Changelog Question

Started by Reolos, January 14, 2015, 05:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reolos

"It is no longer to possible to create or have non-contiguous zones."

Might I ask, why? I love creating huge dump zones for my stone chunks, and then deleting where my Pathing is, or where I dont want stones. I am just curious about the motive for the change. Thank you, keep rocking.

TheSilencedScream

Just to clarify... this means that you can't take a stockpile and make it into two separate groupings, under the same stockpile name?
Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

Eleazar

I also find it useful to divide up a big stockpile with non-stockpile paths.

rsdworker

i usually divide some zones - for example i put freezer one side and one side non freezer foods (chilled)
but i don't understand why - It is no longer to possible to create or have non-contiguous zones was needed

ItchyFlea

I do this with my tree farms.
Lay out a large zone (25x25 usually), then remove every second tile between every section so that my growers plant the trees in the most optimal way possible. Removing this feature means that if I ever wanted to do this again, I'd have to select each individual zone, set the tree type, and then select the next and so on, for well over 100 zones.

I guess tree farms are going to be a nightmare in A9. :'(
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Jaxxa

From memory there was some discussion about using that to simplify growing temperature calculations. So the temperature can be done for the whole grow zone at once not each individual plant. This stops having a zone part indoors and part outdoors.

Quote from: ItchyFlea on January 14, 2015, 07:09:19 PM
I do this with my tree farms.
Lay out a large zone (25x25 usually), then remove every second tile between every section so that my growers plant the trees in the most optimal way possible. Removing this feature means that if I ever wanted to do this again, I'd have to select each individual zone, set the tree type, and then select the next and so on, for well over 100 zones.

I guess tree farms are going to be a nightmare in A9. :'(

Hopefully that wont be too bad if we get the ability to multiselect stockpiles.

Or if you can make one big one, set the tree type and then split it up. That shouldn't be too bad as long as you don't want to change the growing type.

Shinzy

or if you can select what to plant before plopping the zone down!

skullywag

Quote from: Shinzy on January 15, 2015, 02:47:36 AM

This. Just use the flyout menu when selecting grow zone, pick plant, go nuts.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Enjoyment

Quote from: Shinzy on January 15, 2015, 02:47:36 AM
yeap, it can solve all the problems that can occure with this new thing...
English is neither my native lang nor my strong side...

Mikhail Reign

well that kinda sucks. I use it in storage areas so I can make a path through them with out having to pick what can go there for heaps of different zone different zones. Also use it to make 'sandbag defences' out of stone - mark a large areas and then remove what I don't want, just leaving the defenses. Also for growing zones, again for paths. I am really not looking forward to this update. Many things I am not a fan of.

Enjoyment

Quote from: Mikhail Reign on January 15, 2015, 05:38:37 AM
I am really not looking forward to this update. Many things I am not a fan of.
You're allways welcome to play the old alphas, but i don't think that Ty could do this change without giving something instead of it, to solve all of the problems it makes... Such never happened before, and hardly happens in future. So don't give up, and keep hoping ;)
English is neither my native lang nor my strong side...

milon

What we need is the ability to multi-select zones and also the ability to copy/paste settings for zones/bills/etc.

Shinzy

oh now that I've though about this cutting your stockpile zone in half probably don't still get rid of the storage settings? just makes them two different zones, yeah? I mean that would make sense kind of =P
the change might just be something to do with the new improved hauling AI

Mikhail Reign

Quote from: Enjoyment on January 15, 2015, 05:56:42 AM
Quote from: Mikhail Reign on January 15, 2015, 05:38:37 AM
I am really not looking forward to this update. Many things I am not a fan of.
You're allways welcome to play the old alphas, but i don't think that Ty could do this change without giving something instead of it, to solve all of the problems it makes... Such never happened before, and hardly happens in future. So don't give up, and keep hoping ;)

Yup, but since Ty doesnt host the old ones, and any post asking about getting old ones gets locked, the only option is pirating it, if I dont have it - not exactly optimum. He should just move to steam and use the beta tab to host old versions. I mean... Steam not being able to have versions, and wanting people to be able to use old versions is one of the reasons that this isn't on steam, yet Steam is able to do this exactly. I really dont get it.

Coenmcj

Suggesting piracy Mikhail?.. Tynan and the moderators do not approve of that...
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite