What do you want in alpha 9/10?

Started by Quasarrgames, December 19, 2014, 04:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wileama

1) Vents. Something simple that functions as a wall, but moves air freely between both sides for a small power cost. Also the ability to then seal/shutter that vent.
2) Larger Heaters, and Coolers for larger bases
3) temptaure map, so I can see we're I'm losing all my hot/cold air
3) Animal husbandry
4) The talk about more diplomacy/tading on the planet + narative. That would be a lot of fun.

heroboy1010

I reckon i good part of the game is after the end building a ship you can take rescourses with you to other planets or attack factions from above a starbound scenoirio if you get it

BinaryBlackhole

heat zones outside heats spreads outside warming slightly temperature constantly goes down this would allow areas of green and slightly warm or cool the areas outside buildings.

Body heat  people genarate heat meaning that by staying in one room the teamprature will increaset to a more comftarble level.

Menuhin

1. The ability to restrict work benches/stations to particular colonists.
2. The ability to restrict stockpiles for hauling and taking resources to particular colonists.
3. A rework to the current hauling AI.

Those are my 3 biggest things I would like to see done in future versions.  Of course there are lots of other things I'd like to see eventually.  Like animal husbandry, different heating and cooling options, rework to trading options, and whatever else Tynan can come up with.  But those I feel affect game play the most atm.

rbos

Here's a few ideas..

* specify "action groups"; select a group, assign them to a hotkey, tell them to focus fire or go to a location. Also telling all your selected persons to fire at one target would be nice instead of having to do it individually.
* togglable display layers. A layer for power grid, a layer for water pipes, a layer for temperature map
* Temperature should be better handled. Just thinking out loud, every material should have a thermal mass, related or not to its actual mass, which changes the propagation of temperature. It might be implemented as an offset of the temperature from a thermal map that gets modified whenever the terrain changes. Consider three tiles next to each other with a thermal mass of 0, 10, 10, 0 (say, air, wall, wall, air), a temperatures of 0, x, x, 21 (outside, wall, wall, inside). The "heat map" would be an overlay of offsets from the global outside temperature, constrained by a gradient of the thermal mass, so higher thermal masses have a higher gradient. So you might end up with a thermal map of 0, 5, 10, 0, wall temperatures of 5 and 10, with a resultant heating need of 11 degrees for the inside. Then, if you then change the outside temperature to 1, nothing needs to be recalculated, wall temps change to 6 and 11, and the inside only needs 10 heating to reach 21. If you use a wall with a better thermal mass, 0, 20, 20, 0, the gradient in the wall changes to 0, 20, 21, 0; the resultant heating needed in the room would be zero.  The base thermal mass of, say, rock, would be something like 2, giving you room temperature 10 blocks into the hill. Probably it would cap at the ambient temperature of the biome; a tundra area would be -1 deep inside the mountain, a jungle area might be 10 or even 20.  Anyway. That got away from me a little. It's probably not practical.
* I really like the idea of needing to manage water supplies as well.

rbos

Gates. Gates that are treated the same as walls - impassable unless opened - and can be closed on short notice. Maybe it takes ten or twenty seconds to close a gate in a wall, but after that, enemies treat it like a wall.

Kind of tired of having to open up holes in walls for colonists and then having to scramble to close them again during an invasion.

Edit: Maybe colonists have to close the gates; maybe powered gates are researched and are expensive.

amul

Hotkeys for everything!

The ability to expand our map territory.

Backpacks, wheelbarrows, ATVs for greater carrying capacity and movement.

The ability to trade with other communities.

Perhaps farther in the future, a terrain editor that would allow users to create maps and submit their maps as ghost towns others could land in (I refer to this as Massively SinglePlayer), and a central mod server that allows you to browse and install mods (and these maps).

Even more long term, I'd like to see some sort of government/society development, where we can choose to become cannibals, organ bootleggers or slave traders. On the flip side, hospitality options like choosing to heal visiting neighbors, or set up a tavern where they can BUY our meals.

Wulfik

I would like to see some options to add/remove traits of colonists in midgame. I mean your colony have some ideology e.g. you allow cannibalism right ? So others should accept this or you can make something scary to make them work harder or move faster or decrease their mood etc. etc.

