Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amul

I've actually been trying to kill off one of my high-melee  Abrasive colonists by making him a hunter, but at Melee 8 and a gladius, he can take out a wild boar and anything smaller with ease.

amul

In the category of "more sci-fi feel," how about a pistol equivalent to the laser rifle? Same gun sprite, pistol equivalent stats, just need a new graphic for the gun.

lennywales

1) Stun guns that fire a harmless projectile that immediately (or after a few shots) incapacitates enemies.
2) Door mats that remove any 'carried filth' from a colonist.
3) Being able to sedate colonists/prisoners, like the 'anaesthetic' effect after surgery.
4) Being able to link production structures to stockpiles and perhaps create supply chains where a cook drops a meal off to a stockpile by his stove then a hauler hauls it to a fridge.
Thanks,
           Lenny

amul

Quote from: lennywales on December 17, 2014, 12:24:22 PM
4) Being able to link production structures to stockpiles and perhaps create supply chains where a cook drops a meal off to a stockpile by his stove then a hauler hauls it to a fridge.

You can do this already. Under configuration, change "Take it to best stockpile" to "Drop on floor."

jakendrick3

• Odds of results for Surgerys Like putting in a new kidney has a 5% chance to cause infection and a 3% chance to botch the kidney. You don't have to do all that just add the chance system and let the modders do it.

• Helping allies Not anything complex; just like being able to heal thier wounded after they save you in a big raid. Without pissing them off for kidnapping thier guy that is.

artos

Could we get gravel floor tiles - basically a sand tile, uses one stone to construct, but blocks plant growth? Right now I'm building my wind turbines on wood floors because the trees grow so quickly in a jungle biome that ordering cut plants is slow and annoying.

Also, a mow area command, like remove snow but for plants, would be nice.

luggage66

Suggestion: When an otherwise well-supported roof is excessively heated (e.g. by fire) it has a chance to collapse.

I had a fire in my 'holding cell', which was all wood. It was dangerous due to the heat and the fast spread of the fire. People were injured but I saved the building and everyone survived. Well.. except all the prisoners. Anyway.. I just had a thought that the chance of a roof collapse would have made it that much more dangerous and realistic. Already, looking back, I realize I should have just prevented the spread and let the building go. Going in was dumb, but I got away with it. I shouldn't have.

Gladdig_Kaga

A heater that pumps heat from one room to another, exactly like the cooler, except that the target temperature is for the side getting warmed up. Might just as well be implemented as an option for the cooler.

The ability to transport temperature through tubes, just like electricity through wires.

More powerful heaters and coolers.

Ability to lock doors for colonists, prisoners, visitors, enemies or even specific persons separately. But I suspect this might be hard because of pathfinding and such?  If that is the case, being able to mark more than one room as prison, even without having beds in them would be nice, so the prisoners can walk between them.

Mood modifiers for losing or gaining limbs.

Separating happiness and fear into two different values.

Fire extinguishers that can reach more than one tile. Right now they seem to only melee attack the fires, and all I can do is hope for rain whenever my solar panels catch on fire.

Have prisons without beds, having the prisoners themselves marking their sleeping spots. Prisoners fighting eachother or getting mood swings and trying to sleep next to or away from other prisoners depending on the other prisoners' factions or personality. Prisoners trying to survive and escape through mounting riots together, picking up weapons, exploring their cell if it is large, or cannibalising on each other when starved. Put shortly: The more AI the prisoners have, the better.

Make animals spawn next to other animals of the same type. Then being able to capture animals like prisoners and sow grass for the animals. Setting a maximum animal count in the room, having the excess animals automatically marked for hunting.

Make animals attack and eat each other.

Short range teleporters for teleporting people around the map requiering one at both ends. A teleporter can only be connected to one other, so that in order to havet nertwork teleporting from one location to any other you'd need a hub room of teleporters.

Vacuum pipes that suck any item placed at one end to the closest empty tile at the other end. (Essentially an item teleporter)

Nuclear power. Being an expensive investment but having no cost later when it's built. Unrealistically turning into a nuclear bomb whenever it is damaged or not cleaned or coolerd properly.

Slavery, forcing prisoners to work even if they haven't joined the colony.

Have the spaceship not win you the game, but let you land somewhere else with the colonists, prisoners, animals and perhaps stowaways on the ship.

