[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plymouth

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on April 25, 2015, 04:09:06 PM

Already had a first look, I'll have it done tomorrow since its bed-time over here. Also found the first bug, the British Bulldog has infinite range because there is a "," where a "." should be.

Oh man, this is embarrasing.

bang

I was wondering If you could incorporate rimsenal into your mod ? They're awesome weapons that really fit into the universe !

Kolljak

Does the Project Armoury version work on the current armoury? anyone know?

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Kolljak on April 26, 2015, 08:32:37 PM
Does the Project Armoury version work on the current armoury? anyone know?

No, I'll hopefully have the new version ready for release today.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Kolljak

Awsome. this is one of the mods in my personal modpack i may release at a later date. im just waiting for the game to exit Alpha before releasing any mods or packs do to the code constantly changing.

Jan2607

Do I need to start a new colony, when I want to play with this mod?

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Jan2607 on April 28, 2015, 07:07:49 AM

No Yes

Stonyly

Jan2607

Oooooops :P

This is the CR Core mod.
Also installed are:

EdB Prepare Carefully
Craftable guns (https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10850.0)
OmniDefence by Skullywag

What of these mods could cause this nice Screen?
And I named the CR core mod file DCombatRealism, because this mod was above the Core mod and I didn't know how to change this. Thanks to the D it ist now under Core.
But that couldn't cause the problem, right?

[attachment deleted due to age]

Kolljak

I cant read that error can you copy and paste what it says into the post.

Jan2607

1 [Name of Version]
1 Initialized the EdB Prepare Carefully mod
2 Def-linked translation error: Found no Verse.JobDef named PrivateTime to match PrivateTime.reportString
1 Initializing map from file A10 with mods Core, Craftable guns, EdB Prepare Carefully and OmniDefence
1 Def-linked translation error: Found no Verse.JobDef named PrivateTime to match PrivateTime.reportString
1 Initializing map from file A10 with mods Core, Craftable guns, EdB Prepare Carefully, OmniDefence and DCombatRealism
1 Map compressor decompressing error: No thingDef with short hash 12796. Adding as null to Dictionary
1390 (number is still raising) Object reference not set to an instance of an Object

Copy and paste wasn't possible, I had to copy out the text.

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on April 28, 2015, 07:38:24 AM
Quote from: Jan2607 on April 28, 2015, 07:07:49 AM

No

Alright, I found a solution to this. You NEED to start a new colony.

I tried to start a new colony with all these mods AND Combat Realism, and there was no error.

NoImageAvailable

Went and tested it, apparently the AI changes I recently introduced do require a new colony to work.

Jan2607

Okay, thanks for information :)
I hope, the CR Defence Addon will be updated soon, I want to have these Brownings :D

jal21

(have not gone throw resint post on this thred but im still going to say it)
OI up date to PA can you pleas work on the rebalince i would like to get my colines heads shot off from a cuple of miles away from a smiper

skyarkhangel

Quote from: Epyk on January 29, 2015, 12:34:50 PM

Combat realism? it's a damn crazy combat mod. It seems you've never used a weapon in real life.
You made a serious mistake without taking into consideration parameters such as:
1) the caliber of the bullets, respectively recoil after the shot. In your mod minigun bullets 5,56x45 caliber shooting at the same distance as a sniper rifle with a caliber 7,62x51.
2) Lethal force of a bullet 7,62x51 caliber about 3 times stronger than 5,56x45. Currently weapon damage is the same..
3) The weight of the weapon. In your mod no difference colonist took up a two-pound gun  or 15-30 pound minigun. There is no decrease in the speed of movement. Usability of firearms plays a very important role, which affects everything.

7,62x51 vs. 5,56x45

For comparison:
5,56x45 Bullet weight - 3.6 g. Muzzle velocity of the bullet - 975 m/s. Muzzle energy ~ 1690 joules.
7,62x51 Bullet weight - 10.2 g. Muzzle velocity of the bullet - 840 m/s. Muzzle energy ~3600 Joules

P.S. Сurrently not playable at all.