What do you want in alpha 9/10?

Started by Quasarrgames, December 19, 2014, 04:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lochar

After playing again for awhile since last 2 updates, this is what I would like to see..

1. Rescue option for NPC, don't like that I either capture them losing faction or letting them die.
2. Auto lights - when trying to conserve some measly power, would like inactive things like lights and possibly other stuff to shutdown and not drain so much power.
3. Superimpose ranges - like leaving trade beacon range up while I am building a stockpile, or walls for my turret ranges.
4. Wear and tear on clothing - need a reason to  make clothes other than 1 item every so often.
5. more ways to be self sufficient - like making meds, my own weapons, etc. If I can research a spaceship I should be able to figure out how to make more than melee weapons.
6. More door options -  have had NPCs walk into my cells and fight prisoners, would like to bar certain areas to some
7. Giving prisoners exercise option or way to counter neg mods by being inside all the time.
8. Possible hauling methods - I get more mental breaks just because traversing map to pick up some ore and back takes ages.
9. More artificial limb options like just hands or feet
10. This should be more at top but REPLACING walls, would be easier than micromanaging mining,building back wall with what you want.

I know that's a lot but would like to see some if not all going forward, and if not next update then down the line.

fraz

As others have mentioned, I think a water system would be very interesting. There are numerous potential applications, but the core features I would love to see include the following:

• Basic water collection and distribution infrastructure. Rain collectors, pumps (for pulling water out of lakes etc.), and pipes. Water heaters might also be required to maintain a functioning water network in below-freezing temperatures.
  • Hydration. Colonists require water. They can drink from naturally occurring water sources (e.g., lakes, ponds) or from fountains/spigots constructed as part of your water network. There could be a risk of illness associated with unclean water (e.g., from marshy ponds), whereas rain water or purified water (via a water purification structure) would be safe. A clean water supply is one of the most significant real-world challenges in maintaining a healthy population.
  • Farming. Crops require water. Outdoor crops in regions with at least moderate rainfall would generally receive plenty of water from the sky. Sprinklers could be constructed as part of your water network to provide water in drier climates or during times of drought. Hydroponics bays provide continuous hydration. I believe the farming system in the game would greatly benefit from stronger differentiation between indoor and outdoor farming, which rain/hydration considerations would provide.
  • Firefighting. The effectiveness of "beating the fire to death" would be significantly decreased, though still available as a last resort. If a nearby water source is available, colonists would instead carry buckets of water to combat the fire much more effectively. Perhaps sprinklers (mentioned above) could also function for emergency fire suppression. Perhaps we could even have a "fire hydrant" type structure, from which colonists could blast streams of pressurized water for rapid fire control.

Tiolas

Bar/Saloon system.
Allows faction visitors to request entry, even stay for a time. Meals/alcohol supplied. Taking in drifters for a period of time could be a nice distraction from they day to day events of the colony.

Definitely need some 'entertainment' activities of some sort too.
-Shooting range
-Card table
-Radio broadcasting
-Colony events (ability to celebrate birthdays), feasts etc.
-Diplomatic ambassadors and visit (assassination attempts from rival factions also possible)

killerx243

Using batteries to combat the effects of a solar flare. I don't even use them at the moment as I prefer to use enough generators to not run completely out of juice or at the very least keep core systems active.

Kelian

Fleshed out art. Hire that artist to make Rim World unique and the gritty firefly sci-fi it's supposed to be!

Ranged weapons crafting.

Armor crafting/ More armor variety.

Higher focus on faction relationships/diplomacy.

All around more content and variety.

Ability to heal characters wounded on the field without capturing them and pissing off the owning faction. Maybe get goodwill bonus for providing field triage. I feel bad for the survivors and tribes people I make friends with after they get incapped or put in shock from gunfire. Just have to watch them bleed out. I wish I could heal them.

Goo Poni

thefinn

1. Proper Tech tree.
2. Job Priorities based upon jobs in the game - so modders can add a crafting table and it gets its' own individual job - keep "crafting" however as a main header that everything can fall under unless specified.

Just to clarify - you start the game and have "crafting"... you research stone cutting, then you can - if you want - to add stone cutting as its' own separate priority.

Any crafting table should automatically be able to add its' job - thus mods where you have something that's a serious priority or something that needs doing NOW without you babysitting can get done.

3. Food priorities - emergency meal packs should be for like.. Oh idk.. emergencies ? So people aren't avoiding everything in front of them to run across the map just to eat one.

zackiz

Quote from: thefinn on December 21, 2014, 08:18:01 AM
3. Food priorities - emergency meal packs should be for like.. Oh idk.. emergencies ? So people aren't avoiding everything in front of them to run across the map just to eat one.

This one, soooo much!

Wex

Hunters not shooting in the backs of each other.
Also, defenders of the colony.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

Dr. Z

I would like to see water as a resource as big Alpha 9 feature and already existing game features improoved, like making hunters usefull (I never use hunting order) and factions system (rescuing friendlys should not piss them off).
Prasie the Squirrel!

litlbear

yes

MelanisticAlbino

1. Additional ways of generating power.

2. Fog Of War. Imagine it's raining heavily... There's a thick fog and you can't see outside of your lit up colony. Cosy. Me likely.

3. Reworked Tech Tree. I think the layout needs an overhaul.

4. If Fog Of War was added, I'd love for some silent events to happen... for example sneak attacks (so no pop-up that alerts you of enemy presence) in the night when it's foggy... or lone assassins. Something that makes the night and foggy scary.

StealthHunterX

Please. The Ability to attack or raid enemies. Users could potentially submit bases for the default enemy bases, And colonists could risk being killed, but they have a great reward.
Pirates bring silver, gold, and other exotic items,
Tribals bring food, wood, and clothing
Outlander towns bring metal, weapons ect

This could use more work and i hope others pile on suggestions.

clockieboxer

* Relationships for sure - friendships, ability to marry and have kids, enemies

* More animals would be cool (space animals, mutants, extict animals)

* Visual indicator for temperature of room (white glow for cold ones, red for those that are hot)

* Some way to mine steel without leaving the compound (quarry, energy -> steel convertor)

* Walls with shooting holes for defences or masked sniper's nests

* Ability to domesticate and breed animals

Teovald

I would like to see improvements in some areas of the game : 
-Task ownership does not work in some cases, for example when fighting a fire. It is extremely stupid to see your colonist leaving fire cells alone (so they will burn and spread) and go back to sleep because some other colonists on the other end of the map has claimed these tasks. 
-combat : that's a big one. while the rest of the game is dedicated to indirect control, here your colonist becomes pawns. I am not sure I am convinced by that approach. It feels too different from the rest of the game. Also, while auto targeting works well for ranged fighters, it is a pain for melee ones. The most common cause of death in my colonies is when I forgot about a melee fighter for 5 seconds during a battle and a raider (that would be an easy prey) shoots him/her from 2 squares away.  Even if I ignore that part, combat feels very rough and it could use more meaningful development choices (moveable cover, traps, guard towers, ....).
-trading : introduction of trade caravans, removal of the necessity to have your tradable goods around a trade beacon.
-more varied threats. IMO, exponential waves of ennemies is an extremely boring way to lose your colony. I would like to see more DFesque situations (floodings, diseases, wave of depressions, ....).