[help request] trading beacon command line

Started by Asfalto, January 23, 2015, 06:43:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asfalto

Hey guys, i was wondering what's the command line that identifies items as "tradable" or "in tradable zone" for the beacon

I looked up in the buildingsmisc.xml but didn't find any line that makes me think that's it

Thx

want_some

Quote from: Asfalto on January 23, 2015, 06:43:44 PM
Hey guys, i was wondering what's the command line that identifies items as "tradable" or "in tradable zone" for the beacon

I looked up in the buildingsmisc.xml but didn't find any line that makes me think that's it

Thx

you will find it in the Assembly-CSharp.dll
You need to decompile the dll first. You can use .Net Reflector 8.4 for this.

Learning to mod while also updating TTM Mod!
Full credit goes to Minami26

Asfalto

Quote from: want_some on January 23, 2015, 07:51:39 PM
Quote from: Asfalto on January 23, 2015, 06:43:44 PM

Thx

you will find it in the Assembly-CSharp.dll
You need to decompile the dll first. You can use .Net Reflector 8.4 for this.

Thanks, but i guess it won't be THAT simple to create another storage, say the "Trading Storage", at least for me

mipen

The trade Beacon looks all the things in its radius and reports the ones that are tradeable. What makes them tradeable I'm not exactly sure, but it could be any of:
-The thing is an item (weapon, resource etc)
-the thing can be carried by traders
-the thing has a base price

This is why you have to place a stockpile around the trade Beacon; it doesn't act as a storage device itself, just as a "beacon" which shows where things are. There's not much you can really do with it just in the xml defs

mipen

If you're interested though, and want to do a bit of c# coding with it, you can use Ilspy (or .NET reflector) to decompile the Assembly-CSharp.dll file, then search for the class "TradeUtility". This has the function that gives the list of all items currently tradeable. There are also other classes with some useful functions that you can use, just search "trade" and they should come up

Asfalto

Quote from: mipen on January 25, 2015, 06:03:34 AM
If you're interested though, and want to do a bit of c# coding with it, you can use Ilspy (or .NET reflector) to decompile the Assembly-CSharp.dll file, then search for the class "TradeUtility". This has the function that gives the list of all items currently tradeable. There are also other classes with some useful functions that you can use, just search "trade" and they should come up

Thank you both, will try something ;)