[MOD] (Alpha 8) Central Heating (includes vents)

Started by carlgraves, December 22, 2014, 04:46:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSilencedScream

Would definitely like to see the return of vents. :)
Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

Keymaster89

Brainstorm time!
1. Geotermal Heat Distribution System (a.k.a. GHDS). it's a new version of geogen that produce less power compared to the standard one, but u could generate heat with/or electrical power... it could have the power of *insert-number-here* industrial heaters, resulting in more efficient heat and power generation. The power generation could be fixed but i think it will be cooler (hehehe heat joke ^^) if it will produce less power accordingly to the heat generation active or not, heat on-less power, heat off-fullpower.
2. Fridges. Simple, a 2x1 machine that will keep for a relatively low power cost couple stacks of food always under 0 C. They may have also an internal battery to fight little power shortage.
3. Termal conservative doors. i noticed that anytime i open my fridge room, the temp goes suddendly up 1-2 C... it is kinda annoying... A specific heat conserving door i think is in order...
4. Central Thermal Control. This is a really advanced machine. When active it use a fair amount of power, but can regulate all other machine that alter temperature, shutting them off automatically when not needed instead of make them go low power mode.
5. Open/close vents. The ability to simply shut the vents to prevent their funcion when not needed.
6. Termal excursion dampeners. Those act like batteries for heat, they equalize with the current temperature really slowly releasing heat, or absorbing it, while doing so.

shhfiftyfive

i only used this mod for the vents. i hope it can be patched without too much effort.

Monotonical

Turns out the only thing that breaks is the part that defines what rubble the industrial heater leaves behind when destroyed. So if you remove.. (or fix if you're not lazy like me)
    <killedLeavings>
      <ChunkSlag>2</ChunkSlag>
    </killedLeavings>
    <filthLeavings>
      <SlagRubble>8</SlagRubble>
    </filthLeavings>

..from the heater it works fine.

I'll attach my quick "fix", keep in mind the heater will no longer drop slag or rubble when destroyed if you use this and it wouldn't surprise me if I somehow managed to break something else in the process.

[attachment deleted due to age]

nielscorn

Rock5

Quote from: Monotonical on February 20, 2015, 03:21:17 AM
I'll attach my quick "fix", keep in mind the heater will no longer drop slag or rubble when destroyed if you use this and it wouldn't surprise me if I somehow managed to break something else in the process.
If it helps, I found those lines are usually replaced with something like
    <filthLeaving>RockRubble</filthLeaving>in the base def.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Rathael

Don't know if it affects anything, but I'm seeing this in the log:

Exception ticking IndustrialHeater267488: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'RimWorld.MoteMaker' from assembly 'RimWorld_CentralHeatingMod'.
  at CentralHeatingMod.Building_SuperHeater.TickRare () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickList.SingleTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Corran1327

Viper717

Quote from: Corran1327 on February 22, 2015, 09:58:54 PM
Has this  been Confirmed compatible with A9D

The version linked a few posts up from "Monotonical" i've tested and is working with A9.

Cheers

nielscorn

Seconding this, been working great so far on 2 colonies with +12 mods present, i just slapped it deadlast in the modorder and it seems to work just fine.

UA_Serpent

Hi guys, I've updated this mod to A9. Fixed this exception
Exception ticking IndustrialHeater267488: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'RimWorld.MoteMaker' from assembly 'RimWorld_CentralHeatingMod'.

try it.

[attachment deleted due to age]
With love from Ukraine.

DrKrieger

Famous Shoes

Quote from: UA_Serpent on February 23, 2015, 03:59:52 PM
Hi guys, I've updated this mod to A9. Fixed this exception [...]

I had a little time to just try out the vents with A9e, seemed to be equalizing well. Sorry I didn't have time for any other parts.

Rathael

Any possibility of getting the vents turned into a stuff-able Wall with Vent? Right now they act kinda weird. They break floor texture connection because they need a floor underneath them. They also break the room.. err.. separation? For example, if you place a prison and your hospital next to each other and then place a vent on the shared wall the hospital beds all become prison beds.