[Need Ideas] Food Mod

Started by HeyItsDrew, January 20, 2015, 07:28:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeyItsDrew

I've started working on a mod that is more food orientated and I wanted some ideas from the community. Whether its a building or a crop, any ideas would be much appreciated!  ;D

OldVamp

a meat alternative (soy like plant) so fine meals can be grown.
its a real pain when there are no animals or they only spawn on the opposite diagonal of the map.
It may be working as intended, but
what was intended is not working.

FridayBiology

apple trees?
require 3x3 clear area to spawn within the center, (kindof like oak trees)
center inpassible though allow shade for border tiles of 3x3 area.
T=tree, X = shade

X X X     X X X X X
X T X     X T X T X
X X X     X X X X X
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

HeyItsDrew

So adding a soy plant which when harvested could be mixed with vegetables on a preparation table of some sort to create a vegetarian mean. Then in turn the meat could be mixed with more vegetables to create a vegetarian meal!

Igabod

Soy has already been done in one mod called Tofu. I haven't actually put any apple trees into my Xtra Plants mod yet but was planning on doing so soon since I'm putting pies for all the other fruits in on the next update.

If you're looking to get in on the food side of modding you might look into alternative means of getting food. There was a fishing pier mod for alpha 7. And TTM had some sort of animal trapping or fish trapping thing in it. An interesting thing I've thought of since I saw Rikiki's Caveworld Flora mod is food plants that grow only in caves and can grow in complete darkness. I'm probably not going to go that direction with my Xtra Plants mod though. I never actually play in caves (except last night while playing with the glowing mushrooms in Caveworld Flora which are TOTALLY awesome) so I don't have enough interest in the project to take that on.