440805), Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

They're all the same format, just for different items. I can craft some items in this mod like nanomites, no problem.
This keep coming up, can i get more information please, can you run some bills and when it throws the exception, can you send me a screen of the log with the details window at the bottom of the box. Also what other mods are you running?
Quote from: JagenXI on February 27, 2015, 01:00:39 AM
I found a bug where my crafter would go to craft a nanotech rifle, finish and A) the bill doesnt say complete and B) The item being made doesnt get made, forgive the grammer. Attached is a screenshot of the dev log with the error. I hope this gets resolved or maybe you can tell me what im doing wrong, im almost a year in and I have everything exactly as I want it.

Thanks I'm stumped by this, i never get this problem. I will have to set up a load of crafting benches and sit making guns for an hour to see if i can trigger it!

So are the majority in agreement, you would prefer bulk construction over faster construction times. In which case i will look into changing it. If you read this and agree can you +1 this bottom part of my post in a quote, thanks.

Actually I just updated to CS 3.45 and I dont have this problem anymore, everything works just fine, my save game was alil weird because I had new techs and my self powering farm with the 12k w nano generator got changed to 5k and was like holy crap connect to main grid. However great rebalancing looking forward to future updates from you.

Whatever you changed from 3.4 to 3.45 made the rifling benchs work, please dont break your back trying to repeat it. lol

Wendigo

For anyone having a problem growing nanovine/nanothread, the issue seems to be with the standard nanovine trays due to the <lifespandays> value being at 30 in the Plants_CultivatedCS.xml file (In CyberneticStorm\thingdefs).  Because the plant takes more then 30 days to grow (15.6 days, but it only grows for half a day then needs to rest) it will run out of time and die before it actually reaches full growth.  If you tweak the <lifespandays> value to 35 or higher, you should have time to grow and harvest the plant before it dies off.  You'll be looking for the value under <defName>NanoVineCS</defName> , but if you aren't familiar with XML, you may want to wait for a patch to avoid the risk of breaking something.

Boboid

So I found some spare time and dug out my old note sheet for Cybernetic Storm.

First off, typos -
Rifling Bench is currently called "Rafling Bench"

Also the Rifling Technology has no description ( It's just " . )
Same for Bionic Aids..

Nanotech Rifling research reads " Allows you to creating Nanotech Weapons " which ought to read " Allows you to create " or " Allows the creation of "

Craftsmen Technologies (That may need to be renamed :P ) reads " This will allows you " and later on there's a " Form " rather than From.

--
You can still create Medicine in the Craftsman's Worktable
--

Balance wise.. so you've done some real shuffling since I last played and there are a few easy fixes.

Armoured Vests/Kevlar Helmets/Millitary Helmets/Everything in the Rifling Bench all probably need their costs increased by.. 10x?
For reference a Longsword uses 120 of the chosen material, an armoured vest currently uses 10 steel and 8 cloth :P
The crafting times are incredibly short too, they could probably use a pass to bring them into line with vanilla.

I'd probably give all the Bionic limbs/organs/ect the same treatment frankly.
If you know roughly what you're doing you can outfit around 10 colonists with full bionics within.. 100 days? Max?

Once you complete the research it's more or less done instantly, the materials are trivial to obtain ( Just steel and cloth ) and the quantities are tiny.
And of course the rate of construction increases exponentially because your colonists do everything more quickly.

None of it lines up sensibly with the associated costs of the further improved prosthetics either.
Just going to leave the Simple/Carbon prosthetics for the moment, right now they're simultaniously too easy to craft and pointless because of the current Bionics costs.
Probably get around to looking at them more closely later on.
--

Oh yeah almost forgot, you can't install Exoskeletons, either of the sternum Skins, brain implants, or Bionic Lungs with herbal medicine. I'm sure there are some other things as well but those are all I encountered.

It's not a problem(It's perfectly reasonable to simply add to the cost of installing those things), but it's an inconsistency that isn't listed anywhere.

--
Wendigo's covered the Nanothread problem so I won't go into that.

That's all I've got for now, only had a couple hours to spare, G'luck elStrages!
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

elStrages

Quote from: JagenXI on February 27, 2015, 03:59:39 AM
-cut-
Whatever you changed from 3.4 to 3.45 made the rifling benchs work, please dont break your back trying to repeat it. lol
No worries thanks for letting me know!

