Changing unit move speed

Started by RetPaladinlol, August 12, 2016, 06:47:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RetPaladinlol

Hi everyone, I'm trying to change the move speed of the zombies in the Zombie Apocalypse mod A14. I went inside the ThingDefs folder and changed the Races_Zombie xml line that states <Movespeed>. It was originally 3.5 which was a little too slow for my taste. I changed it to 5.07 (10% increase) but when I started a game the zombies were no faster than they were originally. Is there another tag somewhere I need to mess with to increase their speed?

Link to the ZA mod A14:

https://ludeon.com/forums/?topic=3635.0

robotguy4

Can you either update the ModDB version, upload a .zip or tell me how to get to the files from Steam Workshop? Nevermind, I found it. It would still help if you updated a non-steam version, but it's not necessary.

This is probably a silly question, but did you try setting move speed to 100 to confirm changing that number does nothing?

RetPaladinlol

Hi, this is the mod in question.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=97402246643311234681

I tried your suggestion of changing the movespeed to 100 and still nothing. The zombies still move at the same slow speed. Perhaps movespeed is tied to the ZombieApocalypse.dll somehow? I'm not sure how .dll's work.

Illusion Distort

Looked throught the .dll, no movementspeed mentioned...

RetPaladinlol

Quote from: Illusion Distort on August 13, 2016, 09:10:52 AM
Looked throught the .dll, no movementspeed mentioned...

Thanks for doing that. My only wild inexperienced guess right now is that a health effect is affecting their move speed and slowing them down that way. Maybe.

kaptain_kavern

did you create a new world for your test ?

From my prior test with animal races, all there is to change is the XML tag value

As kaptain_kavern said, you should always test changes in a new game not an existing one.

Once you confirmed the change happened in the new game then you look at compatibility with existing saves and make a note as to whether it is or not so you can tell your users.

Don't test in a dirty environment, always use a clean one.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.