What do you want in alpha 9/10?

Started by Quasarrgames, December 19, 2014, 04:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noobshock

Quote from: Seafort on January 01, 2015, 07:15:33 AM
The ability to upgrade existing walls, floors and doors i.e. from wood to stone to metal. So you don't have to replace the wall and rebuilt it again.

omg yes. wall upgrades so tedious atm.

Oxidus

Quote from: GiantCookieEater on December 20, 2014, 03:19:36 AM
What i want is 2 clans to have like 10 to 15 guys each just go all out, like a war basically, and your caught in the middle of it.
LOL IT HAPPENED TO ME IN A8.I was just doing my work and friendly tribemen visited me.Then some fishermen with guns visited me and i am friendly with both.But thing is they hate  each other.So they were shootouting at my place and i just waited like a crow to get my reward.Free Corpses or new recruits.
Requiescat in Pace,Mio Fello.

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: Oxidus on January 02, 2015, 05:45:54 AM
Quote from: GiantCookieEater on December 20, 2014, 03:19:36 AM
What i want is 2 clans to have like 10 to 15 guys each just go all out, like a war basically, and your caught in the middle of it.
LOL IT HAPPENED TO ME IN A8.I was just doing my work and friendly tribemen visited me.Then some fishermen with guns visited me and i am friendly with both.But thing is they hate  each other.So they were shootouting at my place and i just waited like a crow to get my reward.Free Corpses or new recruits.

LOL i play on randy random on extreme. i had mechinoids and 2 groups who like me but hate each other just go on an all out brawl. I put my colony on full lock down no one goes in no one comes out. The mechs had 4 centipedes and like 6 sythers the other 2 colonies had like 25+ troops, one pawn survived it was brutal. As i was looking through the wreckage. The pawn had all bionic parts and had a shooting accuracy of 99.89 and he was equipped with a mini gun B)
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

amul

A "Jobs" tab in the overview, which shows all the tasks that colonists have been told to do.

Frannck

Make the research more decisive and not as easy as now. Maybe make categories to unlock other technologies, like farming, technology and so on. So in the beginning of the game you will need to decide what do you need first the most in order to survive.

Mechanoid Hivemind

it be kinda cool to see like different tech trees like 1 for tribal approach or like a pirate approach or something like that and you get different tech from it
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

FridayBiology

Quote from: GiantCookieEater on January 02, 2015, 09:54:56 PM
it be kinda cool to see like different tech trees like 1 for tribal approach or like a pirate approach or something like that and you get different tech from it

Maybe additional starting options?
Equipment and tech skills available dependent on your ship type?
> Neo-Religious types, founding a colony without the evils of "#", maybe no-one "#" because they're against "#" (#=cleaning/violence/gender/alien space bats/harming plants ...etc)
> PetroChemists, wouldn't know how to mine (labour) though could use blasting charges and advanced machining.
> Corporate Ship, company owned vessel and crew, while traders may transport passagers for extra income, a corporate ship would have a set crew and purpose. (just bad luck that they've crash landed?)
> Food trader, agriculture skills such as settlers, herbalists and growers? bulk food items and tech
> Weapons trader = weapons etc...
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

Anduin1357

Factions who would come into the map and make an outpost to defend you/ siege you with mortar and waves of enemies.
A Youtuber going on randy and 5 mins in encounters this.^ In a bad way.
scaling by how many starting peeps, how much starting resources and the rate at which said outpost-colony grows which in turn increase the attack and siege weapons.
Friendlies defend you and counter-siege enemy outpost(s)

putsam

?maybe this will be a feature when this new colony generation feature plays out

Anduin1357

Quote from: putsam on January 03, 2015, 10:41:00 PM
?maybe this will be a feature when this new colony generation feature plays out
Who cares about colony generation?
All you need to do is build upon the existing siege incident!

Lostfighter01

Add a whole new line of research labeled disaster protection and have these as researchables...
-Shielded conduits (protects against solar flares)
-Farm Spray (prevents blight, requires a dispenser perhaps for growers to use)
-Psychic helmets (craftable item that protects again psychic attacks, takes up hearwear space)

Other things would be to.. see diseases such as rabies and that animals with rabies shouldn't be eaten. MOAR cyber enemies  ;D

csducks

More research options, non hostile ways to hire/recruiting new colonists.

