Different fabric temperature multiplier?

Started by Kubouch, January 09, 2015, 03:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haplo

Now you know how frustrated I felt as I looked at this code the last time. You think you found the solution, you test it and nothing.. And that again and again..
I think this code was written to kill us modders ;)

Gaesatae

Yeah, this must have been premeditated! :D  My breaking point happened when, out of desperation, I gave it a final try with every possible field that could accept a statmodifier filled with a set of statmodifiers with different values, just to see which ones the game will choose to use. And the game choose to ignore me. It just won't work.

Haplo

Quote from: Gaesatae on January 20, 2015, 01:05:31 PM
... And the game choose to ignore me...
That! And you sit there... stare... stare.... STARE....... *Gets bazooka* ... *BOOOOM* ... bye bye computer, bye bye room, bye bye house ;D

Gaesatae

My masochistic nature didn't allow me to give up on this and I figured someone must get something out of my misery, so I spent a couple more hours trying to make it work.

I was wrong, you can't easily apply the modifiers at SpawnSetup. I believe you need a def generator for that and... no.

There is something extremely weird going on with the stuffprops. I was crafting a test apparel from vanilla cloth and the offsets of the product got affected by another stuffcategory offsets. And this offsets that get applied magically just happened to be the ones from one of the modded cloths not included in the recipe!

Seriously, I can't shake the feeling that somewhere, someone is laughing his ass out at this...

RemingtonRyder

The modified temperature offsets do not show up when you examine the item in-game for yourself. That's a bug, unfortunately.

If you instead click the info button on a colonist wearing that apparel, you can click on their maximum and minimum comfy temperature and see the correct values.

Hope this helps! :)

Gaesatae

Yes, I did notice that. I thought I could find a way to make it show up in the item. If it works for the leather it must work for anything... but, no.