[1.0] Mend And Recycle

Started by notfood, August 06, 2016, 09:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primal Lord

Quote from: notfood on December 25, 2016, 10:20:42 PM
You are using A15 version for A16. A16's version is only available in github right now.

actually i figured out i somehow deleted a file (had an empty recipe folder) to get that error, redownloaded from github and i have a new error, something about...Could not load reference to Verse.SpecialThingFilterDef named AllowUnroofed

sorry for the trouble >.<
re:edit: Yup, ok, problems on my end somewhere i'm thinking, just ignore me for now, probably modified something i shouldn't have somewhere

Primal Lord

Edit: Solved whatever the problem was, used a registry and junk file cleaner and now the errors are gone and everything works now! And sir let me tell you, for 5 and a half hours of trying to figure out what the heck was wrong..... your mod is completely worth it   :D

notfood

I don't understand what went wrong there.

Primal Lord

Quote from: notfood on December 26, 2016, 02:40:22 AM
I don't understand what went wrong there.

The most likely thing i can think of was there was a left over registry file from A15 being loaded, it also solved a minor error i had with glitterworld and the loading time for the mods has drastically improved, i just thank you for the mod and for putting up with me here :p

asquirrel

Wondering if someone could help me with this.  I had installed mending regular (with the kits).  I then disabled it and then closed the game. Then I removed the regular mending mod.  Then I put the simple mending mod in my riimworld directory.  Then I activated that mod.  I tried putting it at the bottom of my list and got some kind of conflict which says something about the mending kit.  Then I started a new game.  Still got tons of errors about the mending kit and my pawns are stuck in some kind of a loop.  What do I do to completely clean the mending kit thing out and then reinstall it?  I seem to recall someone talking about deleting some configuration files in the c:\windows\locallow\rimworld directory but don't remember the specifics of it.  If someone could steer me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.  I'm running like 30+ mods right now and getting many yellow and a few red errors as it it, but the game was at least running.  I think I just screwed it up by installing two versions of the mending mod.  Thanks! :)

notfood

You have to erase the mending folder when you switch between regular and easymode or this sort of things happen.

Pichu0102

This is more personal taste but the barcode like strip on the recycle table is really unpleasant to look at, especially if you build it vertically instead of horizontally. Really distracting. I removed it since I'll just sell the bad equipment anyways, but just wanted to give some feedback on it. Thanks for the rest of the mod though, it works well!

asquirrel

Quote from: notfood on December 26, 2016, 03:56:55 AM
You have to erase the mending folder when you switch between regular and easymode or this sort of things happen.

I thought I deleted the mending folder in the mod folder but I'll do it again and see what happens.  Is there anything else I need do to other than delete that mod folder, extract the easymode mending into its' new folder in the mod folder, and then enable it in Rimworld?  I'll keep you folks posted.  Thanks Notfood for the help! :)

teslatrooper

So is there a Alpha 16 Version to download for this mod? If so, can you update the front page of this mod to Alpha 16. I keep getting the problem where after a while, hauling stone chunk would cause the error that says it originate from the mending mod file. I'm using the alpha 16 mod from github. I have no clue how to fix it.

notfood

Update the alpha from github. That error is fixed already. Install Safe Inside if you want to load your old save.

MoiisAwesome

So, only release of easy mode mending of a16 mending on github, it looks like?

notfood

If you download the source, it comes with the compiled dll and the xml for normal mode. You'll just have a warning on start about missing MFO (Override.Def), install MFO to solve but it's optional as Mending kits can be made in the electric tailoring bench.

hiroqantagonist

Quote from: solvarg on December 25, 2016, 08:33:49 PM
Quote from: Pepelnica1488 on December 25, 2016, 06:52:17 AM
this mod is bugged, any food has been gone on cooking if it mod activated

I had the same problem, reproducible with just this mod activated; meals and harvests would disappear upon creation, corpses would think no stockpile was designated for them.

Just delete the mod and download the newest version, that fixed it for me.

So I'm having that last issue using the A16 easy version; none of my stockpiles that I definitely have configured for corpses of every kind register. I also had an issue with cooking bills not being able to be done. The cooking process would go fine, then at the end there'd just be nothing. It managed to fix itself somehow (so far) but I deleted the mod folder completely, redownloaded, and dropped the folder back in and I still can't stock corpses. Anyone have an idea?

Pichu0102

Do the chances of failure and destroying an item scale down with the worker's craft skill? I was thinking of inverting the chances so legendary items are easier to mess up and destroy than shoddy items, but making it happen less if the worker is skilled.

FoxXeL

Does the failure chance apply to the easy mode also? Is there a chance that reduces the item's quality while mending? Can you make it so none of these two apply to the easy-mode version of the mod, please?