[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

skyarkhangel

Quote from: winowmak3r on February 23, 2016, 05:13:14 PM
I'm getting some very long load times using this pack, even after the first time loading. Clicking on the "mods" button in the main menu also takes a very long time to load too. When I say "long time" I'm talking around 30min+ to start the game and ~10min or so to access the mods menu. Is this normal? If not, do you have any idea what's going on? From searching around on the forums I saw that there was a bug with Unity's image loading code where it would only read 1 file ever 3 seconds which could lead to long load times in modded scenarios but that was almost a year ago and back in A10. I'm using A12d (Version 0.12.914 rev777) of Rimworld.

I've played the Ultimate Overhaul Pack before on Rimworld and it would take about 15min to load up for the first time but after that it was always less than 5min or so and accessing the mods menu was basically instant. The only thing that's changed on my PC is the amount of RAM. I upgraded from 8GB to 32GB, so if anything it should be faster!

Here are my specs in case you need them: AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4Ghz processor and a GeForce 660 with 32GB of RAM running Windows 7. I can provide more if it would help figure out what's going on.

The long load times are just killing any motivation I have to play with the pack which is a shame because it looks like it'd be a lot of fun!

EDIT: Come to find it's an issue with Unity and Himachi...Don't know how that works out but disabling the Himachi Network seems to have fixed it. Such an odd bug.

Yes. Need to switch off Hamachi:)

yukkuri

Please tell me how to make advanced mechanism.
I researched all project,but I couldn't find "Lathe" in Hi-tech.
Is this Electric Assembling Workbench?

Masquerine

Quote from: yukkuri on February 25, 2016, 04:27:53 AM
Please tell me how to make advanced mechanism.
I researched all project,but I couldn't find "Lathe" in Hi-tech.
Is this Electric Assembling Workbench?
Yes it is. That bench was renamed to follow the pattern of other benches. So you go from Assembling Bench to Electric Assembling Bench like you would the Hand Sawmill to Electric Sawmill. The description probably didn't get changed on that yet. Will fix.

Zaraky

Started a game with  steel pickaxe, as my colonist equip them, they will just be standing there if there`s nothing to mine. If there is something to attack nearby, they will automatically target and attack them with the pickaxe.

Is this normal or a weird bug I just came across?

xwat

Quote from: Zaraky on February 25, 2016, 01:47:45 PM
Started a game with  steel pickaxe, as my colonist equip them, they will just be standing there if there`s nothing to mine. If there is something to attack nearby, they will automatically target and attack them with the pickaxe.

Which version of the modpack are you running? 2.4d or the one from github?

Masquerine

Sounds like part of the "defend home area" feature Sky added not long ago. When colonists are given melee weapons, any hostile thing that enters a "home zone" can be automatically attacked and defended against. So things like flies and mosquitoes will automatically be killed instead of having to manually designate them to be killed. Helps prevent the hunter friendly fire incidents too.

It seems to be working correctly. I gave mine some pickaxes and mining orders. They did that and when done, I made stockpile. They were moving things until some mosquitoes interrupted and wandered into the home area, where all 3 colonists proceeded to pickaxe the mosquitoes to death. After that they went back to working.

Crusender

Quote from: Masquerine on February 25, 2016, 02:06:01 PM

they only go to atk mode whit melee if they are hunter priority, and watch out (2.5) if colonist become dazed the hunter will go kill them.

If colonist are in standing mode you need check dev log for see the job creating the bug has it overflow job task and making the colonist not moving.
Sounds like part of the "defend home area" feature Sky added not long ago. When colonists are given melee weapons, any hostile thing that enters a "home zone" can be automatically attacked and defended against. So things like flies and mosquitoes will automatically be killed instead of having to manually designate them to be killed. Helps prevent the hunter friendly fire incidents too.

It seems to be working correctly. I gave mine some pickaxes and mining orders. They did that and when done, I made stockpile. They were moving things until some mosquitoes interrupted and wandered into the home area, where all 3 colonists proceeded to pickaxe the mosquitoes to death. After that they went back to working.

SAPH666

Riun

Rubber is being made at the petrochemical plant (requires an oil extracotor).

The "help" button on the bottom right lets you search for "rubber" (and nearly everything else) to show you were its made, which research is necessary and which materials are used.

With one exception: Where do I make ash?

Killaim

Quote from: Riun on February 27, 2016, 07:08:33 AM
Rubber is being made at the petrochemical plant (requires an oil extracotor).

The "help" button on the bottom right lets you search for "rubber" (and nearly everything else) to show you were its made, which research is necessary and which materials are used.

With one exception: Where do I make ash?

either make a log fire (tempoary) and burn stuff in there.
or make a crematorium - burn stuff and bodies for ash.

Dacksi

Good day, I Apologize in advance for my spelling. I am German and use Google translator.

I use a Oil Extractor, but this does not promote oeil more and I can tear him not. HAt someone to get close again to Oil a tip for me. the oil field'd me still displayed.

Thanks in advance.

Crusender

Quote from: Dacksi on February 27, 2016, 12:36:26 PM
Good day, I Apologize in advance for my spelling. I am German and use Google translator.

I use a Oil Extractor, but this does not promote oeil more and I can tear him not. HAt someone to get close again to Oil a tip for me. the oil field'd me still displayed.

Thanks in advance.
destruct the Oil extractor then you can drill it again, and build a new one after, it reset is timer.

Dacksi

Thanks for the suggestion, but I can not him Destruct. I can switch on and off and power supply it only :(

angrybold

guys im having trouble with my fishes
trouble being that i cannot get any food out of butchering them
it just butchers them, they disappear, nothing comes out
help pls :(
Lennard

Haxecutor

Hi Folks,

My colonists won't interact with the Assembling Workbench. I have all the necessary resources but they won't make spare parts. If I order them manually to do so it says that I don't have the necessary resources. Argh!

Does anybody have an idea what to do? :)