[MOD](A9) Cybernetic Storm - Balances and Fix (v3.5 - 19MAR15)

Started by elStrages, December 11, 2014, 07:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

senospt

elStrages

Grown at the nanoponics bench which is unlocked through nanotechnology research.

skullywag

i have no idea why but nanoponics just made me grin....what a great word.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

ManWithNoName

Quote from: elStrages on January 27, 2015, 06:55:40 AM
still a bit concerned on one issue: if cybernetic visitors walk into my turret room and take friendly fire because they are in between the enemy and the turret... will this cause the cybernetic faction to get upset with me? i just don't want to risk my entire game being ruined by something like that. maybe there is a way to code it so they forgive for such occurrences?

side note: i do wish there was a way to keep op factions like jaffa in the game, if they could somehow be coded so they wouldn't show up so early (say first appearance is year 2-3) but i can only assume that is entirely impossible.

This just happened to me, they stood in the incorrect place got shot blamed me sent 24 soldiers at my base... destroyed most themselfs all my turrets and shield generators then killed everyman i had left due to having superious armour and weapons. All i saw was mazssive explosions and my base gone.

Totally ruined the game.
Mod simply removed due to total inbalance.

elStrages

Quote from: ManWithNoName on January 30, 2015, 06:21:51 PM
Quote from: elStrages on January 27, 2015, 06:55:40 AM
still a bit concerned on one issue: if cybernetic visitors walk into my turret room and take friendly fire because they are in between the enemy and the turret... will this cause the cybernetic faction to get upset with me? i just don't want to risk my entire game being ruined by something like that. maybe there is a way to code it so they forgive for such occurrences?

side note: i do wish there was a way to keep op factions like jaffa in the game, if they could somehow be coded so they wouldn't show up so early (say first appearance is year 2-3) but i can only assume that is entirely impossible.

This just happened to me, they stood in the incorrect place got shot blamed me sent 24 soldiers at my base... destroyed most themselfs all my turrets and shield generators then killed everyman i had left due to having superious armour and weapons. All i saw was mazssive explosions and my base gone.

Totally ruined the game.
Mod simply removed due to total inbalance.
I am sorry for the trouble it caused you, but it does make me giggle a little, I'm sure you have autosaves and save often so can recover your game. I will get this balance sorted y tomorrow I promise!

elStrages

|==========Bug reports: (fixing for patch 3.4)==========|
Problem Unresolvable | Current Problem | Problem Resolved
3.3.a: Cyber-Coven Heavy makes the game unmplayable
Cyber-Coven Heavy (cyber storm wielder) removed
3.3.b: Bionics are never made due to resource requirments
Bionics changed from plateel to steel and removed hyperweave requirements
3.3.c: Audio and visual implants are pointless
stats changed on Skill at arms and Melee implants to 5% to bring back use of visual and audio implants at 10%
3.3.d: Prosthetic legs are epointless
now only need 10 wood and 5 steel as apposed to 45 wood and 10 steel
3.3.e: Nanoskin creates wrong item
Recipe fixed to produce the right item
3.3.f: Armour ingredients visual problem
3.3.g: Cyber sniper damage
Was using wrong bullet, now fixed
3.3.h: Cyber sniper text
Typo fixed in description
3.3.i: greaves text wrong
Typo fixed to the correct spelling
3.3.j: peg leg speed buff issue
I think this is a tynan issue, I didn't code peg legs the are vanilla
|=========================================|

ManWithNoName

Im glad that the loss of hours of game play amuses you and no, there are no saves as i only use the auto saves as that's all i require.

I play the game for a few hours at a time, i build up the base and once its over its over.

As for you re-balancing the mod not too interested it still be greatly outbalanced if your doing it.

elStrages

Quote from: ManWithNoName on January 30, 2015, 07:20:21 PM
Im glad that the loss of hours of game play amuses you and no, there are no saves as i only use the auto saves as that's all i require.

I play the game for a few hours at a time, i build up the base and once its over its over.

