[MOD](A9) Cybernetic Storm - Balances and Fix (v3.5 - 19MAR15)

Started by elStrages, December 11, 2014, 07:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boboid

Quote from: ManWithNoName on January 30, 2015, 09:53:52 PM

Yes the game provides you with 5 save games and i always use the last save game, using an ealier one imo would be cheating seeing as the game is about creating a colony to survive isn't it? (i admit i used the dev tool once to put out a fire due to the ai being silly). I will admit i tried a few times to beat your faction but, same result everytime. They run into the base liek tribes men everthing explodes around 15-20 of them killed themselfs and the ones that were left just destroyed me.

Well he's already fixed your afformentioned explosion problem, Cyber-Coven pawns no longer come armed with Cyber Storm weapons, which were the aoe single-use rocket launchers that detonated everyones bases instantly.

As for your preference to not use saved games, this is entirely on you as its your decision as to what you deem fair, but it's a bit disingenuous to continue to complain about something that has not only been fixed, but could've been avoided by you entirely.

Quite simply you created the ultimate faction that have no drawbacks. They have the best weapons the best armour which add nothing but bonuses for using them so late game if you dont plan on building the ship for a while there is only really one other thing to achieve outfit all your colonists with the cyberstorm armour its the best in the game :/

I can safely say that a lot of people don't consider building the ship to be the end game of Rimworld at all, and in the current game the effective endgame is to equip all your colonists with the appropriate devilstrand/hyperweave gear, bionics and power armour and develop the kind of killbox that 300 would be proud of. At least until the unit pathing chugs your computer to the point where it's unplayable.

As for drawbacks you can't actually modify Cyber-coven pawns with operations -currently-, so their work speed can be quite a bit slower than a fully implanted human

I tend to view mods such as Cybernetic Storm and Glittertech to just be extensions of the game progression, neither is balanced but that's part of being a mod. Moreso because the base game is incomplete.

A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

elStrages

|==========Bug reports: (fixing for patch 3.4)==========|
Problem Unresolvable | Current Problem | Problem Resolved
3.3.a: Cyber-Coven Heavy makes the game unmplayable
Cyber-Coven Heavy (cyber storm wielder) removed
3.3.b: Bionics are never made due to resource requirments
Bionics changed from plateel to steel and removed hyperweave requirements
3.3.c: Audio and visual implants are pointless
stats changed on Skill at arms and Melee implants to 5% to bring back use of visual and audio implants at 10%
3.3.d: Prosthetic legs are epointless
now only need 10 wood and 5 steel as apposed to 45 wood and 10 steel
3.3.e: Nanoskin creates wrong item
Recipe fixed to produce the right item
3.3.f: Armour ingredients visual problem
removed recipe maker, added recipes
3.3.g: Cyber sniper damage
Was using wrong bullet, now fixed
3.3.h: Cyber sniper text
Typo fixed in description
3.3.i: greaves text wrong
Typo fixed to the correct spelling
3.3.j: peg leg speed buff issue
I think this is a tynan issue, I didn't code peg legs the are vanilla
|=========================================|

Quote from: shhfiftyfive on January 31, 2015, 02:00:28 PM
i would ask that the friendly faction be something i could disable in the mod load order. i like the idea but the vanilla game ai doesn't support this feature right now.

kind regards.

seeing as it is a general request I will take them out and add them to the modded factions list. I will make them into their own mod.
WARNING - This will break old saves. new world and game will be needed to play update

palandus

Hey Elstrages, just curious why in your signature, it only has two mods listed, when I'm fairly sure you have others. Any significance with those two listed?

elStrages

Quote from: palandus on January 31, 2015, 06:20:07 PM
Hey Elstrages, just curious why in your signature, it only has two mods listed, when I'm fairly sure you have others. Any significance with those two listed?
they are the two im working on most and signature size really lol, I need to create a list post maybe :)

elStrages

Epyk

Click picture for Epyk Pack!
Try Epokalypse!

Boboid

Sweet, I'll give it another whirl Elstrages and come back with another list of complaints :P
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

ManWithNoName

Quote from: Boboid on January 31, 2015, 02:32:35 PM
Well he's already fixed your afformentioned explosion problem, Cyber-Coven pawns no longer come armed with Cyber Storm weapons, which were the aoe single-use rocket launchers that detonated everyones bases instantly.
Bit late now isn't it? My colony is already destroyed due to an unbalanced faction.