Quote from: Wendigo on February 27, 2015, 04:16:32 AM
For anyone having a problem growing nanovine/nanothread, the issue seems to be with the standard nanovine trays due to the <lifespandays> value being at 30 in the Plants_CultivatedCS.xml file (In CyberneticStorm\thingdefs).  Because the plant takes more then 30 days to grow (15.6 days, but it only grows for half a day then needs to rest) it will run out of time and die before it actually reaches full growth.  If you tweak the <lifespandays> value to 35 or higher, you should have time to grow and harvest the plant before it dies off.  You'll be looking for the value under <defName>NanoVineCS</defName> , but if you aren't familiar with XML, you may want to wait for a patch to avoid the risk of breaking something.
Thanks for this, i thought i had changed it when i brought the time frame down, I wanted nanovine to grow in 10 days, i may have got my numbers muddled, i will look to patch when i get home tonight.

Quote from: Boboid on February 27, 2015, 04:23:48 AM
-cut-
That's all I've got for now, only had a couple hours to spare, G'luck elStrages!
Chees dude, i will get to it, thanks for the list its very helpful :)

kaiserslash

that explains why i havent been able to grow anything lol i watched it hit 1 day till full growth then start dieing lol thanks for the quickfix

JagenXI

weird I dont have this problem, my plants are fine til a blight or solar flare hit (which happens alot btw) but yea I do think nano thread for how much is needed and how much energy it takes to maintain a functioning farm they need to grow fast, I agree with bob on some aspects of the material requirements, the rifling bench in v3.45 was putting out guns so cheap that I no longer needed my 3d printer mod, while an LMG was costing me 350 steel at the printer, the rifling bench was costing me 20-50? Now im not saying crank up 10x thats ridiculous i have a hard time finding steel as is. but a moderate increase of 2x or even 5x would be appropriate. Anyways just a suggestion, keep up the good work.

shhfiftyfive

Quote from: JagenXI on February 27, 2015, 11:35:49 AM
weird I dont have this problem, my plants are fine til a blight or solar flare hit (which happens alot btw) but yea I do think nano thread for how much is needed and how much energy it takes to maintain a functioning farm they need to grow fast, I agree with bob on some aspects of the material requirements, the rifling bench in v3.45 was putting out guns so cheap that I no longer needed my 3d printer mod, while an LMG was costing me 350 steel at the printer, the rifling bench was costing me 20-50? Now im not saying crank up 10x thats ridiculous i have a hard time finding steel as is. but a moderate increase of 2x or even 5x would be appropriate. Anyways just a suggestion, keep up the good work.
is that the nano printer/scanner from haplo's misc mod? i keep trying to use that mod but it causes my pawns to bug out and stop pathing. also the costs to replicate items were all asking for waaaaay to much steel. but i never had the desire to replicate lmg.

DTSXavid

Hey- not sure what's wrong with my game, but I'm running into the issue of not being able to install any cybernetic stuff (everything else works fine though)

Lou102

Quote from: DTSXavid on February 27, 2015, 03:20:18 PM
Hey- not sure what's wrong with my game, but I'm running into the issue of not being able to install any cybernetic stuff (everything else works fine though)

When you say everything else works fine you mean that bionic and Nanotech parts work fine? What is the medicine skill level of your colonists? It takes a higher skill level doctor to put in Cybernetic parts on a patient.

DTSXavid

EDIT: Just realized that it was a different mod's bionics... might be my mod loading order? Here's a list of mods I have now:

Core
EdBModLoader
EdBInterface
EdBPrepareCarefully
Apothecarius
Biodiversity
Cybernetic Storm
More Sun Lamps
More Vanilla Turrets
Stonecutting Tweaks
Rimfire
Temperature Control
DefesiveThatColony!
Glitter Tech (It actually might be this one, this mod adds some implants too)
Grow Goods
RTGs
Floor Lights
More Floors
Glassworks
Rimworld PSI
Rimeffect
Rimeffect - Merc
Soiling EASY
M&Co Common
M&Co ForceField
M&Co MMS
Textures (Various mods)
Miscellaneous
Vein Miner
Industrialization

Viken

Cybernetic Storm should be loaded AFTER Glitter Tech in order for them both to work properly.

Gibson8088

Well... I upgraded Cybernetic Storm, but now I have an amusing glitch. 

My pawn Dekker is kitted out in an Orion Exeskeleton(GlitterTech mod) and a pegleg(crafted from Expanded Prosthetics).  Before the 3.45 update he was as you'd expect, decent movement speed thanks to the exoskeleton.

But now.. well... he has one leg and a Peg leg for a "Left big toe".  Moving is listed as None but he's zipping around the screen like the Roadrunner, running faster than I'd expect any one-legged man with a wooden toe could go.

I'm tempted to fix him... but this is just too funny!

SWLover123456

Are the weapons and such added by this mod balanced with Combat Realism? I assume not, and if that's the case, could a compatibility patch be developed?