As for you re-balancing the mod not too interested it still be greatly outbalanced if your doing it.
And how exactly would you personally balance it? Also if your playing it at hours at a time, then you will have had autosaves and been able to back track a little, I am sorry that this issue happened but I am resolving it. I can only resolve things as they get reported, and I can also only resolve things when I have the time.

palandus

Anything else planned for this mod? Got lots of great stuff already... except for certain things, like more advanced furniture.

Like:
-> Advanced beds which provide greater rest and faster healing in them.
-> Advanced medical beds which provide much faster healing in them and a greater bonus to medical skill.
-> Advanced building material that can be produced from Nanothread, and can be used to make better walls, doors, etc..., as well as used as floors.
-> Advanced Medkits made from nanomites and nanothread that greatly assist doctors when healing patients.
-> The Nerve Stapler Device that makes prisoners far more "willing" to join the colony faster.
-> Advanced melee weapons that are designed for incapping people faster than normal weapons (ie Taser)
-> Crazy weapon ideas, such as the Rocket Minigun, or the Automatic Grenade Launcher, or the Belt-Fed Automatic Quad Barrel Shotgun, or the Cricket (lots of power in a small package)
-> Advanced Nanothread Clothing that is more durable than regular clothing and better for surviving hot or cold environments.
-> Anti-Aircraft weapons designed to shoot drop pods out of the sky.
-> Advanced Hydroponics for growing plants faster and more energy efficient
-> Trash Compactor, that destroys anything caught inside (also kills anything living); great for getting rid of a ton of unwanted bodies, equipment, or other junk very quickly.
-> Flamethrowers for dealing with close ranged combatants and for burning up corpses at a range to avoid getting the "seen dead bodies" debuff.
-> Mech Suits? Likely a coding thing, but if you could do it without coding that be awesome.
-> PA System, where one colonist is attached to the system (similar to how colonists must man a Mortar) and anyone near one of the speakers gets a positive mood boost. The speakers won't work if a colonist isn't attach to the PA System.
-> Freezethrowers; like a flamethrower I suppose, but instead freezes targets causing quick hypothermia and frostbite.
-> And probably some more ideas later >.>

HBKRKO619

Please elStrages, don't remove your faction, they are great and like you said, if a problem made this faction our ennemi, just load an auto save, their is one every 10 min more or less, I absolutly don't see the problem here o-O
This faction is made to be OP, it's like asking to remove the commando from glitter tech mod because of OPness, their are made to be OP o-O

elStrages

Quote from: palandus on January 30, 2015, 07:38:01 PM
Anything else planned for this mod? Got lots of great stuff already... except for certain things, like more advanced furniture.

Like:
-> Advanced beds which provide greater rest and faster healing in them.
-> Advanced medical beds which provide much faster healing in them and a greater bonus to medical skill.
-> Advanced building material that can be produced from Nanothread, and can be used to make better walls, doors, etc..., as well as used as floors.
-> Advanced Medkits made from nanomites and nanothread that greatly assist doctors when healing patients.
-> The Nerve Stapler Device that makes prisoners far more "willing" to join the colony faster.
-> Advanced melee weapons that are designed for incapping people faster than normal weapons (ie Taser)
-> Crazy weapon ideas, such as the Rocket Minigun, or the Automatic Grenade Launcher, or the Belt-Fed Automatic Quad Barrel Shotgun, or the Cricket (lots of power in a small package)
-> Advanced Nanothread Clothing that is more durable than regular clothing and better for surviving hot or cold environments.
-> Anti-Aircraft weapons designed to shoot drop pods out of the sky.
-> Advanced Hydroponics for growing plants faster and more energy efficient
-> Trash Compactor, that destroys anything caught inside (also kills anything living); great for getting rid of a ton of unwanted bodies, equipment, or other junk very quickly.
-> Flamethrowers for dealing with close ranged combatants and for burning up corpses at a range to avoid getting the "seen dead bodies" debuff.
-> Mech Suits? Likely a coding thing, but if you could do it without coding that be awesome.
-> PA System, where one colonist is attached to the system (similar to how colonists must man a Mortar) and anyone near one of the speakers gets a positive mood boost. The speakers won't work if a colonist isn't attach to the PA System.
-> Freezethrowers; like a flamethrower I suppose, but instead freezes targets causing quick hypothermia and frostbite.
-> And probably some more ideas later >.>

