Call for public testers! (closed)

Started by Tynan, February 03, 2015, 11:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Humort

Quote from: Artblya on February 04, 2015, 07:11:09 AM
Quote from: Humort on February 04, 2015, 01:15:11 AMК сожалению, языками не владею, но очень надеюсь на то, что переводчики смогут перевести мои отчеты.
я могу помочь этому парню с переводом, хотя )

Если меня допустят к тестированию, и вы поможете мне с отчётами, то можно будет  скооперировать деятельность, для большей эффективности, проверяя найденный проблемы, и тестируя их, сообща.
I speak Russian if you don't understand that I wrote, Google Translator is guilty of it

Gaesatae

You can count me in.
I have some experience in alpha testing and, more important, now I have the time and will to test as long as necessary. I've been modding for a month so I'm familiar with the game code and errors.

Ixolan

I would be glad to help testing - I am new to rimworld but have tested many other games (and testing in general is one part of my official job).

rgds
Ixolan

Oasis

I'd be willing to help. I'm not as experienced as some people here, but I have a vague understanding of what you're looking for and I'm willing to put in the time to possibly have the chance at helping you out. Also on the reddit thread linked below you commented that I correctly identified the cause of a bug that the user was asking about. So there's that, I guess.

http://www.reddit.com/r/RimWorld/comments/2tyr24/moocher/

kikariska

I'd sure be willing to help. I definitely have the time, and the enthusiasm, and doing computer science/game design I got an idea of what's going on.

Thaan

I would definitely be interested in that. I am a small time streamer and i also already found some back back in version 6 or 7 that i reported.

MagnAxiom

I'll sign up to help improve this great game!!  I've got some experience in alpha/beta game testing and will work to ensure bugs are outlined clearly and see if i can repeat them after an event.

Feniks

PhenomTaker

Here!
I would really like to test and find bugs for new versions, making them as good as possible.
Just finished Beta-testing for The Guild 2 Renaissance Patch 4.2, so I have time left. :) If we need references, just ask someone from Nordic Games.

TheNewTeddy

Quote from: Artblya on February 04, 2015, 09:41:53 AM
Quote from: Tynan on February 03, 2015, 11:56:08 PM
Quote from: memoryleaked on February 03, 2015, 11:49:53 PM
Is already owning the game a requirement to applying?

Yes, you have to already own the game.

Sorry for posting this in the wrong thread, Tynan, but probably you should consider some discount for the countries with freaking sudden usd/national currency drop they experienced lately. Usually I do not mind supporting the devs of the games I find interesting by purchasing their products, but 80% national currency drop within last few months made me change my mind.

As someone who is from the same country as the game creator - a country that over the past few weeks and months has seen it's currency drop to .78 from .94 in July, I have to disagree. Many people bought the game at low rates, unless you plan to go back and discount all of them them - especially Canadians given that all the evidence I see is that the game is budgeted in Canadian dollars - this seems an unfair "but I want a discount" complaint.
sig

DaPieGuy

I would love to do some testing. I am studying games development and this would definitely be good for me to do. I dont have any real experience testing though but I know the jist of it

Ciznit

Hey Tynan I'm a professional software QA tester and huge fan of the game.  I'd gladly replace my time playing RimWorld with time testing RimWorld.  If we do find bugs, what is the best way for us to report them?

TheCrosser

I would like to help test the game, always wanted to help a worthy Projects. I hope you will do me the honor, and give the opportunity to assist you in testing.

Sparta

If you still need some testers, I'd be more than happy to help as well.

milon

Wow, this thread sure brought out the lurkers!

@Ciznit, bugs go in the bugs forum. If it's reproducible etc then it goes in Mantis.