[1.3] Crash Landing (v14.01) (04-08-2021)

Started by Katavrik, January 04, 2015, 12:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

noahdaorkyboy

i think you should add radiation medicine. if been playing my game for 30 days and if they havent died, then the people who got radiation still wont heal.

Baguette

I'd get this mod but i'd be forever dreading the day that a spaceship part falls on my living quaters and kills all my colonists in their sleep
R.I.P all my saves that got permanently corrupted by mods
2015-2015

Katavrik

Mod has been updated to V 1.22 (18.01.2014)
- Learned about ExposeData. Save/load game should now work correctly. I hope.
- Russian localization added. Except scenario description.
- Radiation damage now slowly heals (about 3% per 5 days), instead of sudden disappearing after half year.
- Fixed a bug with possible dublication of starting crash event.

EDIT: Updated to V 1.23 (19.01.2014)
- Updated to use EdBScenarios 1.1.1.
- Russian localization for scenario descriptions added.

LittleMikey

Pathing

That (Hard) is not hard. It is impossible  :o
Most of times I got only incapacitated colonists, still, nice opening.
Steel is food. Steel is defense. Steel is weapon.
Steel is RimWorld.

Fluffi

Huh, is it just me or does radiation not kill my colonists anymore? At first I thought some mods were causing this, but even with just CrashLanding active, they go over 200% of radiation with no problems... am I doing something wrong? :p

Rikiki

Quote from: Fluffi on January 23, 2015, 09:24:48 AM
Huh, is it just me or does radiation not kill my colonists anymore? At first I thought some mods were causing this, but even with just CrashLanding active, they go over 200% of radiation with no problems... am I doing something wrong? :p

Congratulations! You are a fresh member of the "Childrens of the Atom"! ;D

Kadian

Quote from: Rikiki on January 23, 2015, 09:40:07 AM

Congratulations! You are a fresh member of the "Childrens of the Atom"! ;D

Give your bodies to Atom, my friends. Release yourself to his power, feel his Glow and be Divided. Come forth and drink the waters of the Glow, for this ship's reactor is our salvation, it is the very symbol of Atom's glory! Your suffering shall exist no longer; it shall be washed away in Atom's Glow, burned from you in the fire of his brilliance, and each of us shall give birth to a billion stars formed from the mass of our wretched and filthy bodies.

*cough cough*
I did find the problem though ; The RadiationDamageTypes.xml apparently had a small...problem? The Code in there pointed the Radiation to a workerClass, which apparently is either non-existent or faulty. I'm by no means an expert, but deleting said workerClass will do the trick, people will die from radiation at a 100% again.

Quote<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

<!--
   If healthDiffSkin or healthDiffSolid is not specified, then healthDiff is used.
-->

<DamageTypes>

<!-- Local injuries -->

<DamageTypeDef Name="GlobalInjuryBase" Abstract="True">
    <workerClass>DamageType_AddGlobalInjury</workerClass>
    <interruptJobs>false</interruptJobs>
    <hasForcefulImpact>false</hasForcefulImpact>
    <makesBlood>false</makesBlood>
  </DamageTypeDef>

<DamageTypeDef ParentName="GlobalInjuryBase">
    <workerClass>CrashLanding.DamageType_AddGlobalInjury_CrashLanding</workerClass>
    <defName>Radiation</defName>
    <label>radiation</label>
    <externalViolence>false</externalViolence>
    <deathMessage>{0} has died from radiation.</deathMessage>
    <healthDiff>Rad</healthDiff>
<!--    <makesBlood>false</makesBlood>
    <incapChanceMultiplier>0.5</incapChanceMultiplier>
    <interruptJobs>false</interruptJobs>
    <healthDiff>Rad</healthDiff>
    <healthDiffSkin>Rad</healthDiffSkin>
    <healthDiffSolid>Rad</healthDiffSolid>
    <harmAllLayersUntilOutside>true</harmAllLayersUntilOutside>
    <armorCategory>Electric</armorCategory> -->
  </DamageTypeDef>

</DamageTypes>

The thing in red has to go. Like I said, I'm definitely not a coder, so I can't guarantee that this change won't cause long-term bugs or something similar, i just compared radiation to blood loss, starvation and other non-local injuries and this did the trick.
For all I know, this workerClass could introduce long-term ailments or mutations to the radiated pawns, but I got my peopl to..i think over 700% radiation and they did fine - in fact, they started to starve to death while i waited for any visible effects of the radiation.

