injured neutral

Started by tommonius, December 14, 2014, 09:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommonius

I found an injured tribeswomen from another village face down and dying, was thinking of saving her but my options seem to be only to capture and this will turn them against me.

Are their any other options for me? if I released her afterwards would I still be at war? Should I just spray her full of bullets instead of just letting her bleed out slowly???

woolfoma

Quote from: tommonius on December 14, 2014, 09:04:26 PM
I found an injured tribeswomen from another village face down and dying, was thinking of saving her but my options seem to be only to capture and this will turn them against me.

Are their any other options for me? if I released her afterwards would I still be at war? Should I just spray her full of bullets instead of just letting her bleed out slowly???
the only option is to let her die, unless there is 3-4 of them releasing them won't stop an all out war.
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...

It seems many of the Centipedes in the area have been driven insane.

Cimanyd

Don't forget, with releasing prisoners, factions aren't permanently hostile anymore. Releasing her won't make them friendly again, but releasing the few survivors of their future foolish attacks will.
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

tommonius

Quote from: Cimanyd on December 14, 2014, 09:40:47 PM
Don't forget, with releasing prisoners, factions aren't permanently hostile anymore. Releasing her won't make them friendly again, but releasing the few survivors of their future foolish attacks will.

I see so if she was to have say decent stats it would be totally fine to imprison her, heal her and brainwas- convert her to my side and kill all her friends who selfishly left her to die but attacked me when I tried to help her and I magnanimously let a few severely wounded and useless bullet riddled cripples go and I an then back to neutral?

Bloody sweet!  ;D

Cimanyd

Exactly! :P

Of course, I'm always nice enough to patch up the survivors with herbal medicine, and let them rest in my comfortable prison for a few days until they're healed.

I'd harvest a lung and kidney from them before letting them go, but my colonists complain about it. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted (A7).
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

tommonius

Quote from: Cimanyd on December 15, 2014, 03:23:15 PM
Exactly! :P

Of course, I'm always nice enough to patch up the survivors with herbal medicine, and let them rest in my comfortable prison for a few days until they're healed.

I'd harvest a lung and kidney from them before letting them go, but my colonists complain about it. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted (A7).

Everyone who passes my medical bay and is non essential donates a few organs to my stoclpile for the "greater good". Those who get angsty over it take a trip to the jail until the warden feeds and coaxes them back to happiness and then I release them, as they are my colonists they do not need to be re-convinced to join my colony.

Also on topic the neutral I saved had a Pessimist trait and another one that also reduced insanity threshold, furthermore a female psychic drone wave happened no less than 3 times as of me making this thread last night so I finally swiped a few organs and sold her and replaced her with a chief with a whopping 13 in melee and shooting (my new enforcer)

I also sold an ex raider who attacked me, he had decent stats but in the attack he got headshotted and was moving around slowly and did everything crappy, he went also when the "harvested organs" debuff pushed him over the edge.

All I need is a good crafter to get these damn clothes ready for winter and I am sorted.

litlbear

we really need the option to rescue
yes

Rhadamant

Quote from: litlbear on December 15, 2014, 05:45:47 PM

I agree, providing it is a requirement to release them when they're healthy. Rescuing only to keep them could be a problem as you could just either trap them by locking doors, calling in two different groups to help you that hate each other that'll cause some of them to need rescuing or many other exploitative ways in order to bolster your ranks.

Haplo

Right now my Miscellaneous mod has medical beds for downed visitors.
The visitors may even be generous that you helped them.
Only the usage is a bit difficult to find out as I am told..

Wex

The usage is intuitive. Click on one of your colonists, then right click the visitor's bed.
A contestual menu will appear if many friendlies are down.

-off topc-
Also, in Miscellaneous there are traders who come by foot. Tynan was looking for something like that.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

Haplo

I could make it so, that you can click on the downed visitor and the float menu appears.
But that would require a change to the Pawn code, what I'm really hesitant to do.. Making changes to pawns and let them be compatible are.. not easy.
So for now that is the best I came up with. As long as you find it ok as it is, that's enough for now :)

Hmm, didn't know Tynan was looking for these traders..
The traders are actually my first try at the GraphMaker and State code. I find it to be acceptable for that, even if there still are a few bugs in it. But with time it may grow to be a bit better :)
And the pain mrofa had to endure to change the tents again and again until I liked them enough.
He should get a medal for the pain of working with me ;D

KugelBlitz

Yes this should be an option in future patches. I just hate watching them die slowly. Maybe it could say "rescue" and take them to a med bay. Then once healed it could improve good will between colonies!

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: Rhadamant on December 15, 2014, 05:50:59 PM
Quote from: litlbear on December 15, 2014, 05:45:47 PM

I agree, providing it is a requirement to release them when they're healthy. Rescuing only to keep them could be a problem as you could just either trap them by locking doors, calling in two different groups to help you that hate each other that'll cause some of them to need rescuing or many other exploitative ways in order to bolster your ranks.
I was thinking the same thing but you help them out, heal them up, and when they are fully healed they just walk out and maybe a bonus mood multiplier for your colonists so no exploits if you have to rescue them and if you harvest organs then they go to war
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Idlemind79

As a new player I totally agree on the rescue idea as an option.. it makes sense, they are free to go after they are fixed up and you get a faction bonus. Your warden could even still try to convert them at no penalty, you just wouldn't get a faction bonus.  Nice option for the more benevolent players.