Turn OFF seiges?

Started by bullwinkle, December 23, 2014, 09:47:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bullwinkle

As the title says, is there a way to turn OFF seiges? I'm not a fan of them and would rather just be raided..

Innese

As far as I know there is no way to completely turn off sieges.

One thing you could do though is, using the developer menu, force a flee the moment you get the warning that they wish to besiege the colony :)

bullwinkle

Ah, yes, brilliant idea!! Thanks ;D

Listy

Quote from: Innese on December 23, 2014, 10:25:48 AM

One thing you could do though is, using the developer menu, force a flee the moment you get the warning that they wish to besiege the colony :)

Is there a similar fix for the Crashed ship part? Because when you have two pistols, a Lee Enfield, a short bow and a Knife, facing a crashed ship part is extracting the Urine a bit!

iame6162013

Quote from: Listy on December 23, 2014, 01:36:42 PM
Quote from: Innese on December 23, 2014, 10:25:48 AM

Is there a similar fix for the Crashed ship part? Because when you have two pistols, a Lee Enfield, a short bow and a Knife, facing a crashed ship part is extracting the Urine a bit!
you shouldn't get it when you're that early in the game though.
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

JonoRig

I get one around my 2nd to 4th raid

Halinder

Usually that early on it's quite easy to deal with, there should maybe be three mechanoids tops unless your challenge setting is really high. If you're in a mountain area, abuse cover to make it so that you can hide whenever the mechanoids aim. Their firing time is much slower than that of most weapons, so you can hide behind a rock wall and they won't be able to fire at you. Of course, they may try flanking you..

Listy

Quote from: Halinder on December 23, 2014, 01:42:22 PM
Usually that early on it's quite easy to deal with, there should maybe be three mechanoids tops unless your challenge setting is really high. If you're in a mountain area, abuse cover to make it so that you can hide whenever the mechanoids aim. Their firing time is much slower than that of most weapons, so you can hide behind a rock wall and they won't be able to fire at you. Of course, they may try flanking you..

One Centipede with an Inferno cannon and you're boned.

Shinzy

Quote from: Listy on December 23, 2014, 02:40:14 PM

you can herd those guys like cattle
if they've got inferno cannon just walk real close and shoot them in the face, they should try to retreat farther back to shoot

just don't let them in your potato field =P

Innese

If you get a ship part too early to deal with it, you can, instead of forcing a flee, using either Explosion or Destroy in the developer menu to get rid of it :)

Dive

btw I've been playing tribal challenge recently (no energy allowed, no weapons other than meele and tribal) and I managed to take down a ship part with only five archers :) It took a bit of time, I once had to fall down to heal up. Thankfully, there was only one centipede with inferno canon, if there were more I'd be screwed I think.
But so far the conclusion is that the micromanagement is key when fighting the ship part.

iame6162013

Quote from: Shinzy on December 23, 2014, 02:46:13 PM
Quote from: Listy on December 23, 2014, 02:40:14 PM

you can herd those guys like cattle
if they've got inferno cannon just walk real close and shoot them in the face, they should try to retreat farther back to shoot

just don't let them in your potato field =P
or stab them, that works quite nicely.
(i did it once, 2 days work....)
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

bullwinkle

Would still be nice to have the option to turn specific events off though

hopdevil

I hate sieges too.   That is why the coldest maps are now my favorite.  Once they start to freeze they will begin their assault.

Karn

You can disable sieges by editing Mods\Core\Defs\FactionDefs\BaseFactionDefs.xml file and setting all <canSiege> tags to false.