Fluffi

I see. There's another thing I've noticed though, however, this seems to be an incompatibility issue of some sort. Basically, the "Weapon cargo" crash doesn't spawn when I'm playing this with CyberneticStorm (I've tried it with various weaponpacks, such as Guns+, Rimfire, RimEffect, Liandri's Corp ect ect). As it worked fine before their 3.3 update, I'm assuming that it has something to do with their new weapons. Here's a shot of the error: or here as a link http://prntscr.com/5wa9iw

So anyone a guess on this? While it's no big deal as the event is simply skipped (I still get the message that a weaponsdeck is crashing down, but nothing happens), it still would be nice to have those random weapons~

Katavrik

Thanks for report. That means, i have a bug in my new class CrashLanding.DamageType_AddGlobalInjury_CrashLanding. I've trying to make radiation damage to be healed slowly, but forget to test lethality.

Quote from: Fluffi on January 23, 2015, 09:02:23 PM
I see. There's another thing I've noticed though, however, this seems to be an incompatibility issue of some sort. Basically, the "Weapon cargo" crash doesn't spawn when I'm playing this with CyberneticStorm (I've tried it with various weaponpacks, such as Guns+, Rimfire, RimEffect, Liandri's Corp ect ect). As it worked fine before their 3.3 update, I'm assuming that it has something to do with their new weapons.

I will check it. Thanks for the log, it might be helpful.

Katavrik

Updated to V 1.24:
- Reduced fires during parts impact. The damage type of the majority of impacts replaced with Bomb type. Additionaly, a few small fires appear.
        Your colonists can easily extiguish such small fires, if you do it fast. Otherwise it become uncontrolled fire, like it was before.
        That mean, your descisions to beat the fire or to do something else, should have greater impact on result of crash landing.
- New puddle fuel burns much longer, and raises chance of resource burning in locations without plants.
- Fixed a bug with radiation damage does not kill colonists.
- Fixed a bug with non spawning weapon deck, when certain mods enabled.
- Various code refactoring
- Some minor bugs fixed

Latta

Hehe, great fireworks there. Does building a wall prevents radiation from killing my colonists?
Also, there are some turret weapons spawning when weapon safes crash land. Maybe there should be some kind of filter which filters weapons by there tag IMO.

Katavrik

Quote from: urty5656 on January 25, 2015, 12:11:06 PM
Hehe, great fireworks there. Does building a wall prevents radiation from killing my colonists?
Also, there are some turret weapons spawning when weapon safes crash land. Maybe there should be some kind of filter which filters weapons by there tag IMO.

Building walls does not prevent radiation. Radiation has a very simple code. It just a radius, without any obstacles calculations.

As for turret spawning. Is it a vanila turret that spawn in a weapon deck, Or a modded one? I realized, that i cant make a filter, that works perfect with any mod. Because some mods has its own weapon tags, and i cant predict them.
I've made a changes to weapon generation, and it should work without filtres. Because, such filtres cause a bug with some mods. May be i need to check it again.

Thanks for report.

Latta

Quote from: Katavrik on January 25, 2015, 09:49:32 PM
Building walls does not prevent radiation. Radiation has a very simple code. It just a radius, without any obstacles calculations.

As for turret spawning. Is it a vanila turret that spawn in a weapon deck, Or a modded one? I realized, that i cant make a filter, that works perfect with any mod. Because some mods has its own weapon tags, and i cant predict them.
I've made a changes to weapon generation, and it should work without filtres. Because, such filtres cause a bug with some mods. May be i need to check it again.

Thanks for report.
I thought that the actual damage is done by Gamma Bullet. I should have mistaken, then.
For the turrets, it was modded ones, but not sure, my last colony used this scenario has destroyed by mechnoids. Will check it once more.

One more thing though, I got a mechanoid heavy charge blaster by drop along with turret weapons. But as it is defined like
<destroyOnDrop>True</destroyOnDrop>
this, when one of my colonist hauled it, it disappeared. This will happen too with turret weapons, I think. No, forget this.

Katavrik

Fix it again. Hopefully it will work correct this time.
V1.25
- Fixed a bug with spawning turret weapon in a weapon deck. Check (destroyOnDrop == false && canBeSpawningInventory == true) before spawn.
- Set canFreeIntercept flag to bullets from weapon deck explosion.

Quote from: urty5656 on January 26, 2015, 02:44:35 AM
I thought that the actual damage is done by Gamma Bullet. I should have mistaken, then.
That was my first idea, but the probability of random gamma particle to hit pawn was very low. That mean i should spawn a lot of particles. I mean a LOT!