[1.2] Apparello v2.2.2 Dawn of newer deluxier edition [02/03/2021]

Started by Shinzy, July 30, 2014, 08:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viceroy

The man is made out of pure awesome, and menaces with spikes of cool.
Dog goes moo!

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Shinzy on August 20, 2014, 11:44:26 AM
As for the baldness, I fear it's too deep rooted in their genes

Heh, "deep-rooted baldness". Maybe the hairs are so deep-rooted they don't actually grow out of the skin?
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

harpuea

There's a bug where each time a faction shows up, Armor Vest spawns at the bottom left of the map. The Colonists often run there all the way there to get it. If you don't pay attention, the colonist either go mad from no rest or hunger, if not shot by the enemy they run into.

Edit:

The most convenient thing to do is to uncheck Armor Vest from your stock pile.

Shinzy

Edit! Minor Teaser! =P

Quote from: harpuea on August 21, 2014, 12:21:51 AM
There's a bug where each time a faction shows up, Armor Vest spawns at the bottom left of the map. The Colonists often run there all the way there to get it. If you don't pay attention, the colonist either go mad from no rest or hunger, if not shot by the enemy they run into.

Oh, thanks! (and sorry!) I had some armor vests pop up down there on my game aswell
but I had no idea why, I'll try to fix this as soon as I can, But meanwhile! I hope remembering to forbid them isn't too big trouble *ashamed*

Edit: I'm big a dumbo =P I had set the brocade vest and stablehand trousers being possible to spawn same time with the armor vest and cause they share the same layer they toss the armor vest off in favour of the *obviously* more stylish choice ::)

Edit 2: Also, thanks again finding this! =P there's probably been ghastly armor vests spawn in the bottom corner ever since I added those two items in the mod! (oops)
There's usually mountains there so nobody might have just not noticed it happening

It'll be fixed for the next update but if you're crafty enough (and logged in)
you can download the .xml file I have attached in this post
and replace the Western_Apparel.xml with this one in the
Apparello/Defs/ThingDefs folder

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

superpirson

Quote from: Shinzy on August 21, 2014, 03:46:50 AM
Oh, thanks! (and sorry!) I had some armor vests pop up down there on my game aswell
but I had no idea why, I'll try to fix this as soon as I can, But meanwhile! I hope remembering to forbid them isn't too big trouble *ashamed*
-snip-
wait, this is a bug from your mod? please do tell how you caused this bug, as a coder I am extremely confused how this bug could possibly be caused by your mod. how did you fix it?
specs: mid2009 MBP OSX 10.9.3 NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB

Shinzy

Quote from: superpirson on August 22, 2014, 03:23:20 PM
wait, this is a bug from your mod? please do tell how you caused this bug, as a coder I am extremely confused how this bug could possibly be caused by your mod. how did you fix it?

Oh it was just 'chain reaction' caused by me being dumbo
Basically the core game Pawn outfits are picked by tags the apparels have
<PawnOutfitDef>
<defName>BasicShirtAndVest</defName>
<apparelTags>
<li>BasicShirt</li>
<li>ArmorVest</li>
<li>Jacket</li>
</apparelTags>
</PawnOutfitDef>

Like so. Now I had two Middle layer apparel, Brocade vest and suspenders
and their tag was 'Jacket' while the Armor vest - which is also Middle layer item - has the 'ArmorVest' Tag
so pawns could spawn with two middle layer items in which case the other one gets thrown out to the bottom right edge

I just changed the tags to 'ArmorVest' to fix it
So nothing too fascinating! sorry =P

Edit: So really there wasn't anything wrong with the mod! The modder's just stupid ;D

superpirson

Ahh, I see now! I was wondering how the heck this could be caused by you! thank you!
specs: mid2009 MBP OSX 10.9.3 NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB

Shinzy

Right Ho everbody! Time for small update!
6 new hats (I believe) most of them shamelessly taken from other games and refitted into Rimworld universe. A Tribal shield and compatibility sort of thing with Superpirson's Trap mod.

Also everybody pat Viperlol on the back for me! He sent me very stylish Gasmask to use (Textures of a gasmask, that is)

Edit: The 'infiltrator headgear' (Or Master Yi's helmet) May be revisited laterer, don't get too attached to it yet!

harpuea

Cool update!

Requesting a variety of Asian Apparels and Hats.

Firefly the TV series, one of the inspiration of Rimworld, had a lot of Asian reference. They even mixed mandarin in their language. I thought it would fit the nature of this game.

Shinzy

Quote from: harpuea on August 23, 2014, 01:15:07 PM
Cool update!

Requesting a variety of Asian Apparels and Hats.

Firefly the TV series, one of the inspiration of Rimworld, had a lot of Asian reference. They even mixed mandarin in their language. I thought it would fit the nature of this game.

I'll plop those on my list! (It's a really, really long one) Hadn't really thought of asian apparel! Aside from the basic chinese straw hat which doesn't really cut it =P I'll think of something silky with embroidery

if you had anything specific in mind pictures would be sweet!

Ykara

That's definitely one of the best mods for Rimworld I've ever downloaded. It adds so much color and variety to the game. But is there a way not to change the faces of the tribal people? I dont really like all the tatoos or whatever it is on their faces.

Viceroy

Dog goes moo!

ZangetsuWolf

Love love love the Tali mask from Mass Effect <3
Keep up the good work ^_^

Shinzy

Quote from: Ykara on August 23, 2014, 05:44:48 PM
That's definitely one of the best mods for Rimworld I've ever downloaded. It adds so much color and variety to the game. But is there a way not to change the faces of the tribal people? I dont really like all the tatoos or whatever it is on their faces.

Aye! you sure can remove them, Just locate the right folder in Mods/Apparello/Defs/HairDefs and delete the HairsTribal.xml
Edit: OH actually don't do that, if your current game has any pawns with the tattoos it'll freak out
I'll attach you some base texture hair textures in this post to replace them with in a second

Edit2: Allright! Download the .zip (need to log in to see the attachment) and replace the textures in 'Apparello/Textures/Hairs' with these ones, Or just copy paste any of the other hairs and replace the undesired ones with those!

Edit3: Ooor you could even open the HairsTribal.xml with any text editor, like notepadfollowing
      <hairTags>
         <li>Tribal</li>
      </hairTags>

and change the word 'Tribal' in between the <li> things to any sort of gibberish, in which case any existing tattoo faces will remain in your game but there won't be more of them spawning in the future. You got options! just saying =P

I'll try to keep any future hairs separate from this, cause you can't just unequip them and toss into the crematorium if you don't fancy how they look.. ..I mean you could if you shoot them cupla times first ;D

I can't blame you for not liking them =P They can look a bit messy to some, Ill probably have to make a new faction in the future (as an optional/separate mod) for the tribals so I can set their outfits better, too =P as they can only spawn with single piece of apparel and won't use any headgear by default. I'll move the tattoos in that aswell

And I love the tali mask too, Zangetsu!

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]