As for your preference to not use saved games, this is entirely on you as its your decision as to what you deem fair, but it's a bit disingenuous to continue to complain about something that has not only been fixed, but could've been avoided by you entirely.
Your right it is my choice, i do it because i rely on my skill rather than an ealier saved game im not a save game scum like you it seems. =)

And how could i avoid something i did not know about? The mod was included in the Epykpack i just activated it and then i get wiped out by a faction that are over powered where was the warning saying "this is op at the moment" or "we are still working on balance issues" i never saw this warning yet this is a released mod? :/

I can safely say that a lot of people don't consider building the ship to be the end game of Rimworld at all, and in the current game the effective endgame is to equip all your colonists with the appropriate devilstrand/hyperweave gear, bionics and power armour and develop the kind of killbox that 300 would be proud of. At least until the unit pathing chugs your computer to the point where it's unplayable.
I never said it was the end, i said those that choose to continue playing the game will end up taking the items from your mod as they are the best in the game, get your facts right at least.

As for drawbacks you can't actually modify Cyber-coven pawns with operations -currently-, so their work speed can be quite a bit slower than a fully implanted human
False.

The armor and weapons can have different stats right now they have the best in the game along with only advantages to using them, if you have the armor i believe that adds to the work speed and if you use the helmet faster aiming or something (i forget). The Jaffa Kree Faction has drawbacks, seems you dont have a clue what you are on about.

I tend to view mods such as Cybernetic Storm and Glittertech to just be extensions of the game progression, neither is balanced but that's part of being a mod. Moreso because the base game is incomplete.

Thats your choice just like using the last auto save is mine, but i refuse to use mods that are not balanced, i really dont class this mod as a final release its still a WIP as their are alot of balance issues and it seems the developer is just going to add more, while trying to fix others. This is his choice just like its mine not to use his mod.

Anyway, i have no idea why your even quoting me, my discussion was with the developer not you, alot of what you posted was garbage anyway and didnt even apply to me because it was fixed AFTER my post or you are suggesting i should become a save scum like yourself which i  refuse to do. Nothing could of been avoid by me because i didnt know the faction was imbalanced there is nothing to say this anywhere, like i said this mod is still a WIP not a release.

Again im out of this post and wont waste my time to reply to you.

Mod is WIP not a release...

palandus

Define "balanced".

I define this mod as balanced, because:
1) This stuff is related to the end game, that is not present in vanilla Rimworld. Obviously it would feel overpowered if your colony was in the early stages, but this isn't meant for the early game, but the end game (so basically after your colony has existed for like 3 ingame months or more)
2) This stuff is often very difficult to acquire, to create, or to buy, thus making each item balanced.
3) When the Factions version was released it did say that it was the "cybernetic faction" which basically implies they are equipped with all this "endgame" gear from this mod, and thus if you shoot them its basically suicidal.

This is all very well balanced in my opinion. Sure more balancing can occur to make it better, but its still fairly well balanced. 

Boboid

Quote from: ManWithNoName on January 31, 2015, 09:43:03 PM
Bit late now isn't it? My colony is already destroyed due to an unbalanced faction.
Well yes that's what a lack of research will do to you. IF the loss of a colony concerns you enough to set out to spit acid at the modder responsible then you should probably spend a bit more time asking or at the very least searching for information about the mods you choose to use.
Those are your options.

Your right it is my choice, i do it because i rely on my skill rather than an ealier saved game im not a save game scum like you it seems. =)

Good to see you're getting nice and malicious.
And how could i avoid something i did not know about? The mod was included in the Epykpack i just activated it and then i get wiped out by a faction that are over powered where was the warning saying "this is op at the moment" or "we are still working on balance issues" i never saw this warning yet this is a released mod? :/
You didn't bother to look for starters, and many, many released mods are works in progress, in fact, the vast majority are. There are no assurances in the Epyk pack that anything will be balanced, everything is use at your own discretion.

QuoteI never said it was the end, i said those that choose to continue playing the game will end up taking the items from your mod as they are the best in the game, get your facts right at least.

You haven't interpreted what I've written correctly. If you play a vanilla game the situation you're in is identical as I explained, you progress up to the point where you have the best equipment, this mod acts as an extension of a pre-existing progression. And if you wish to point to the penalties of wearing Power armour then I'll happily explain that the drawbacks are by and large meaningless.

False.

The armor and weapons can have different stats right now they have the best in the game along with only advantages to using them, if you have the armor i believe that adds to the work speed and if you use the helmet faster aiming or something (i forget). The Jaffa Kree Faction has drawbacks, seems you dont have a clue what you are on about.
Not sure what you're reading, it's not what I wrote.
The penalties I was referring to are specific to the Cyber-Coven PAWNS, the units themselves, the would-be-colonists - Not the armour.

Please refrain from trying to deflect your mistakes by insinuations about my intelligence.

