[MOD](A9) Cybernetic Storm - Balances and Fix (v3.5 - 19MAR15)

Started by elStrages, December 11, 2014, 07:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DTSXavid

The way the mod is right now, I realized why nano-threads aren't working. They're set to be fully harvestable at 50%? Could be due to the improved nano-vine hydroponic. Anywho, they start dying around 93%-95% resulting in death right around 98%. Mind you, they can be manually harvested, but that's not a whole lot of fun.

Makropony

What's up with "Rifling Technology" and "Bionic Aids"? They're research topics that don't seem to do anything and don't have a description.
Also, can the amount of work required to make guns and bodyparts be tweaked? They are built way too fast and fuck up economy pronto.

palandus

elStrages

sorry i have been out of the loop for a few days, as i have been away at the in-laws. I have read all comments and i will be adjusting things in the next few days.
Quote from: DTSXavid on March 01, 2015, 03:16:57 PM
The way the mod is right now, I realized why nano-threads aren't working. They're set to be fully harvestable at 50%? Could be due to the improved nano-vine hydroponic. Anywho, they start dying around 93%-95% resulting in death right around 98%. Mind you, they can be manually harvested, but that's not a whole lot of fun.
This i fexed and put up a new version on the links on saturday.  Have you downloaded since then and is it still broken.

Quote from: Makropony on March 01, 2015, 08:28:32 PM
What's up with "Rifling Technology" and "Bionic Aids"? They're research topics that don't seem to do anything and don't have a description.
Also, can the amount of work required to make guns and bodyparts be tweaked? They are built way too fast and fuck up economy pronto.
Rifling Techshould unlock rifling bench, i will check, likely to be a bug
Bionic Aids doesnt do anything for now, in the effort to get the bugs fixed from 3.4 i released 3.45 to try and make the mod playable again. I am adding a lot fo stuff that i make mistakes etc etc.
I definitly know the weapons are built too fast i was notified after i changed the resource demand.  I will be increasing all timings based on the construction of parkas and gladiuses.

Quote from: palandus on March 01, 2015, 09:30:25 PM
Mod looking great Elstrages. Keep up the great work!
And to all have praised the mod, thanks, i appreciate it a lot!

One final point, Feniks did a Mod spot light for Cybernetic Storm it can be found HERE. I would like to say thanks for this, its awesome. Please watch it and have a look at some of this other lets plays. Happy Gaming!

Makropony

I absolutely get rifling bench along with Craftsman Workstation, before I research Rifling Technology.

I think the resource costs for weapons are okay (it doesn't take much steel to make a weapon) but the times should be cranked way up.

Cheers.

Poko

Huge fan of the mod, thank you! 

I re-downloaded it yesterday, and, while I think the resource costs for some things needed to go up, you might have gone too far.  Bionic limbs and things are 30-50 synthread, which is 100 cloth each now, for 3000-5000 cloth per bionic limb.  Same thing with nano weapons, and nano-thread is incredibly slow to farm. 

s7jones

Hi elStrages,

I've found a bug involving the bionics in my latest playthrough. I'm not sure if it's something inherent to the mod or the base game, but maybe you'll know what could be happening.

Basically I installed a bionic arm onto one of my colonists, Joey, and he was later killed in battle. When I select Joey's dead body and go to the health > operations tab, I can add bill "remove part (right shoulder)". Now although the bill itself is not added to the operations list, one of my doctors will still go to the body and "remove" a bionic arm, leaving a bionic arm by the body.

After this when I check his Joey's body via health > overview, it still has the bionic arm in the right shoulder (despite my doctor "removing" it and generating one now lying on the floor).

This glitch effectively means that I can infinitely "remove" a bionic arm from Joey's dead body to generate as many bionic arms as I need in my playthrough.

I'm not sure if you're meant to be able to remove mods from dead bodies in the first place. I don't know why the operation menu doesn't show the list of bills.

If you need anymore information, let me know.

Thanks.

**EDIT**
I loaded the save with the infinite bionic arm, and eventually (I'm not sure exactly at which point) the bionic arm was finally judged to be removed! I managed to get 35 bionic arms from his body though, so something isn't quite right.

CodyRex123

Alright, seeing that i don't remember, does this mod let you take limbs from other pawns and install them to another pawn?
Dragons!

elStrages

Quote from: Poko on March 03, 2015, 10:39:00 AM
Huge fan of the mod, thank you! 

I re-downloaded it yesterday, and, while I think the resource costs for some things needed to go up, you might have gone too far.  Bionic limbs and things are 30-50 synthread, which is 100 cloth each now, for 3000-5000 cloth per bionic limb.  Same thing with nano weapons, and nano-thread is incredibly slow to farm.
on the recipe its 100 cloth for 10 synthread so your numbers are out by a 0 ;)
Its actually 300-500 cloth, which maybe is still too high, i will test and chnage as appropriate

Quote from: s7jones on March 03, 2015, 05:50:09 PM
Hi elStrages,

I've found a bug involving the bionics in my latest playthrough. I'm not sure if it's something inherent to the mod or the base game, but maybe you'll know what could be happening.