as per usual your ideas are great, I have noted them down and I will look into adding them when I can :) right now I am going to be releasing a patch for current version.
Quote from: HBKRKO619 on January 30, 2015, 07:39:33 PM
Please elStrages, don't remove your faction, they are great and like you said, if a problem made this faction our ennemi, just load an auto save, their is one every 10 min more or less, I absolutly don't see the problem here o-O
This faction is made to be OP, it's like asking to remove the commando from glitter tech mod because of OPness, their are made to be OP o-O
I shant be removing them, just the one unit that is causing the issues, he will now not spawn as part of the faction, but you can still make the weapon for yourself, just don't use it indoors. :D

Boboid

Sweet, update ftw - After I'm done mucking about with taming Orion's crawlers I'll jump back into Cybernetic. Interested to see how Cyber Coven combat goes now :)

Out of interest is it intentional that Cyber-Coven pawns can't be modified by implants ect? I just assumed it was because they're so much more durable ( and faster ) by default.
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

ManWithNoName

Quote from: elStrages on January 30, 2015, 07:25:14 PM
Quote from: ManWithNoName on January 30, 2015, 07:20:21 PM

And how exactly would you personally balance it? Also if your playing it at hours at a time, then you will have had autosaves and been able to back track a little, I am sorry that this issue happened but I am resolving it. I can only resolve things as they get reported, and I can also only resolve things when I have the time.

Yes the game provides you with 5 save games and i always use the last save game, using an ealier one imo would be cheating seeing as the game is about creating a colony to survive isn't it? (i admit i used the dev tool once to put out a fire due to the ai being silly). I will admit i tried a few times to beat your faction but, same result everytime. They run into the base liek tribes men everthing explodes around 15-20 of them killed themselfs and the ones that were left just destroyed me.

Quite simply you created the ultimate faction that have no drawbacks. They have the best weapons the best armour which add nothing but bonuses for using them so late game if you dont plan on building the ship for a while there is only really one other thing to achieve outfit all your colonists with the cyberstorm armour its the best in the game :/

Because i wount be playing it again anytime soon, i will suggest looking at the scenario mod (ive not looked at this yet) and maybe create a scenario for the hardcore players where your mission is to defend a massive random attack after a certain time period. Or, i suppose it could be like a tower game where you have to build a colony and constantly defend against them oviously when they are more balanced.

But its a suggestion.

Anywya, out of this thread its late and ive already started another colony.

palandus

Some more ideas (before I forget them again):

-> Automatic Riot Turret = Fires shockstorm grenades that incap anyone in its blast radius. Also Mechanoids don't like getting zapped either.
-> Nanomite Floors = These special (and expensive to produce) floors allow you to grow plants on them, like regular soil, except that the fertility of this soil is far higher and thus plants grow a lot faster on this floor.
-> Relaxation Device = This device projects a small area around it that calms and relaxes those who feel very tense and in a bad mood. These could be made much more expensive than the PA System idea, but the main purpose of these devices is to help colonists on the verge of a mental breakdown to "calm" them down so that they don't have a mental break.
-> One-Way Doors (probably requires coding) = A door that allows colonists or raiders to enter a door from one direction, but won't allow them to open the door from the other side.

shhfiftyfive

i appreciate the op weapon removal, really. but i still fear enabling this mod.

i'd really love access to the craftable implants this mod has... without save scumming.

i would ask that the friendly faction be something i could disable in the mod load order. i like the idea but the vanilla game ai doesn't support this feature right now.

because i do not want agro from them when they inevitably will take fire from my turrets, being that's what happens with every friendly faction in the game. its not an if, but a when. i just don't feel like resorting to save scumming to get past this just to get access to the implants part of the mod.

kind regards.