[1.3] Crash Landing (v14.01) (04-08-2021)

Started by Katavrik, January 04, 2015, 12:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katavrik

Quote from: drakemasta on September 09, 2016, 04:55:17 PM
i would like to see a bit of variety in the secondary crashes that occur after the main crash has finished

crash incidents

wreakage search (away from colony)
a ship is breaking up in re-entry and drops parts of it near your colony send some people to check the debris for usefull items. ->
rewards -> componets, animals, colonist or two, faction boost for rescue survivors.
hazards -> other debris looters follow you back, ship contained insect hive and they follow you back, mechs defend their crashed ship and kill one or multiple of the looters

would also like to see the different parts of the origional crash (animal pod, cryo pod, prisoner pod, etc.) be added to the trade goods pod occasional drop incident list.

The crash incident you suggest is complex enough to be a separate mod.

As for yor last sentence, about different parts in random incidents. I've already create xml templates in my mod, where any player can modify variety of crashing parts for any incident. They located in
"(Game foldier)\Mods\CrashLanding\Defs\CrashTemplateDefs\RandomCrashTemplates.xml"
Read the comments in this file for more info. There is also StartingCrashTemplate for the starting incident.

You can also look at
"(Game foldier)\Mods\CrashLanding\Defs\OptionDefs\CrashLanding_Options.xml"
for more mod customization.

MagicItalian

I am copying an issue a balance issue created by EPOE and Crashlanding here. I am sorry if there is a different place I should be posting this, but at least it is a start to hopefully changing what I be describing.

I have been using EPOE and Crashlanding on my Modded colonies, and over time I have seen  that Crashlanding occasionally spawns art galleries, which usually have sculptures made of vancidium. These sculptures can be deconstructed to yield a very large amount of vancidium (due to the x20 required for sculptures). This results what I assume is greatly unbalanced gameplay, as the vancidium is plundered for free and your colony wealth goes through the roof.

Unfortunately I do not have any proposition to stop this, except maybe allowing fewer vancidium sculptures to spawn. Thank you for your time!

Fafn1r

Quote from: MagicItalian2o2 on November 18, 2016, 10:45:15 PM
I am copying an issue a balance issue created by EPOE and Crashlanding here. I am sorry if there is a different place I should be posting this, but at least it is a start to hopefully changing what I be describing.

I have been using EPOE and Crashlanding on my Modded colonies, and over time I have seen  that Crashlanding occasionally spawns art galleries, which usually have sculptures made of vancidium. These sculptures can be deconstructed to yield a very large amount of vancidium (due to the x20 required for sculptures). This results what I assume is greatly unbalanced gameplay, as the vancidium is plundered for free and your colony wealth goes through the roof.

Unfortunately I do not have any proposition to stop this, except maybe allowing fewer vancidium sculptures to spawn. Thank you for your time!

This is not unbalanced. If your colony wealth goes through the roof, you will get attacked by more and better armed raiders. Sometimes it's better to drop a super expensive item outside your base, raiders will take it and leave. And pray you will not get attacked by infestation or mechanoids.

MagicItalian

I guess you are right. I just kinda wish there was a way of disabling the sculptures from spawning though, as it seems to happen with many art gallery crashes. Guess I better start building up my defenses then...

Headshotkill

I hope this gets updated soon, one of my favorites...

1 Kiwi

Yeah same, I wonder how well it will work out what with the new maps and traveling.
Dusty keyboard

Headshotkill

Who knows you will be able to investigate other crash sites near your own crashsite for more survivors/loot?
Would be cool to search one of those pocket maps littered with debris and deciding what to take.

Survivors of other crash sites might think you're raiders and attack you?

Katavrik

The mod will be updated during THIS year. Cant say anything more certain.

1 Kiwi

You have a week. I want to see this on my desk(top) no later.

Crazy to think that the year will be over in just 7 days though.
Dusty keyboard

SandyDorf

Thank you very much for this mod. I has felt weird landing gently in alpha 16 with no hives or mechanoids or wildfires out to kill me before my people even stop vomiting!

Didact04

Quote from: SandyDorf on December 24, 2016, 01:13:17 AM
Thank you very much for this mod. I has felt weird landing gently in alpha 16 with no hives or mechanoids or wildfires out to kill me before my people even stop vomiting!

Seconded. Landing quietly with a handful of gear just doesn't feel right. Crash Landing has become vital to my Rimworld gaming experience. Waiting with baited breath for that update!

notfood

My favorite mod. It's one of those I must always install. I'll be waiting patiently for A16 release.

Katavrik

Update mod for A16. There are no new content or features, just update. Some tweaks:
- All crashlanding events, like single part crash, can be used in scenarios and can be launched from dev mode.
- Mod`s Fuel puddle behave like vanila fuel puddle.

Headshotkill

I screamed when I saw this.