Thats your choice just like using the last auto save is mine, but i refuse to use mods that are not balanced, i really dont class this mod as a final release its still a WIP as their are alot of balance issues and it seems the developer is just going to add more, while trying to fix others. This is his choice just like its mine not to use his mod.
Then I suggest you stop using mods entirely as there are very few that are indeed perfectly balanced, which shouldn't come as a surprise.
Anyway, i have no idea why your even quoting me, my discussion was with the developer not you, alot of what you posted was garbage anyway and didnt even apply to me because it was fixed AFTER my post or you are suggesting i should become a save scum like yourself which i  refuse to do. Nothing could of been avoid by me because i didnt know the faction was imbalanced there is nothing to say this anywhere, like i said this mod is still a WIP not a release.

Again im out of this post and wont waste my time to reply to you.
This is just knee-jerk bluster and really has no place here, it truly doesn't benefit anyone.
You're responsible for your choices ultimately.

ManWithNoName

Quote from: palandus on January 31, 2015, 10:05:39 PM
Define "balanced".

I define this mod as balanced, because:
1) This stuff is related to the end game, that is not present in vanilla Rimworld. Obviously it would feel overpowered if your colony was in the early stages, but this isn't meant for the early game, but the end game (so basically after your colony has existed for like 3 ingame months or more)
2) This stuff is often very difficult to acquire, to create, or to buy, thus making each item balanced.
3) When the Factions version was released it did say that it was the "cybernetic faction" which basically implies they are equipped with all this "endgame" gear from this mod, and thus if you shoot them its basically suicidal.

This is all very well balanced in my opinion. Sure more balancing can occur to make it better, but its still fairly well balanced.

Define balanced: Balanced to me means you have a chance and that its not going to be a white wash, for example Manchester United vs Doncaster is that a balanced game? No, Mancherster and Chelsea is more balance. But then again other factors play apart to this as to if they play their best team, if the players are tol to play their best etc etc.

1. Colony was around 5 months old, i had alot of the later tech researched via having one guy researching endlessly. I lost over 15k silver though my own mistakes and forgetting to lower the fortress shield sure it annoyed me but thats the game and my fault for not powering own the shiel that was constantly on.

2. Depends on your economy, i was selling to the AI then buying everything i wanted to sell more to him, basically i could do as i pleased.

3. Unfortunately i dont get to choose where they stand when im being attacked, and if thats in front of my turrets then, well thats their fault. Should i of let my base get damaged along with a few colonists while the mod faction ws killed? Maybe but i choice the decision at the time to fight. Like i said i dont use earlier saves as thats cheating.

@Boboid - i cba to reply to you again, your post again makes little sense yet again besides i told you i cba to reply to you again.

If you dont like my comment that your abuse your saves then thats not my problem, its the choice you made just like its mine to play a survival game how it should be played, its not my fault "this" mod is imbalanced. Now to stop this thread derailing anymore because of you im going to quit posting here, as it seems all you want to do is cause an argument im not here for that.

Sorry to say, you will not change my mind and i strongly suggest you dont play any proper survival games where their are no save games you really wouldnt like them.

Take care and feel free to waste more time.

@elStrages - Sorry for this thread being derailed, but keep up the modding work i have nothing against you just feel the mod needs alot of work that is all.

I have a feeling you may bring out some good mods in the future, just right now this isn;t the mod for me. If it improves at a later date i'll check it out (i'll take a break soon an re-turn ina  few alphas i did the same with prison break, the forrest, dayz etc etc H1Z1 is next)

palandus

Well, if you ever do pick up this mod or another one of its kind, I would suggest getting EatKenny's Turret Collection. The Avenger, and Laser Turret (provided you have the power) are very powerful... and very expensive, but are great for defenses against these super powered foes. I think the Avenger is like 2400 steel + the ammo belts + an AI core. Just thought I'd mention it.

ManWithNoName

Quote from: palandus on January 31, 2015, 11:07:19 PM
Well, if you ever do pick up this mod or another one of its kind, I would suggest getting EatKenny's Turret Collection. The Avenger, and Laser Turret (provided you have the power) are very powerful... and very expensive, but are great for defenses against these super powered foes. I think the Avenger is like 2400 steel + the ammo belts + an AI core. Just thought I'd mention it.

Thanks i currently have Turret Collection installed but only used brownings, mini guns and the advanced turret which requires cores so far oh and weapon bases (install guns). As i said above i'll take a break soon and play some H1Z1 fora  few a while then return in a few alphas, its what i do wth alot of games just to keep me entertained and keep them fresh.
________
Thanks Tynan.

Tynan

Some pointless argument posts have been removed. Please don't engage in unconstructive arguing on these forums.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

elStrages

Quote from: Tynan on January 31, 2015, 11:53:00 PM
Some pointless argument posts have been removed. Please don't engage in unconstructive arguing on these forums.

As Tynan said. I don't mind the feed back of what you like and dislike in the mod, it will make it better in the long run, but can we not berate each other on the post. I get that some people are upset that their colonies have been destroyed, but I have fixed the problem now, too late or not. If you still dislike my mod that's fine, just don't play it and leave it at that, thanks.