[Mod Help] Modifying Colonist Textures?

Started by MysticA3ther, January 07, 2015, 11:59:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MysticA3ther

Is there any possible way of somehow changing the way pawns look? I dug around some files, but couldn't actually find many pawn textures I could edit. Is this even possible?

S4NDBE4R

Of course, here is something that may help you out. It's all base textures, leaving out a handful of things. But base bodies are in there to get you started. Its buried in Things/Pawn/Humanoid/Bodies

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=2325.0

Eleazar

How do you do texture mods?  I've searched, but all i've found it Texture Nurse for Alpha 7, and other comments in the Alpha 7 era, and Smartislav TexturePack for A8, but which doesn't seem to work even with all other mods off and a restart.

Shinzy

Quote from: Eleazar on January 15, 2015, 09:50:31 AM
How do you do texture mods?  I've searched, but all i've found it Texture Nurse for Alpha 7, and other comments in the Alpha 7 era, and Smartislav TexturePack for A8, but which doesn't seem to work even with all other mods off and a restart.

You could find out the texture paths from the core 'mod' xmls
and then manually recreate that path in the textures folder inside the core
that should in most cases replace the vanilla textures

Or copy paste the bits of core that you wish to retexture as it's own mod <- but this way could conflict with other mods that also overwrites some of the core stuff and probably needs lot more work aswell

Eleazar

skullywag

Dont think human pawns have textures defined in xml do they? So you would have to overwrite by naming the same....which i guess youve now done.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Shinzy

Quote from: skullywag on January 15, 2015, 12:53:41 PM
Dont think human pawns have textures defined in xml do they? So you would have to overwrite by naming the same....which i guess youve now done.

Oh! the art asset files should have the texture paths ready though (for pawns)
uh.. right? I'm not actually wanting to test it right now cause I'll get side tracked and then the next thing I know it'll be 4 in the morning