Write an event!

Started by Listy, January 29, 2015, 10:18:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

giannikampa

Last prisoner that joined your colony just simulated loyalty and runs away from the map
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

apljee

A herd of Elk are passing by.

--> 25% chance of meat being infected with a random disease
--> 50% chance of meat being normal
--> 20% chance of the elks going mad when a colonist goes near them
--> 5% chance that the herd goes on a rampage when they enter the map

FridayBiology

Quote from: apljee on February 07, 2015, 07:12:31 PM
A herd of Elk are passing by.

--> 25% chance of meat being infected with a random disease
--> 50% chance of meat being normal
--> 20% chance of the elks going mad when a colonist goes near them
--> 5% chance that the herd goes on a rampage when they enter the map
kill 50% of animal type random chance from psychotic animal herd event?
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

Listy

Quote from: giannikampa on February 07, 2015, 05:00:45 PM
Last prisoner that joined your colony just simulated loyalty and runs away from the map

That event is already in game. If your colony gets too large for the storyteller cap then you start loosing people.

OpposingForces

ice event: wind turbines get stuck due to ice, movement slowed.

meteor shower: small bits of metal / ore/ stone rain down. damages any thing they land on.
No one can hear you scream in space. But the Raiders get a chuckle from you screaming while a boomrat eats you.

TrashMan

A mysterious visitor wishes to join your colony. He is very pale looking and prefers to work at night tough, avoiding sunlight. He is also very strange and distanced.
When he does go outside he sparkles. A LOT. He also has a tendency to follow around young females in your colony and stare at them.
Sometime later another visitor will come. Female. She will follow the first on everywhere and will start cutting her wrists if she spends too long outside his company.

muffins

A very large ship breaks up in orbit, showering the planet with its cargo (like the in-game cargo drop but x20)

25% chance of dead bodies (without arms or armour - it was a passenger/colonist ship)
25% chance of dead animals (it was a terraformer ship loaded with fauna)
25% chance of muffalo meat (it was a trader from a ranching colony/world)
25% chance of slag or rock chunks (ancient derelict ship or meteorite broke up while entering the atmosphere)

All but the chunks would rapidly rot away in warm weather.

Sartain

Brain Parasite Infestation:

One of your colonists has been infected with the often deadly Brain Parasite. The parasite will have to be removed (by a competent medical professional) before it's gestation is complete or the colonist will suffer permanent brain damage and possibly also fly into a violent rage from which there is no recovery.

Mithradates

Some kind of positive psychic event would be lovely. As is, a lot of people just reject 'psychically hypersensitive' people out of hand.

A new colony is established somewhere on the planet (not necessarily in the same manner as your own). You can choose to assist them materially early on for diplomacy bonus - regardless, a new faction is added wit which to negotiate. If you want to be awesome about it, you can have versions of this where they are themed in some way (A new band of pirates, reawoken Ancient warriors, a proper colony ship from another planet, an expansion of one of the other settlements, refugees from a conflict resettle, etc).

Having other people settle your area would be interesting - especially early game. You can attempt to convince them to join with you, you can fight for resources, and all the other things that have doubtless been said a dozen times already in this thread.

I know this isn't very specific, but I would like to see more high-level technological items (like the AI Persona Core) and quests regarding them/uses for them. As an example, a crashed pod has a damaged cloning array, which if repaired can grow lost organs if given enough time, energy, and resources (Read: Biological material) to do so. However, such things are highly valuable on Rimworlds, and pirates will attempt to take it, whilst other settled factions might want to trade for it, giving a strong relations bonus among other things.

Other things?
Romani arma in omnis habent, acerruma in eos, quibus victis spolia maxuma; audendo et fallundo et bella ex bellis serundo magni facti. Per hunc morem extinguent omnia aut occident.

Sartain

Some more expensive, game-changing, high-tech stuff would certainly be fun. Like say, gathering several rare and expensive materials, along with obtaining research schematics and then actually researching, a Psi-dampening tower that makes your colony immune to Psychic events.

Listy

Quote from: Mithradates on February 18, 2015, 01:42:00 PM
Some kind of positive psychic event would be lovely. As is, a lot of people just reject 'psychically hypersensitive' people out of hand.

Sort of a Psychic wave washes over the area giving your colonist a psychicly generated tip off and then the game re-formats some extra mineable resources, maps an undiscovered area of the map, the more valuable/larger area the more psychically sensative your guy is?
Or the wave could mean he calls out to more animals, and the game spawns lots more creatures near his location?

litenthadark

Alpha creature: A single creature goes psychotic, but instead of attacking the player, it attacks other animals. In it's rage it gets a huge boost to all stats, and is very dangerous. It can wipe out all other animals if you don't handle it.

Mithradates

Quote from: litenthadark on February 19, 2015, 04:26:32 AM
Alpha creature: A single creature goes psychotic, but instead of attacking the player, it attacks other animals. In it's rage it gets a huge boost to all stats, and is very dangerous. It can wipe out all other animals if you don't handle it.

Eh. I think that needs to be toned down significantly. I'm not looking to fight an Epic Creature from Spore.
Romani arma in omnis habent, acerruma in eos, quibus victis spolia maxuma; audendo et fallundo et bella ex bellis serundo magni facti. Per hunc morem extinguent omnia aut occident.

Kegereneku

Eh... I think I have to suggest some GOOD EVENT.

By now Tynan must have 10 000 way of killing you as slowly and cruelly as possible, but barely any good -yet logical- event to assist a player on the verge of destruction, starvation, death by boredoom...etc

Edit : Just modified again my post with some good event idea
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=9755.msg99874#msg99874
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

Tynan

This thread is a gold mine! Many thanks to you all.

If anyone has other thoughts, I am all ears.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog