[Mod Request] Portable Turret

Started by Xeewon, January 05, 2015, 12:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xeewon

While I could mod this myself, I just don't have to the talent in actual coding to pull this off to the best of its potential. I've never seen this done right and it is such a simple mod I'm surprised it has not been. What I'd like to see is where you make the turret on a bench, and that in itself is the requirement for the turret, that way you can set the turret to built at a position when assaulting one of the sieging groups, have a colonist go build it and then man it, only having to carry one part. and then deconstruct it back into that one part when finished, sort of like the E-web concept from Star Wars. Another variant would be a collapsible auto turret, possible having two kinds if possible, one with a solar panel graphic for its own power meaning it would only work in the day. another being just an auto turret, and requiring a small portable generator of the same concept. meaning you'd need to bring the turret and generator into battle able to run at any time of day, but needing two parts to run. The turret and a separate block, the generator. either way I'd like to see the manual  variant :) Thanks again if anyone decides to pick this up!

mrofa

This is not hard actually, easiest way would be to make a item like a door key, that could be drooped, and had a button to deploy. On deployment the item would be destroyed but the turret would be spawn, and turret would have the same button, to destroy itself and spawn that item that can be take by the pawn. Only thing additional to that is that i would need to transfare current HP :D
And i think that the hardest part would be to make for the item to be taken by pawn, which is easy in itself :D
Dammit and here go my free day X_X
All i do is clutter all around.

Xeewon

haha.. you always did have some of my favorite mods and ideas mrofa :)

mrofa

https://www.sendspace.com/file/gxnuep
This is a link to manned deployable turret, in dev menu >spawn thing >MannedTurret_Box
If you want to make it craftable or something its up to you, making workbenches and recipes works scares the shi.. out of me X_X

skullywag

I have a mod which uses a POD (not explaining until i release) but it will deploy micro turret from a thrown grenade and after its power supply is used up it reverts back into the grenade weapon ready to be picked up amd thrown. I have other types of PODs as well.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

mrofa

Quote from: skullywag on January 15, 2015, 03:11:05 AM
I have a mod which uses a POD (not explaining until i release) but it will deploy micro turret from a thrown grenade and after its power supply is used up it reverts back into the grenade weapon ready to be picked up amd thrown. I have other types of PODs as well.

Hmm well add a damn speed reduction to it :D
Had 4 colonist with this turrets and without speed redution .... they are just to op :D
So i can only assume that 4 colonist droping a granade turret will be the same :D

skullywag

Its only an "annoyance" turret, does hardly any damage and only for 30 seconds. I have 1 that shields for 30 seconds. Adding others as i think of them. Also bare in mind that the colonists lose the weapon when they throw it. Its like the new launchers only you can pick em back up.

mrofa

Oh did though you did it as a item :D
Well then maybe a proximity mine :D?

skullywag

But then you wouldnt get it back. Im adding things that when thrown deploy to do something then revert back to the thrown weapon to be picked back up and thrown again. Also tomahawks will be a thing shortly once I get someone to make me a texture....;)

mrofa

Well im all out of hulk jokes so here it is :D

skullywag

Dammit i wish i was good at art. Tell me you had that already and you didnt just make it....

mrofa