Animals.

Started by ImNatalie, December 24, 2014, 09:27:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

harpo99999

I also thought that the pic was from mad max 1 as the dog in the pic is a blue heeler (aussie cattle dog)

Sartain

It's not really a Boy and his Dog. I'd completely forgotten how A Boy and his Dog actually looked and substituted Fallout imagery for the real thing ::)
It WAS specifically mentioned as a Fallout inspiration, though  ;)

Johnny Masters

...A boy and his dog?
...Not a real picture?
...Might be from mad max?

rageon
WHAT THE FU***** F*** IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE, WHAT KIND OF MOCKERY IS THIS??

That's fucking  (Mad) Max "Roadwarrior" Rockatansky and his fucking awesome dog Dog (the Big Dog in the sky may have him) from the insanely awesome iconic Mad Max series that shaped whatever slightly post-apoc shit that might've come after 1975. Fallout is 50% mad max (the other half being Monty Python).

Geez, you people

rageoff

It's from the movie Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior... It heavily influenced Fallout and the post-apocalyptic genre. Dog saved Max but met his end at a raider's bolt. Fucking raiders

Johnny Masters

Really hope the brain glass is bulletproof  :o

GlassDeviant

About as much as the bone skull that was there previously, if not moreso.

Shinzy

No! it's Harrison ford from Loaded weapon, the one directed by Mel Brooks
the same Harrison who was Han Solo in star trek, you know han solo? alderaan shot first?

Coenmcj

Shinzy, by the gods... If this wasn't the Ludeon forums you might of just invoked the wrath of all the peoples.
Perhaps everyone could calm down and get back onto topic?.. The all seeing Google proclaims that that picture relates to Mad Max anyway
Never thought a picture of a man and his dog could invoke such anger.

Well... Ontopic, More diversification is always nice, especially in the critter area, the wolfsies from the Ice sheet mod really help with the mood of snowy wastes, and the muffalo herding from TTM (iirc) helped push some of my colonies more into the western vibe.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

200Down

Quote from: ImNatalie on December 24, 2014, 09:27:38 AM
Okay, so what if we added a second use for animals? I don't know about you, but I live a peaceful farming colony. I sell my potatoes for silver, and buy every bionic arm I find. I would like to tweak the purposes of animals.

A Colonist's best friend
Add wolves to the game. They will hunt the animals in the biome you live in.
Which then they become pests, they take away a food source if the pack is big enough.
If the pack of wolves is big enough and there is no more meat, the wolves get desperate. The wolves will start attacking the colony. However, you can incapacitate them. Then you can drag them in to a pin and tame them. Eventually, just like prisoners, they will join your colony in the form of a dog.
Then they boost happiness and they work as a defense against attackers. But with bullets come wounds, so maybe doggie armor?

Wolves are an excellent idea. Every thing about it sounds like it would fit in real well and there are enough variants of wolves to work in just about every climate. Accept maybe the really hot regions. May need a different predator for those regions. Would obviously need to have them require raw meat for feeding so their is some "cost" to keeping them.

But yea, predators in general would be really nice to see. Anything to help alleviate the monotony between events is a good thing in my book. The "creature went insane" event gets well overused and really old after awhile.

ImNatalie

Maybe instead of raw meat, the cooks can make dog food?
Perhaps the desert has big cats...?
Maybe rhinos can be pets instead of adding cats??

CodyRex123

I definity support having hunting animals, And with a mood buff from having them around is wonderful...
Talk about this being "INSPIRED" by DF....
Dragons!

Regret

More animal interactions would make me very happy.

ImNatalie

Quote from: CodyRex123 on March 01, 2015, 10:35:32 PM
I definity support having hunting animals, And with a mood buff from having them around is wonderful...
Talk about this being "INSPIRED" by DF....
Are you saying that I stole this idea?

ImNatalie

People these days, I swear.

Tobias

Quote from: Regret on March 04, 2015, 02:24:39 PM
More animal interactions would make me very happy.

+1