"Do until you have X" not working. Alpha 8b

Started by mbos14, December 14, 2014, 09:19:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbos14

"Do until you have X" is not working for some of the workbenches. Maybe for some it is done on purpose. But i used it a lot for the stone cutters table. Is this a bug or is this intended.

skullywag

I wonder if its a bug in that it doesnt detect the stuff the thing is made of. So making 200 sandstone blocks is checking for the presence of normal stone blocks.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

mbos14

the strange thing is i did use to work in the alpha before 8 so i dont know why. (dont think it was a mod. didnt have one except for the explosif one the gave to you with it.)

shmooe

Quote from: mbos14 on December 14, 2014, 09:19:37 AM
"Do until you have X" is not working for some of the workbenches. Maybe for some it is done on purpose. But i used it a lot for the stone cutters table. Is this a bug or is this intended.

It is important to remember you have to have a stock pile for the said item being made X amount of times. Otherwise the game cant track how many were made. Maybe this is your issue? Idk otherwise I would need to see the log file and check for an error code. also does it say anything or just not work? either way check your stock
piles 1st

Cimanyd

The game explains why you can't:

"(This recipe cannot have a target count because it has multiple or unpredictable products.)"

That applies to many of the benches. Tailoring, smithing, and sculpting use the new system with unfinished things, authors, and quality (though apparel doesn't have quality yet, but it will in A9). Butchering produces multiple, unpredictable products (many kinds of leather, many kinds of meat). Stonecutting produces different kinds of stone blocks.

I suggest using "do forever" on your stonecutting bill. The stone you get from one chunk is a lot less than one stack (75), so the stone blocks will take up less space, and they're actually useful. If you have too many, sculpt them, build with them, sell them, whatever. The stone chunks would've taken even more space.
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

Chibiabos

"Take to best stockpile" doesn't work well, either.  I noticed this on my butchery table, I had it set to 'take to best stockpile' and I had a stockpile in my freezer that accepted meat, but the cook would just drop it on the floor in the kitchen every time. :/
Proud supporter of Rimworld since α7 (October 2014)!

ItchyFlea

This popped up during A8 testing: https://ludeon.com/mantis/view.php?id=1357

Since this is apparently by design, I went ahead and made a minor mod that fixes it by adding the recipes to the stonecutting table in such a way that allows you to use the 'Do until you have X' feature: Stonecutting Tweak v1.0
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Cimanyd

Quote from: Chibiabos on December 14, 2014, 02:44:07 PM
"Take to best stockpile" doesn't work well, either.  I noticed this on my butchery table, I had it set to 'take to best stockpile' and I had a stockpile in my freezer that accepted meat, but the cook would just drop it on the floor in the kitchen every time. :/

Butchering makes meat and leather, and a colonist can't haul both, so it doesn't do either. Just make sure you have some colonists hauling, prioritize it manually, or just put a butcher table in the freezer.
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

mbos14

Quote from: Chibiabos on December 14, 2014, 02:44:07 PM

i have the same thing but the cook just is not a hauler so they dont do it if they dont want to or cant haul it.

Ford_Prefect

The take to best stockpile is brocken.   The butcher/Stonecutter never takes any of the finished products to a stockpile.

Tynan

Quote from: Ford_Prefect on December 14, 2014, 06:10:43 PM
The take to best stockpile is brocken.   The butcher/Stonecutter never takes any of the finished products to a stockpile.

I'm working on this.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

mbos14

Quote from: ItchyFlea on December 14, 2014, 03:16:42 PM
This popped up during A8 testing: https://ludeon.com/mantis/view.php?id=1357

Since this is apparently by design, I went ahead and made a minor mod that fixes it by adding the recipes to the stonecutting table in such a way that allows you to use the 'Do until you have X' feature: Stonecutting Tweak v1.0

Thanks im using it and it makes building so much easyer

soulkata

Quote from: Cimanyd on December 14, 2014, 02:19:05 PM
The game explains why you can't:

"(This recipe cannot have a target count because it has multiple or unpredictable products.)"

That applies to many of the benches. Tailoring, smithing, and sculpting use the new system with unfinished things, authors, and quality (though apparel doesn't have quality yet, but it will in A9). Butchering produces multiple, unpredictable products (many kinds of leather, many kinds of meat). Stonecutting produces different kinds of stone blocks.

In Butchering, I agree with you, but in Stonecutting is really anoying! The game should count the materials allowed... If I just selected "Slate" the game should stop when the "Slate" blocks matchs the desired ammount... If I allowed all stone types, the game should stop when the sum of all blocks matchs the desired ammount...

Ford_Prefect

Rock5

Seems like it should be simple really. If you set a table to make Steel or Wood items until you have 1000 then it stops when you have 1000 Steel or Wood items. If you want 500 Steel and 500 Wood items then you set up 2 bills, 1 to make 500 Wood and 1 to make 500 Steel. The Wood one stops when it reaches 500 Wood items and the Steel one stops when it reaches 500 Steel items. Maybe it's more complex than I make it seem. Well I'm happy to hear it's been worked on. It seems like most of the issues I have with Alpha 8 will be fixed fore 9. I'm really looking forward to 9 as I really get frustrated with 8 sometimes.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport