[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

player13

Quote from: jackarbiter on May 03, 2016, 12:06:12 AM
Quote from: player13 on May 03, 2016, 12:01:39 AM
Quote from: akiceabear on May 02, 2016, 09:52:21 PM
Quote from: player13 on May 02, 2016, 09:48:14 PM

I haven't tried running a game with just CR and CCL to see if I could see the ammo at the machining table.

Any help is appreciated.

Try this.

Just tried it and it didn't work. Have only these mods loaded and in this order:

Core
    EdB Mod Order
    Community Core Library v0.13.1.1
    Community Core Library - Vanilla Tweaks
    Combat Realism Core

Try:

Remove edb mod order (ccl should be 2nd anyway) and order the mods manually in the mod menu, then restart.

Removed EdB Mod Order and it worked! First time I've seen that ammo.

It looks like EdB Mod Order is incompatible with CR. I wonder which needs to be fixed or patched. I thought Mod Order was compatible with everything...

Tried running it again with all the other mods I had enabled previously and now it doesn't work again, ha.

Sir PewPew

Quote from: player13 on May 03, 2016, 03:20:42 AM

I haven't tried running a game with just CR and CCL to see if I could see the ammo at the machining table.

Any help is appreciated.

Try this.

Just tried it and it didn't work. Have only these mods loaded and in this order:

Core
    EdB Mod Order
    Combat Realism Core

Try:

Remove edb mod order (ccl should be 2nd anyway) and order the mods manually in the mod menu, then restart.

It looks like EdB Mod Order is incompatible with CR. I wonder which needs to be fixed or patched. I thought Mod Order was compatible with everything...

Tried running it again with all the other mods I had enabled previously and now it doesn't work again, ha.

It is compatible with EdB Mod Order, I have it running without a problem (now). To start with I couldn't get it to work with EdBMO either even when only running CCL and CR but after some messing around with enabling/disabling mods I got it to work just fine.

My method may be overkill but I restart the game after every mod gets enabled, CCL -> restart -> EdBMO -> restart -> CR etc. and it makes things work when other people can't.
When in doubt, set everything on fire.

Aarkreinsil

Is there any elaborate readme for this mod, something that explains all of the mechanics in detail?
Like, how much of a difference in accuracy does it make if you switch from single to burst, or from burst to auto fire?
How do you interpret the new "Chance to hit" info, where it shows some values that are measured in "C", that sort of thing.

Also, the enemy AI seems to work differently now. It's as if every raid turned into a sapper squad, even tribals focus on attacking walls and doors now, and deadfall traps have become pretty much useless, dealing about no damage whatsoever to people.

NoImageAvailable

There is no incompatibility between any of EdB's stuff and CR. Your issue was trying to load CCL behind Mod Order. It needs to be right after Core in the load order and will give an error if it is not.

Quote from: Aarkreinsil on May 03, 2016, 03:35:09 AM
Is there any elaborate readme for this mod, something that explains all of the mechanics in detail?
Like, how much of a difference in accuracy does it make if you switch from single to burst, or from burst to auto fire?
How do you interpret the new "Chance to hit" info, where it shows some values that are measured in "C", that sort of thing.

Also, the enemy AI seems to work differently now. It's as if every raid turned into a sapper squad, even tribals focus on attacking walls and doors now, and deadfall traps have become pretty much useless, dealing about no damage whatsoever to people.

You can open the information screen for a pawn or gun and click on any of the new stats (sway factor, aiming efficiency, etc.) to get a detailed explanation of how that stat affects shooting.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

sad_moosey

Hello NoImageAvailable, could you give me an ETA on 1.6.4 or any releases with various bug fixes? I'm looking forward to playing RimWorld again but I don't want to start another world if an update is coming soon. Huge fan of the mod, can't play RimWorld without it.

Also what do binoculars do in this mod?

~sad_moosey

Sir PewPew

TL;DR
Soon, Sad_Moosey. Better to wait for it to be ready than to release a broken update

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on May 01, 2016, 05:12:17 PM
So just a heads up, turret ammo is fully functional (though somewhat lacking polish) but sieges are not. Unfortunately there is some very messy code in there so my options are kinda limited between ripping it all out and replacing it (more work than I am willing to commit at this point) or resorting to some hacky workarounds.

The next version also adds new functionality to the loadout manager where pawns will no longer automatically take meals and also drop items if they have more than specified in their loadout. Items that are not actually part of the loadout will not be dropped however, as there are issues both with vanilla jobs and the fact that for this to work properly with player-controlled pickups you'd need some way of disallowing automatic dropping of player-forced items, akin to the outfit manager's forced wear. And that one is just not feasible to implement for me due to technical reasons.

I am also working on tightening up some balance issues, raiders carry much less ammo now and ammo itself as well as ammo crafting are more expensive now. Once I am done balancing I will release the next version as a full release along with CR Defence and my stat sheets I use for balancing so anyone interested in making a compatibility patch can see how the values are calculated.

When in doubt, set everything on fire.

lucadena

Just dropped by to tell you that this mod is really awesome. This really should be in the base game in my opinion. Great work

kimx1636

Any help is appreciated.

Try this.

Core
    EdB Mod Order
    Combat Realism Core

Try:

EdB Mod Order works with Combat Realism, your issue was that Community Core must always, ALWAYS be second, right after core, otherwise it messes up. :)

kimx1636

I'm having a bit of an issue in dealing with my hunter. Every time she runs out of ammunition she puts her survivor rifle into her gear instead of equipping it, meaning I manually have to tell her to re-equip her rifle every time she fetches new ammunition.

Is there an easier way to deal with this?

Galvenox

I don't have the option to craft improvised turret at machining table, do I need to research something? couldn't find proper research option as well. or isn't it working yet?

jackarbiter

Quote from: Galvenox on May 03, 2016, 07:32:41 AM
I don't have the option to craft improvised turret at machining table, do I need to research something? couldn't find proper research option as well. or isn't it working yet?

They are not in yet. They will be next update.
Arbitration - One-folder modpack, marathon overhaul, working vehicles

Goldenpotatoes

Hahaha oh my god I can't believe I never saw the benefits of the binoculars this is amazing.

Removing the indirect fire of artillery AND taking the accuracy of the spotter instead of the shooter? Oh sweet jesus this is beautiful.

EDIT: Also, could we PLEASE get a quickfix for centipedes? I'm not joking when I say even the dev-mode kill command isn't enough to actually stop them, because their armor quite literally absorbs the damage done. Its painful to watch when even divine intervention can't stop the unkillable fuckers.

dareddevil7

Quote from: Goldenpotatoes on May 03, 2016, 08:07:49 AM
Hahaha oh my god I can't believe I never saw the benefits of the binoculars this is amazing.

Removing the indirect fire of artillery AND taking the accuracy of the spotter instead of the shooter? Oh sweet jesus this is beautiful.
The massively reduced cool down on artillery is awesome too, and makes sieges more of a threat

Flare Flicker

Bit of a bug, my colonist did not have room for a survival meal in her inventory. She just stood there till I corrected the amount of ammo in her inventory. Not game breaking but something to watch out for, instead of working people may just be drooling over that meal wishing their pack wasn't as full. btw I do like how you can add anything to their loadout. Wood, steel, medicine or anything is that intended and going to stay?

player13

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on May 03, 2016, 04:08:37 AM
There is no incompatibility between any of EdB's stuff and CR. Your issue was trying to load CCL behind Mod Order. It needs to be right after Core in the load order and will give an error if it is not.

Thank you for that information. FYI, it gave no default visible error.