[A10] Mining&Co.: Mobile mineral sonar MkIII (V10.0, 29-04-2015)

Started by Rikiki, December 19, 2014, 05:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rikiki

Mining&Co.: Mobile mineral sonar Mark III

Surface resources are becoming scarce ? Wandering the plains is too dangerous for you ? Then Mining & Co. has THE solution for YOU!

Mining & Co. is proud to present you the Mobile mineral sonar Mark III, one of the jewel of our mining systems collection. Thanks to our revolutionary MiSoTechTM, jointly designed and tested by our highly experienced teams of engineers and deep-space miners, the Mobile mineral sonar Mark III is an essential asset for every miner.

Features

• Scans the heart of big mountains for metallic objects.
    • Can be dismantled when the scan is finished. You only need to provide charged energy packs.
    • Battery-powered: the optional connection with a power net will boost scan speed.

Showroom

Mobile mineral sonar Mark III:

Electronic workbench with its manufactured resources (energy packs are found in the architect power tab):

Clients recommendations

The Mobile mineral sonar Mark III is warmly recommended from our clients:
    "Now that I've got the taste of it, I cannot do without my pretty DeepLily. To me, she's more precious than my b*lls! Hey, you! Get your hands off, you're going to scratch her body!", Todd the Tough, deep-space miner.

Technical support

Mining & Co. is continuously trying to improving its product to raise its customers satisfaction.
    Please leave us our feedback. Balancing cannot be done without you, loyal customer!

Changelog

[/list]
    V4.0
    * Alpha 8 initial release.
    * Greatly simplified the techtree to fasten access to the Mobile mineral sonar.
    * Previous version and topic: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=5930.0

V9.0
    * Alpha 9 update (decided to change the version number to reflect the current Alpha).

V10.0
    * Alpha 10 update.
    * MMS now detect uranium as well.

Compatibility notes

For mods combination purpose, this mod is split in 2 parts.
    You need to activate both mods in this order:
    - M&Co. Common
    - M&Co. MMS

Credits
    RawCode for his help with the Alpha 8 dynamic recipe adding (System.Reflection).
    JabbaMonkey for his energy pack and mineral sonar module textures.

Modders note

You may be interrested in the following features:

• Recipes at Electronic workbenches become available according to researches
    • Placement restricter
    • Draw dynamic textures and over fog

License

You are free to get inspiration from this little work and include it in any other mod/modpack. Just put a link to this thread so people can use it as a standalone version too.
    So this is basically licensed under http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/.

Note to modpacker: not that I don't want to help, but I have very little time to mod/play so I may not be very fast to answer integration questions.

Download

Starting a new world/colony is not required!
    M&Co.: Common V10.0
    M&Co.: Common V10.0 source => for modders

M&Co.: MMS V10.0
    M&Co.: MMS V10.0 source

konst

Thank you for this mod! It is a lot of fun, and the graphics of the electronics are so beautiful that I regret they don't have more uses (or I have not researched all of them yet)!

I was wondering if it is possible to make the sonar also locate empty spaces in the rock? It would be a great help in locating steam geysers as with the introduction of the temperature they make for one great heater for the mountain base. It would help a lot with planning rooms and corridors.
    Mu! Mu! Muuuu!

Rikiki

This is an interresting idea. :)
    I may consider this in the future but not right now. I have other mods to update first. :P

pktongrimworld

mbos14

is there any reason why the Electronic workbench keeps disapearing.
    *Nevermind it seems my virus scanner kept breakin te mob because it tought a part of the mod was unsafe

Demonlord091

This certainly seems like an interesting mod, but I do have one minor request.

Maybe I'm the only one here, but Sendspace and myself have never gotten along. Every file I've ever downloaded from there hasn't worked correctly.

This mod might be different but personally I'd rather not take the chance.

Would it be possible for you to upload this mod to another site as well? My personal preference would be the Nexus, but anything besides Sendspace and ModDB would be nice.

Clibanarius

Vingolf

I'm sorry, but how does the scanner give a solution preventing us from "wandering the plains and solving the problem with scarse resources" ?
    I suppose that was ment for DeepDrill mod, which you have successfully abondoned.

Evil o ViiRuS

Is there any chance of adding other download links i cant seem to download the mod from sendspace.

Rikiki

@Vingolf: mmh, I kept it in the sense it allows you to efficiently dig into near mountains for ore pockets. At least until late game, you are not forced to travel half the map to harvest visible ore pockets.
    But I might rewrite it... :)

About the Sendspace link... I had no problems of this kind for the past months... ??? It is maybe just due to the servers saturation during the holidays. I will wait for another week and if it still does not work, I will consider hosting my mods elsewhere. :)

@pktongrimworld: work in progress. They will! :D

Rikiki

QuoteUtherix: How do you deploy the sonar? I have an energy pack filled and the sonar in my stockpile, but I can't figure out how to do anything with them.
    1) The MMS is under the architect Misc button.
    2) Place it where you want (near a mountain? ::))
    3) You need 5 energy packs and 1 sonar module to build the MMS.

4) Once the MMS has finished scanning the area, you can deconstruct it to get back the sonar module. Energy packs are consumed based on the overall scan progress.

Utherix

Quote from: Rikiki on December 29, 2014, 03:37:00 AM
    QuoteUtherix: How do you deploy the sonar? I have an energy pack filled and the sonar in my stockpile, but I can't figure out how to do anything with them.
    1) The MMS is under the architect Misc button.
    2) Place it where you want (near a mountain? ::))
    3) You need 5 energy packs and 1 sonar module to build the MMS.

4) Once the MMS has finished scanning the area, you can deconstruct it to get back the sonar module. Energy packs are consumed based on the overall scan progress.
    Thanks.

Part of the problem was that I used "Prepare Carefully" mod to start with one, and theres no option to deploy it without the technology even though I had it and energy packs. Whoops.

Rikiki

Ah I see. :) I already thought about a system to spend points for researches available at start-up but this is quite complex.
    Anyway, you should be able to get your MMS really fast compared to Alpha 7 (only 550 total points). :)

Xubrim

I've been playing around with this mod lately and have to say it's really well done. I feel guilty for never even trying to build one of these in alpha 7 now, hah. Thanks for updating it. :)

I have to ask, though, why did you choose for energy packs to be produced that way? Just to see if it's possible? I don't mind either way, but it's unique enough to make me curious.

Rikiki

Quote from: Xubrim on December 31, 2014, 07:34:51 PM
    I've been playing around with this mod lately and have to say it's really well done. I feel guilty for never even trying to build one of these in alpha 7 now, hah. Thanks for updating it. :)

I have to ask, though, why did you choose for energy packs to be produced that way? Just to see if it's possible? I don't mind either way, but it's unique enough to make me curious.

Thanks for your support! :)

About the energy packs:
    1) I wanted to simplify the MMS production to allow the player to get it earlier in the game (in late game, you can afford to dig many parralel tunnels but I find it quite ugly :P).
    2) I try to make my mods as much plausible as possible and I think this way to charge up the energy pack is the best (the potatoes way was too much cartoon ;D).
    3) You normally don't have to produce too many of it so manually placing them should not be too painful... for now! ;)