[A16] Better Pathfinding (v1.5.2 update 2/22)

Started by Zhentar, October 02, 2016, 07:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zhentar

That makes absolutely no sense, but I'll check it out and see if I can find anything.

steenhole

Thank you for a fantastic mod.  It is the only mod I use, and has improved my gameplay experience.

I've observed what may be an unintended consequence.  Many issues with hauling, mostly on large maps have improved.  I've been experimenting with field size, placement of storage areas, and manipulating priorities to get more efficient hauling, and have achieved some good results.  I still needed to manually adjust work priorities, and force hauling now and then using my methods.  After installing your mod, I was shocked to find the fields cleared after the last harvest without me doing anything.  (I was busy micromanaging an infestation.)

MikeExp

Litcube

There's an issue with what I can only guess is "fast colonists".

One of my colonists, Peter, has a lot of bionics that puts him at 260% move speed.  I'd tell Peter to inject some Gojuice, and Peter would.  But as soon as Peter did, the game would lock up.  Not crash, just freeze completely.  No output.txt addendums.  Fuck, Peter.

So I looked into it, and had a hunch it might be this mod.  The only thing I did was disable it and try again, and boom, no lockup.  I tried it again with the mod enabled again, and lock up.

Other colonists who aren't nearly as fast as Peter can gojuice all they want with your mod no problem.

Gojuice puts Peter at 290%.

EldVarg

Quote from: MikeExp on November 06, 2016, 04:26:33 PM
Breaks the hospitality mod.

Ah that might be why my traders flag always disappears and why visitors stop going to correct room.

Zhentar

Quote from: Litcube on November 06, 2016, 04:51:31 PM
There's an issue with what I can only guess is "fast colonists".

One of my colonists, Peter, has a lot of bionics that puts him at 260% move speed.  I'd tell Peter to inject some Gojuice, and Peter would.  But as soon as Peter did, the game would lock up.  Not crash, just freeze completely.  No output.txt addendums.  Fuck, Peter.

Do you have a floor mod that makes colonists move faster? Try the 1.3 release candidate I posted a page back.

For Hospitality, can you be more specific about how it breaks? I haven't played with it so it will be difficult for me to reproduce any issues.

MikeExp

NPCs normally have an additional tab where you can edit settings like whether to try to recruit them or not and stuff. This tab is completely missing. Also they choose the wrong room as guest room, not the one with the guest beds but my diningroom.

Dave-In-Texas

Quote from: MikeExp on November 07, 2016, 01:07:09 AM
NPCs normally have an additional tab where you can edit settings like whether to try to recruit them or not and stuff. This tab is completely missing. Also they choose the wrong room as guest room, not the one with the guest beds but my diningroom.

I'm glad to report that I don't have this issue :)

Alenerel

With this mod, do raiders will fall into paths of traps and killboxes? Or they will just try to dig? I mean, when they arent sappers.

Could you release it on steam? For lazy people.

Canute

Raiders remember traps and dangerous areas by default when you let them escape, then they avoid them at the next attack.
Same with the digging, it is an anti imprision code.

The mod just let people take a faster way to the destination.

faltonico

Quote from: EldVarg on November 06, 2016, 06:29:55 PM
Quote from: MikeExp on November 06, 2016, 04:26:33 PM
Breaks the hospitality mod.

Ah that might be why my traders flag always disappears and why visitors stop going to correct room.
I had Hospitality with this mod (and many others), and that never happened to me.

skullywag

Load order maybe? you guys with it working...you running pathfinding after or before Hospitality?
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Seinne

I had Hospitality long before this, and it was high in the order, yours near the bottom, I had no issues with it. W

faltonico

Quote from: skullywag on November 08, 2016, 07:10:10 AM
Load order maybe? you guys with it working...you running pathfinding after or before Hospitality?
I had Hospitality almost at the very bottom.