[1.2-A8e] Rimfire - vanilla style gun mod (v2.6 / 12.01.2021)

Started by Alistaire, January 22, 2015, 03:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POLL CENTRAL - 4 polls currently active, 3 closed

dd.mm.yyyy  [results] link to the poll

(30.12.2015) [results] Should weapons_guns.xml be split up into separate files for easy removal of weapons? (closed)
(05.01.2016) [results] Which of these considered weapon suggestions would you like me to prioritize? (closed)
(05.01.2016) [results] Which of these denied weapon suggestions would you want to see implemented after all? (closed)
(30.12.2015) [results] Which location do you prefer for polls?
(18.04.2016) [results] Which of these considered weapon suggestions would you like me to prioritize?
(18.04.2016) [results] Which of these denied weapon suggestions would you want to see implemented after all?
(30.04.2016) [results] !NEW! Which weapon types would you like to see added to Rimfire?

Novellum

Quote from: Mechanoid HiveMind on March 14, 2015, 04:49:46 PM
Is this compatible with the combat realism mod?
Yes, there's another download for CR for Rimfire on the OP.

Alistaire

Exciting new graphics... and guns. Can you spot the three new ones?

I've been slaving out the "A9_Exact" graphics over the past month, and I've got three left. Because it's pretty mindnumbing work I added some more guns as well, to switch the update up a bit.

I'd like to know who is interested in the addition of potentially 29 (!!) new pistols, rifles, shotguns and heavy weaponry. All of them will be unique, making the mod entirely compatible with Project Armory's arsenal (the current mod has few duplicates, I'd like to know if anyone wants those to be removed too).

Because Alpha 10 is probably out not long from now, I'll have to update the mod for that version at some point. I assume the new weapons will not be Alpha 9 material, maybe not even Alpha 10 material (single author running the show). I hope that won't be the case.

So my questions are:

"Would you like me to add more guns?"
"Should the WA-2000 be removed (it's also in Project Armory)"

In other news

[MOD] (Alpha 9) Enhanced 3D Print Guns and Armor + Rimfire ....
.... is a compatibility patch for Rimfire and 3D Print Guns and Armor.

Check it out if you're interested in that!

Thanks for reading through the update!
~Alistaire

HBKRKO619

If it's full compatible with Project Armory, I want to say : more stuff is love, more stuff is life, let's go man ^^

Alistaire

So A10 is out, I'm gonna slave out the last few graphics, missing sounds and stats for the existing and new guns. So far the new guns are only three; three pistols as well.

A10 has close to no effect on the weapons code, so that's a plus.

Alistaire

V1.3 for Alpha 10 out!

Three guns have been added, graphics have been remade.

Alistaire

[MOD] (Alpha10) Brunayla's Security Co + Rimfire Weapon Crafting Patch ....
.... is a compatibility patch for Rimfire and Brunayla's Security Co.

Nataris

Any plans to update the compatibility patch for Combat Realism?  Would be the missing piece of my next playthrough.  Ive been dieing to try both mods.

Great job with the work so far.  Very much appreciated.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Nataris on April 23, 2015, 07:39:07 PM
Any plans to update the compatibility patch for Combat Realism?  Would be the missing piece of my next playthrough.  Ive been dieing to try both mods.

Great job with the work so far.  Very much appreciated.

I'll be providing my own patch in the future. Makes it easier to keep it up-to-date with balance adjustments and such.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Mechanoid Hivemind

WHOOOOOO i got part of a mod :D yay yay yay this is awesome :D i missed the last build so i am jumping in this one :D freaking A. Ill give it a shot :D i am so excited :D. Btw i changed my name from mechanoid hivemind to zerg hive mind :F
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Varg

Quote from: Alistaire on April 18, 2015, 03:56:15 AM

Does that mean these weapons are mountable as well?

Alistaire

Quote from: Varg on April 27, 2015, 06:02:54 AM

Brunayla's Security Co. doesn't use C# for mountable turrets, rather XML. The turrets are basically Improvised Turrets with slightly different stats and with a weapon required to build it. The turret is graphically the same as an Improvised Turret.
Rimfire weapons don't have a turret variant, because there's no XML file defining it.

You might be looking for OmniWeapons by Skullywag, which adds a mountable base. That mod isn't compatible with Rimfire either.

Latta

Quote from: Alistaire on April 27, 2015, 07:22:09 AM
Quote from: Varg on April 27, 2015, 06:02:54 AM

Brunayla's Security Co. doesn't use C# for mountable turrets, rather XML. The turrets are basically Improvised Turrets with slightly different stats and with a weapon required to build it. The turret is graphically the same as an Improvised Turret.
Rimfire weapons don't have a turret variant, because there's no XML file defining it.

You might be looking for OmniWeapons by Skullywag, which adds a mountable base. That mod isn't compatible with Rimfire either.

For a turret that can mount anything, try Haplo's Misc. mod. It has an automatic gun mount, though requires a research.

Adamiks