Drones/robots that are given a single job. Drones would be first gen. Later research allows for robot construction and can have up to three tasks.

The ability to explore the planet your on. Maybe instead of a space ship you can opt to build a collection of structures to denote that your here to stay.

Water, hygiene and toilets (you ate the rabid boom rat, now your bowels are exploding. Hope you got a magazine.)

A school room so that you can train colonists in a secondary job.

Children, relationships. Pets.

Moral boosting entertainment options. Libraries, movie nights and alcohol.... Hemp... For clothing.... Totally for clothing

csducks

Flashlights/lanterns. Ability to make armor with lights built in.

Night owl as a trait (day night cycle is reversed) would make great for hauling and cleaning while rest of colony sleeps

Johnny Masters

Some are my own, some I'll repeat from others those i really like. Some are already in mods, but it's what I'd like to see in vanilla

- More complex tech tree. Starting from scratch and advancing through "ages". Of course, more granular than actual "ages" (such as in age of empires), but more like research fields.

- Less people on the world. It's like you barely get to play stranded before a crapfull of people start showing up like its a free booze party. That is, a slower build-up, man vs nature, feeling lonely, harder start.

- No more pawn-integrated omni-tool that does everything fast or instantly. That is: specialized tools for each job.

-  Since we'd be needing tools for each job, we would be needing extra slots, that could be used for extra weapons, extra hauling, tools or food.

- We'd also need some sort of "loadout" save button. So you could equip your pawn with some stuff and save that, so next time you need that exact same inventory, you'd just have to press a button and he would drop stuff in the ground and pick what's on the loadout. Think stuff like a loadout for pacific times and for war times, for mining or building. Loadout A could be a 'siege-breaker' package: a sniper, a sidepistol, food and perhaps a bedroll or a medpack/drugs, a helmet and a flak jacket. Loadout B could be just a single farm-tool, regular clothes and a sidepistol, since having free slots and less armor means more work efficiency and speed.

- Flashlights/lanterns, yep never thought about that but seems awesome! Imagine that with pitch black darkness or eclipse events.

- Yep, water and hygiene. Toilets and showers, wells and water pumps.

- This could be a bit too much or mod material, but since we have so much clothes laying around and its easy to over-produce/obtain them, we could get some sort of wear & tear system (they damage and get dirty) and some personal container (closet) to store clothes that with some clicks could randomly change your pawns clothes. A "omg i have so many shoes available" mood buff?

- Pawn humanization: A catch-all to improve how human our pawns are perceived. This include other reality bits (like hygiene), but means mostly stuff that people do on real life, such as, but not limited to: Socialization, resting (stop working to have a sit or actively seeking a friend to talk to, having fun (gambling, games, reading, etc), having FUN (sex), establishing relationships and yep, i'm joining the "rimworld should have children" train.

- Drugs. Including beverages and psychotropics. This could open a range of options, from opening a rimworld saloon, to have your siege-breaker sniper use some combat stimulants to stay awake and precise. Also hem- i mean, sandwiches, lots of sandwiches to share with your friends around a campfire.

- mimim kids dying, mimimi drugs = you already can knockout, imprison, harvest the organs and EAT a friendly pawn (visitor or your own). This game is already raw. Better go fullstyle already.
Also:  sex = worse than violence =  really? Let's not even. Share the love.

- With so much more stuff to do, or with larger maps, the way time is handled should have a small fixing, and days/hours should last a little longer. So strolling 4 houses doesn't take 4 hours.

- Robots and vehicles. Although how they should be implemented is the subject of much discussion.

- Non 'orbital-beacon-dependant' trade. So you can trade with locals without one.

csducks

Sandwiches for erryone.

I'd love to see an underwater biome with stuff to make kelp farms, underwater
domes and the like.

Maybe an asteroid biome as well. Use that for an endless wave mini game at the start of the game prior to the crash on the planet.

More ways to farm, green houses let you grow nearly anything year round.

And maybe levels underground. 0 is the surface and it goes from +10 to -10 for height.