[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

knord

rsof69

AllenWL

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on September 03, 2015, 01:43:10 PM
Quote from: ultimatron14 on September 03, 2015, 12:05:41 PM
Awesome mod, think it could be patched to be EPOE compatible? If so, awesome. If not, that's fine, mod is still great anyway.

As far as I remember EPOE is purely XML based, the only conflicts should be with regards to changed body part XML entries. All you'd have to do is merge the changes.
How do you do that?

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: AllenWL on September 04, 2015, 03:16:00 AM
Quote from: NoImageAvailable on September 03, 2015, 01:43:10 PM
Quote from: ultimatron14 on September 03, 2015, 12:05:41 PM
Awesome mod, think it could be patched to be EPOE compatible? If so, awesome. If not, that's fine, mod is still great anyway.

As far as I remember EPOE is purely XML based, the only conflicts should be with regards to changed body part XML entries. All you'd have to do is merge the changes.
How do you do that?

Same as any other XML mod really, just open up the defs in Defs/BodyDefs and Defs/BodyPartDefs and merge the changes to coverage and health. I threw this one together quickly, let me know how it works: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yjyn5j3k9honpxr/CombatRealism%20EPOE.rar?dl=0
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Deepfield

Any reason this would make shooting though Stone Embrasures from Superior Crafting not possible?

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Deepfield on September 04, 2015, 07:03:19 AM
Any reason this would make shooting though Stone Embrasures from Superior Crafting not possible?

Initial shot height is pawnBodySize * 0.75, cover with fillPercentage of 0.75 or higher will be impossible to shoot past because your pawns can't reach that high.

Goo Poni

Would that mean that a fill percentage of 0.70 is extremely defensible to stand behind? How does that part work? Is it still random chance for cover to take the hit instead of the pawn?

EDIT:

Ooh, and are mechanoid weapons tweaked the same? Charge Blaster/Lance, Incendiary Cannon and Minigun?

Alistaire

Height is calculated every time the bullet could hit something. If the height is above bodySize, fillPercentage or bodySize+fillPercentage it won't
hit, otherwise it will.

Humans are 1.0 bodySize so a shooter will aim in about the middle to get the highest chance to hit. If the pawn is behind cover that cover height
is subtracted from bodySize for the further calculations so a pawn standing behind 0.7 cover shows only 0.3 of his height, making it harder for
unexperienced shooters to hit them.

When your pawn is downed their bodySize changes to 0.5 which makes them completely impossible to hit behind 0.7 cover, and otherwise
they're less likely to be hit (due to random shot variation and recoil, shooter skill etc). All in all it's a good thing to stand behind cover.

Goo Poni

And I guess, if they're standing behind cover that is taller than where they shoot from, pawns will step out to shoot around the corner? Or will they just not shoot at that point? How does stepping out affect their cover?

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Goo Poni on September 04, 2015, 08:15:04 AM
Ooh, and are mechanoid weapons tweaked the same? Charge Blaster/Lance, Incendiary Cannon and Minigun?

Everything that applies to regular guns should apply to Mechanoid weapons too.

Quote from: Alistaire on September 04, 2015, 08:35:02 AM
When your pawn is downed their bodySize changes to 0.5 which makes them completely impossible to hit behind 0.7 cover, and otherwise
they're less likely to be hit (due to random shot variation and recoil, shooter skill etc). All in all it's a good thing to stand behind cover.

Small correction: right now pawns who are downed have 80% reduced bodySize if their regular bodySize is 1 or lower. Larger pawns use bodySize - 0.8 instead. And yeah, the only time RNG happens after a bullet leaves the barrel is tree collision

Quote from: Goo Poni on September 04, 2015, 08:41:15 AM
And I guess, if they're standing behind cover that is taller than where they shoot from, pawns will step out to shoot around the corner? Or will they just not shoot at that point? How does stepping out affect their cover?

Right now they just won't shoot. AI controlled pawns will try to find another position. Leaning in itself is unchanged from vanilla, it just means a portion of bullets will hit the wall instead of the pawn. Right now bullets have to pass within a certain distance from the pawn's drawn position (IIRC it's bodySize / 4 for humans and scythers, bodySize / 2 for everyone else) and leaning out means about half that range is concealed behind walls.

mbos14

Maybe a weird queistion but how can i be sure this mod is active on my worlds since i dont realy notice it?

Goo Poni

Give a colonist a vanilla weapon, enlist them, enlist another colonist, take a potshot at second colonist with first. See if it looks more like Rimworld's RNG combat or more like the gifs posted by NIA earlier.

NoImageAvailable

Update
Released 1.3.2, see changelog for a list of changes. Also updated Defence Pack. Trenches had to go unfortunately but there are two new turrets to make up for it, courtesy of Shinzy and Alistaire respectively.

Quote from: mbos14 on September 04, 2015, 12:50:23 PM
Maybe a weird queistion but how can i be sure this mod is active on my worlds since i dont realy notice it?

Check the survival rifle you start with. If its base accuracy is 50/50/40/40 its working.

mbos14

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on September 04, 2015, 01:59:04 PM
Update
Released 1.3.2, see changelog for a list of changes. Also updated Defence Pack. Trenches had to go unfortunately but there are two new turrets to make up for it, courtesy of Shinzy and Alistaire respectively.

Quote from: mbos14 on September 04, 2015, 12:50:23 PM

Check the survival rifle you start with. If its base accuracy is 50/50/40/40 its working.

yup it seems to work i just found it weird i was still losing a lot of leggs. but i do have a mod that add extra weapons in there as well

Mechanoid Hivemind

So i installed this and there is the epoe patch in the main download is that what i am looking for?
i just want the cr not the patch thing
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.