[1.2-A8e] Rimfire - vanilla style gun mod (v2.6 / 12.01.2021)

Started by Alistaire, January 22, 2015, 03:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POLL CENTRAL - 4 polls currently active, 3 closed

dd.mm.yyyy  [results] link to the poll

(30.12.2015) [results] Should weapons_guns.xml be split up into separate files for easy removal of weapons? (closed)
(05.01.2016) [results] Which of these considered weapon suggestions would you like me to prioritize? (closed)
(05.01.2016) [results] Which of these denied weapon suggestions would you want to see implemented after all? (closed)
(30.12.2015) [results] Which location do you prefer for polls?
(18.04.2016) [results] Which of these considered weapon suggestions would you like me to prioritize?
(18.04.2016) [results] Which of these denied weapon suggestions would you want to see implemented after all?
(30.04.2016) [results] !NEW! Which weapon types would you like to see added to Rimfire?

Alistaire

Quote from: Exampl3 on April 22, 2016, 06:22:26 AM
The MCM doesn't show up in the main menu. Got Rimfire 2.0 and CCL 0.13.1 installed. What might cause this?

You'll want to restart the game after activating Rimfire in the Mods window. If the problem still occurs please attach an output_log.txt file (How to report mod issues, point 4).

V3cta

I restart the game everytime I open the Mods screen. Also changed the loadorder a few times and deactived all mods except Rimfire and CCL & CCL Vanilla Tweaks, but no effect.
Attached the output_log.
Update: It's fixed! The M&Co Mining Helmet mod stopped some part of the CCL injector to work. Deactivated it and I can now see the mod options.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Alistaire

News regarding CombatRealism patch

CombatRealism has a pre-release for A13 which I have a patch ready for, but due to the state of the pre-release I will not present my patch as
being the final CR patch - this does not mean it will not undoubtedly work with the finished mod but I do not want people to get themselves into
testing the pre-release with Rimfire 2.0 active and have them blame this mod for any problems in the pre-release.

That being said, I have uploaded the patch to Dropbox for the early CR users:

Thanks,
~Alistaire

jackarbiter

Quote from: Alistaire on April 25, 2016, 05:29:11 PM
That being said, I have uploaded the patch to Dropbox for the early CR users:

FYI for people who download this, as NoImageAvailable notes in his thread, this is a full version of Rimfire modded for CR, and you should NOT use both vanilla rimfire and this version.
Arbitration - One-folder modpack, marathon overhaul, working vehicles

Loki88

I'm not sure if it's coming directly from this mod, or from a conflict with other mods, or from a CCL issue. I figured I should report it either way though until I can figure out more.

After using the mod options to save what guns I'd like to use / naming scheme I can play the game just fine and everything works as intended. The issue occurs after closing and reloading the game. The game loses all access to some of its core .dll files and will not run even after disabling all mods and restarting the game.

I wound up having to reinstall the game a few times troubleshooting what was causing the issue. It only occurs after saving the mod options for Rimfire.

While I'm 99% sure it's not Rimfire causing this directly I'm posting here because this is so far the only mod I know that uses that part of CCL functionality and figured you might appreciate the heads up.

Rimfire 1.9 works flawlessly so I will just have to use that for now.

Taken

So Im having some trouble with this mod. I load this with Community Core Library and this happens http://i.imgur.com/3id1wfo.png

Any ideas? I've looked everywhere for answers so any help is appreciated.

Loki88

Quote from: Taken on April 28, 2016, 05:24:42 AM
So Im having some trouble with this mod. I load this with Community Core Library and this happens http://i.imgur.com/3id1wfo.png

Any ideas? I've looked everywhere for answers so any help is appreciated.

I believe that's the same issue I'm having. I think it's a CCL conflict with other mods.

Taken

Heres the thing. I picked this mod at random because all of my mods are doing it. Sometimes it will give me this error and other it will be about there being no textures even though they are clearly in the mod. I have no idea what it is.

Alistaire

If you want me to actually look into it (Rimfire does not add or touch any of those defs) please follow the instructions in 2) How to report mod issues.

Taken

Here ya go. Thanks for looking into this :D

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Alistaire

Are you loading Miscellaneous w MAI, are CCL and vanilla tweaks placed first mods after core, do you have Enviro SK downloaded, is PrepareCarefully fully released for A13?

You'll want to look into those mods (Misc w MAI, PrepareCarefully), Rimfire is definitely not modifying Gensteps which are the issue here.

AllenWL

Uh, just wondering, but if I want to remove everything other then the high-caliber rifles, grenade launcher, and RPG(recipe inculded) for the CR patch, what do I need to get rid of/mess with?

Alistaire

Rimfire 2.0 contains an MCM Mod Configuration Menu from CCL Community Core Library. It's accessible via the main menu and in-game (though
CR doesn't currently refresh its ammo cache so disabling certain guns doesn't actually remove their ammo from the game) through a button
"Mod options" or something similar. Every gun in Rimfire can be toggled on/off to prevent them from spawning in at any point in your game -
activating the Weapon removal before generating a world will virtually guarantee any colonies on that world won't ever see the guns you disabled
in the MCM.

You will have to restart the game after changing anything in the Rimfire MCM. This is a problem with the CR pre-release.

AllenWL

Uh, what guns use the 410 bore buckshot?
I'm pretty sure I disabled all the guns that use them(CR), but a trader showed up carrying loads of the things.

Restarted after disabling them and everything, and don't know what's wrong.