Basically I installed a bionic arm onto one of my colonists, Joey, and he was later killed in battle. When I select Joey's dead body and go to the health > operations tab, I can add bill "remove part (right shoulder)". Now although the bill itself is not added to the operations list, one of my doctors will still go to the body and "remove" a bionic arm, leaving a bionic arm by the body.

After this when I check his Joey's body via health > overview, it still has the bionic arm in the right shoulder (despite my doctor "removing" it and generating one now lying on the floor).

This glitch effectively means that I can infinitely "remove" a bionic arm from Joey's dead body to generate as many bionic arms as I need in my playthrough.

I'm not sure if you're meant to be able to remove mods from dead bodies in the first place. I don't know why the operation menu doesn't show the list of bills.

If you need anymore information, let me know.

Thanks.

**EDIT**
I loaded the save with the infinite bionic arm, and eventually (I'm not sure exactly at which point) the bionic arm was finally judged to be removed! I managed to get 35 bionic arms from his body though, so something isn't quite right.
The starnage thing is the bionic arm issue has come up before and i believe it is not down to my mod. Installing and uninstalling bionic arms is all vanilla, i havnt change that at all.

Quote from: CodyRex123 on March 03, 2015, 08:39:13 PM
Alright, seeing that i don't remember, does this mod let you take limbs from other pawns and install them to another pawn?
Yes and Yes, although the arms and legs are a bit warped for a simple reason.  The way the body system works that when you install a leg or arm, it removes all the associated parts, feet toes fingers etc. But when you reinstall the part you cannot get them parts back, so it basically means you have one part there instead. This in the end will mean that you are more likely to be shot in that limb and suffer from it. So really, it can be done but its probably not worth it until i can fingure out that kink.

My wife has been ill for a few days and i have had to look after my kids, sorry if i don't reply staright away or get to resolving some issue in quick time.

Boboid

For my own 2c I'm fairly happy with the bionic cost, it can take several days to make a bionic limb depending on your cotton output but I don't think that's unreasonble for something that accelerates literally every part of your colony.
It's not as though they require any rare or even particularly expensive components, once you get a few arms/legs on key colonists production speeds up in any case.
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

elStrages

Noted, i think its probably just the crafting time then, looking through i believe parkas are 30000 ticks where as most of the stings in the mod are armounr 3000, i will definitaly be uping the crafting time. something like 20k 30k 40k - bionic nano, cyber.
Thoughts?

shhfiftyfive

i've been waiting for tynan to release 9f before i test the latest version of this mod.... i'm pretty sure 9e has dr's not gaining exp and such. and i'm not really interested in starting a new world with useless pawns that fail surgery. the surgery success chance drastically changes based on your dr skill. level 1 dr with bionic arms and eyes is still only about 60% success. level 5 bionic dr is well over 100%. problem is 9e won't let you get to level 5. you have to recruit prisoners who are already dr's... i hope he is making a 9f and not saving that for alpha 10...

Boboid

Quote from: elStrages on March 04, 2015, 06:10:08 AM
Noted, i think its probably just the crafting time then, looking through i believe parkas are 30000 ticks where as most of the stings in the mod are armounr 3000, i will definitaly be uping the crafting time. something like 20k 30k 40k - bionic nano, cyber.
Thoughts?

Those times seem fine but you could easily go crazy with it if you wanted - Personally I'd still happily make bionics even if they took days to physically craft, however that might have unintended side-effects whereby crafting skill increases too rapidly as a result.

An Artist for example will likely go from 3-10 skill crafting a single stone sculpture, you probably don't want crafters doing the same.

As for the surgery issues Shhfiftyfive, two bionic arms + 2 bionic eyes makes everyone more or less a perfect surgeon, if you're really paranoid about death-by-surgery ( which frankly isn't that common ) you can either save scum it or simply bionic up someone you don't care about losing first and then use them for all further surgeries.
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

elStrages

I didn't realise the skill increase was so drastic, maybe I will knock off a 0, just increase time for nano and cybernetic but 2000 4000 respectively as you still need crafting 9 then 12 to even start them.

MsMeiriona

Hey, I'm almost -positive- this is a mistake

(just cutting out the relevant parts)

Quote<HediffDef ParentName="AddedBodyPartBase">
    <defName>NanoBrainCS</defName>
    <label>nano advanced brain</label>

followed by

Quote<HediffDef ParentName="AddedBodyPartBase">
    <defName>NanoAdvancedBrainCS</defName>
    <label>Nano Advanced Brain</label>

Obviously the label on the first one is wrong, and should be "Nano Brain"