[1.0-1.4] Early Times mod

Started by vovik, February 22, 2020, 08:55:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vovik

Quote from: CyberianK on March 13, 2020, 02:56:46 PM
The Stone Quarry can only give a single type of stone right? In my map only Granite everywhere.

Thought in original Medieval Times it was multiples types. Maybe I am doing something wrong.
It gives out randomly from availiable stones, also you may dig out some minerals. You seem to be expiriencing lack of random - i will look into that.
Currently im busy with implementing animal and rearmable traps properly. Also with my younger brother who isnt bored with shitty multiplayer games yet. Yet.
Nun liebe Kinder gebt fein acht
Ich bin die Stimme aus dem Leere
Ich hab euch etwas mitgebracht
Ein heller Schein am Firmament
Mein Herz brennt

CyberianK

As the mod requires the "simple coal" mod there is lots of "Coal Chunks" everywhere. I can't seem to get rid of the coal as its not really used in anything. The other recipes and buildings you added can usually only use "Charcoal".

Coal Chunks seem to be usable for refueling but the pawns still use wood for that primarily is there some way to prioritize Coal Chunks for that? Maybe if there was a seperate work type for refueling with Coal Chunks that you could give seperate priority but if that requires changing the items that might be too unpractical.

vovik

Quote from: CyberianK on March 14, 2020, 05:32:10 AM
Maybe if there was a seperate work type for refueling with Coal Chunks that you could give seperate priority but if that requires changing the items that might be too unpractical.
Put wood in separate place and dissalow that place for yor hauler for the time being. I will change wood used to coal solely instead after im done with this update.
Mein Herz brennt

vovik

Quote from: CyberianK on March 13, 2020, 02:56:46 PM
Can't remember medieval raiders having Advanced Mortars and Artillery in the old Medieval Times:
Excuse me, i havent tested that with advanced mortars O_o. And im yet to make siedge at all. Will disable for the time being.

p.s. ookay, i looked into code - siedge weapons are constructed without regard for tech level for any siedge. Well, i will need to patch that and do quite some coding to make a proper medieval siege.
Mein Herz brennt

Hydromancerx

@vovik

Both ZARS Tribalism and Tribal Instruments got an update to 1.1 recently. Though you might want to be aware for compatibility and synergy.

vovik

Bump: not dead, it takes time to implement properly.
Mein Herz brennt

Rudo

I've uploaded a stable version to steam for you.

URL if you're interested: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2025987215

vovik

Thanks, i will make an update in a few days.
Mein Herz brennt

vovik

21/03/2020
-added a lot more primitive stuff
-changed research
-added animal traps
-siege is temporary disabled for medieval factions
-jerked meats are now usable as cooking ingridient
-quarry gives stones properly now
-raw psychoid and smokeleaf are now drugs
-coal changes -> used mostly for heavy machinery and smithing
-slight vegetable garden patches to prevent errors
Mein Herz brennt

lordqarlyn

Great job on the mod, and many thanks for picking it up for 1.1!

Any possibility that you could put in the coal powered generator like the MT mod had? It's really handy since wood can be scarce in some of the games, wind and solar sporadic. Thanks!

vovik

Quote from: lordqarlyn on March 22, 2020, 01:20:14 PM
Any possibility that you could put in the coal powered generator like the MT mod had? It's really handy since wood can be scarce in some of the games, wind and solar sporadic. Thanks!

Wood-fired generator now uses coal instead. I did not rename it and did not state it in description - its meaningless for now when i rush to complete scheduled features. It will be done later on polishing.
Mein Herz brennt

lordqarlyn

Quote from: vovik on March 22, 2020, 02:56:11 PM
Quote from: lordqarlyn on March 22, 2020, 01:20:14 PM

Wood-fired generator now uses coal instead. I did not rename it and did not state it in description - its meaningless for now when i rush to complete scheduled features. It will be done later on polishing.
Awesome! Thanks man!

vovik

22/03/2020
- more integrations
- remove shovel
- clay pit now can be properly placed
Mein Herz brennt

Rudo

Hey Vovik, I'll work on getting this update on steam. Would you mind putting a .txt in the mod documenting all the changes as you go so I can check for grammar etc. I'd appreciate it :)

Canute

I suggest to put the all the update notes at the first posting into a [ code] block
then it looks like
Updates:
1.0.1 - fixed placing of clay pit in 1.1
02/03/2020
  - Added raw clay bricks that dry to dry clay bricks.
  - Increased ice creation speed for ice creation staion
  - Decreased ice consumption rate of freezer box
05/03/2020
  -integration with quarry
  -buffed books 4x
  -patched emrasures for combat extended
07/03/2020
-added early religions
-religion symbols now have their effects(If you worship god of random - rest in pieces. Or not.)
  -totems are just used to pray at, have fixed chance to remove negative thoughts
  -random god may trigger random storyteller event (or not)
  -creator praying may restore missing body parts (i should add disease healing also)
  -pang li heals injuries, does not heal them fully (only obtainable through rewards)
-added tech tree changes and descriptions by Rudo
08/03/2020
-RF bridges integration
22/03/2020
-added a lot more primitive stuff
-changed research
-added animal traps
-raw smokeleaf and psychoid are now proper drugs (requires fresh start)
-siege is temporary disabled for medieval factions
-quarry gives stones properly now
-coal is used mostly for heavy machinery
-slight vegetable garden patches to prevent errors
-doors expanded support
-more integrations
-removed shovel
-clay pit now can be properly placed