Assemly lines and automatic crafting.

Visitors becoming hostile if locked in and suffering for any reason.

Disillusioned colonists join nearby visitors, making it harder than to just to arrest and release them.

Foods that literally grow on trees, requiring you to let the trees to grow for a while before yielding fruit.

Electricity switches, be it manual or with automatic timers, entity detection or even programmable logic kind of like redstone from minecraft.

Vaperius

Simple Ideas...

Medicine used for Serious Illness, Surgeries and Serious Injury.

Glitter-world Medicine for Bionics.

Herbal Medicine for Less than Serious Illness and Intermediate Injury.

Add bandages for bleeding,cuts,scrapes and bruises.

Give Medical Treatment a priority system so the guy with two bruises doesn't get treated before the one with two arms shot off.
I remain Vigilant.

kasimirtlw

Not sure if somebody upped these idea's already but here is my try

- Lamps with proximity sensor . if somebody is in the room the lights go on else they are off
-let 2 ppl sleep in the big beds instead of a singel person: Spark some romance :)
-in the same line let them have kids
- increase the number of tasks in the production stations: 
        art- make statue, make painting, make book / poem, make drawing ,make song ,make music
        tailoring- make dress , make winter clothing , lasso ,whip
        cooking - Make drinks   (would mean we need water production and some kind of herbs add perhaps sugar crops), brew beer, make alcohol
-robot workshop  to build menial bots  ( cleaning bot , cutting bot, food processer to increase meal making,patol drone)
-bath / shower
-wheelburrow to help carry capacity off colonists
-Birds to fill the skies
-livestock (herd animals and breed them)
-genetics lab to increase better herd
-plow to increase growing plants
-lamps for outside to give light to a courtyard
-fishing  (add river or lakes could also be used to provide for drinks)
-watchtower
-radio to make music in the rooms
-a rack for clothes like the weapons
-practice range  to increase stats or teach to help others become better
-a shrink seat bed to help colonist lose negative traits same chances as convincing a prisoner :) build on social skill
-domesticate animals to get guard dogs or cats to kill the rabid squirrels or as pets to increase  the comfort level of the surrounding colony

Thats it for now  :) I hope there is some usefull stuff in there :)

ChuggingClorox

a few ideas

*entertainment/comfort stuff for the colonists (tvs,couch,pooltable, etc)
*different layers to a map so you can build upper floors and basements and so you can mine for materials and whatnot underground and maybe have enemys that can come up from underground layers (that one probably isnt simple lol)
*more defense options

Nasikabatrachus

I have a few suggestions for streamlining use of the architect dialog.

1. Make hotkeys available to toggle the various tabs, with Orders, Zones, Structure, and Power assigned keys by default.

2. To prevent conflicts, these hotkeys should only work when a tab isn't open. This way, if the E key opened the Furniture tab, it wouldn't both rotate a bed and open/close the tab.

3. The tab button should close a category tab when it's open.

Basically, I want to be able to switch between setting down power conduits and walls without having to move the mouse across the screen and focusing on opening and closing tabs.

Also, I think it would make a lot of sense if there were a neurotrainer-style item that could repair brain damage. If nanites can be injected into your brain to make you learn something instantaneously, surely they could also be made to heal lesions. There might also be an "increase overall learning speed" variant of neurotrainer along the same lines.

Omenpapa

Suggestion: full random start (random crew, random world/colony position)
Reasoning: I'm pretty sure im not alone who is like to have the "best" starting group, then spend waaay too much time with spamming that random button, then after 10-20 mins(no joke) on the starting screen, i finally get to the world map and waste another 5 mins at least to figure out where i wanna start out. Having choices is nice usually, but having too much choices can hurt the fun part.

mega

Put any living object into cryosleep chamber.

Option to harvest all organs.

Add eyes, skin to the list of harvest able organs.

Alphabetize all lists.

Fog of war on the map.

Symbols by people's heads showing what task they are doing.

Option to cycle through characters when looking at their details.

Ink.

The sub-option for determining what to do with rotted vs regular corpses.

If I want to cremate all rotted corpses, I can't make that distinction so I have to watch and essentially forbid the cremation of the non-rotted ones until cremation is done. Then suspend it, then unforbid them.