To create a Space Marine

Started by TrashMan, December 21, 2014, 03:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrashMan

To all you experienced modders - how possible would it be to create the astartest implants.

I have tried today and what I can do seems very limited.
Thee are extra organs, they are not bionic and I don't know how to simulate what some of them do:

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Gene-Seed

Extra lung or heart is relatively simple.
But an organ that drastically reduces the need for sleep?
Enhanced regeneration/healing?
Immunity to vertigo?
Immunity to poison and desease?
Enhanced strength (thicker muscles, super-bones...should basically boost HP of all body parts..or at least of skin and bones. Natural armor)?
Super-memory (fast learning?)

Is it even possible?

Viperlol

It may not be possible, but its damn well worth the try.
Ave Emperor
When in doubt, rely on everyone else to fix up your .xml

Evul

My thought for project sky (dawn of the imperium) was to make a new pawn being the space marine and same for the dreadnought. But in turn make them controllable on sertain events but a rare one. Cause they are prity much steel and doom.

But with the medical system you could make a space marine from medical implants! But a huge suggestion make them lack any useful ability like crafting and building to balance them out :)

TrashMan

Or just have implants be redicolously expensive and difficult?

Would a Space Marine really suck at anything (being physically and mentally above a mortal) other than being social?

I should probably discuss this with the main dev (and by that I mean the modding possibility for organs)

James009

If your going to invest the time, resources, and effort into creating a badass space marine they might as well remain useful in all tasks (but the player should reduce their priority).
Lets Crashland Here Simulator!

TrashMan

Game start with a single Space Marine?

Run around crushing muffalos and punching trees with bare hands, while moving like a gepard at full sprint.
Do more in 1 day than 3 colonists can in 2.

Hm.... can a fear effect be added to items? I can't imagine a Space Marine with a chainsword being anything BUT terrifying.

Ded1

I sooo hope this happens.  Even if they arent quite as OP as the lore dictates (cause lets face it, they would be broken as F***), a single one should be as usefull as 3+ colonists.
Feel Good Modpack
Sorry but the pack isn't updated yet!

Just gonna be lurking the forums for a while.

JuliaEllie

Yeah maybe somebody is working on a WH40k mod including deep strike, different squads and canon weaponry/squad setups

Nopkar

I feel that undercutting space marines would do them an injustice. They are Steel clad terminators of the Imperium. Only one million astartes can exist at any one time amongst countless Trillions.

Is there any way to link a trait to bionics? Something like 'Gene-seeded', meaning they are from the original gene seed line. not just anyone can become an Astartes and making the flag rare would be a decent balance to their uber-ness. Also, could you increase the time a pawn is incapacitated after a surgery? specifically certain surgeries? my idea would be that the astartes implants incapacitate for much longer, making the pawn useless for long periods of time. an Astartes is a time and resource investment and should be treated as a long-term goal, not an 'I win' button for early game.

TrashMan

They are doom. They are steel. They are His Angels of Death.