DrakePork

Trade stuff with the AI Colonies, and that you can configure when you start the game how often the trade ships[slave/bulk/exotic] comes.

unifex

I haven't read the full thread just yet and some of this has been mentioned elsewhere, but off the top of my head here's my list of ramblings (mostly mod related wishlist items):

* Ability to hook into the WorldGenerator_Grid.BiomeFrom() code or similar to support new biomes and world generation
* Ability to hook into the MapGenerator.GenerateContentsIntoCurrentMap() code to support new scatterables and things like the geyser
* Event hooks we can attach listeners to in the mods i.e. GameInitialized, GameStarted, ColonistDied(thing), BuildingComplete(thing), LightningStruck(vec3) etc.
* Support for multiple animation frames for Things/Pawns (I guess this is possible at the moment via modding, maybe not such a big one)
* Faction-to-faction standings
* Support images with an alpha component for monsters (buildings can be done, but I'm not sure on Pawns, I couldn't find a way)
* Control of the day/night lighting. This might already be doable, but I couldn't work out how to change the sky colours as part of a MapCondition e.g. I wanted to apply say a 25% dark or blue layer on the current outdoor lighting.
* Would perhaps like an Enabled property in some XML definitions, so modders can disable something instead of overriding it with the bare minimum XML e.g. I'd like to disable the nutrient paste dispenser somehow w/o breaking any dependencies on it. Or disable certain research items etc.
* A mannable vehicle class (this might be doable to some extent atm with mannable turrets, but I think it'd have to be an engine addition to allow movement, and selecting a driver for the personnel carrier versus passengers on the turrets etc). Ability for factions to bring their latest vehicles when raiding (be they horses, mechs or titans).
* Its possible now to add support for context menus on items e.g. the neurotrainer. I wonder if it could be made easier in the XML to add these similar to Comps, and a c# class that takes the Pawn using it and the item Thing as arguments. Cross-cutting "Actions" sort of that might be applied to multiple Things. Maybe overthinking it.
* Pregnancy and offspring
* Item requirements e.g. some guns might need Shooting 12 to use/or suffer a large penalty, or some technology needs a skilled Researcher with a background in Melee. Guess this is doable atm in mods.
* Some support to (temporarily) transfer the colonist Pawns to a new map i.e. for various events or perhaps exploration type activities, like your colonists spend some time investigating a local deep fissure and then must beat the silicon troll guarding the loot, or abandoned outposts you have to hack to get new technology, or (new, harder) World 2.0 once you've built spaceship #1
* Fluid mechanics
* Multiple z-levels - left the easier ones till last :)

Ksera

This is probablysuggested d or confirmed already but I'll throw in my vote for:

Backpack, carts, whealbarrows, horses.... anything that allows colonists to not have to walk all the way across the map for something and return just for food. And increase carrying capacity.

Idlemind79

Gunfight Improvements
1.  Engagement
2. Check  fire

1. I can hunt animals but I have to micromanage to attack hostiles? I get the micromanagement is good and welcome in tactical combat but when they are fleeing or you are just going full bore, there should be another command (i.e. "assault" or "Engage", or hell just "hunt" :) ) that has your selected person / people engage the target with whatever weapon and automatically move up if the target gets out of range or behind cover (exactly like hunting). This is mostly a hassle trying to take out fleeing hostiles.

2. Sometimes my worst enemy is other colonists! Maybe add a command to force fire, but otherwise they should check the cone of fire for friendlies before firing - and especially when hunting.. so many hunting accidents! Also possibly prevent / toggle hunting in the "home zone".

Edit: Where I can I read up on what's confirmed for Alpha 9? I saw in another post Tynan said natural uranium is in.. a search for "Alpha 9" doesn't seem to turn up anything official.

Kinakin

Id like to see tiles change. Like soil tiles change their fertility based on how much they are farmed.

Floors getting worn based on use & material (how often its walked on or weather maybe?)

While not something relevant for all tiles it would make farming more challeging in regards to long term colonies. Also upgradeing floors as you become able to manufacture more complex materials becomes more important.

wileama

one more thing I thought of: A Roomba for my colonists

Seafort

The ability to upgrade existing walls, floors and doors i.e. from wood to stone to metal. So you don't have to replace the wall and rebuilt it again.

I'd like more defensive measures like traps, land mines, moats and machine gun, tesla, rocket nests for the more well armed raiders.

Introduce predatory animals so there is more a circle of life aspect to the world. Could affect the amount of animals available to hunt if they are over hunted by you or other animals.

Not sure how it would impact performance but add bigger maps so there is a territorial situation with other tribes people on the same map.

Add procreation to the game. Those double beds are getting no use whatsoever :P This would add babies and kids to the equation so they would grow up and take over the colony if/when you die.
It would also tie into the relationship suggestion that some others have mentioned above me.

Thought of something else

I'd love a command to queue up jobs. Say hold down shift and click on cut down tree then hunt rabbit then mine metal. So the colonists do the tasks one after each other.