Is there an option to REMOVE gay/trans from the character randomizer?

Started by rimworldr, May 25, 2016, 03:40:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rimworldr

Hello everyone.

I'm just curious if there is some way to remove the 'non binary' sexualities from the character randomizer for the game. I'd just like the option to remove particular traits from the trait pool. Is there any way to do it manually should the option not exist? perhaps a mod?

Thank you.

b0rsuk

Why would you do that ? You can just kill them if you don't like them so much.

There IS a way, but it involves programming. Time to release your Prude Mod!

rimworldr

Quote from: b0rsuk on May 25, 2016, 03:46:32 PM
Why would you do that ? You can just kill them if you don't like them so much.

There IS a way, but it involves programming. Time to release your Prude Mod!

Because
1) having to kill every other prisoner i capture is just demoralizing
2) when I bought this game there wasn't anything like this in it, and being a christian I am disappointed that my money went to support something I can no longer support
3) for those of us who don't agree with the 'alternative' lifestyle/ don't appreciate the gay/trans/bi propaganda being shoved down our throats, going through character creation can lead to an endless string of [randomize] clicks just to make a 3 person team.

If anyone knows how you would code this stuff out, or what file I'd have to edit in order to remove the choices from the trait pool, I'd appreciate it.

Shinzy

in the mod folder go to Core/Defs/TraitDefs
open the Traits_Singular.xml with notepad

find the trait you want and adjust the commonality value

rimworldr

Quote from: Shinzy on May 25, 2016, 06:42:41 PM
in the mod folder go to Core/Defs/TraitDefs
open the Traits_Singular.xml with notepad

find the trait you want and adjust the commonality value

you are an absolute LEGEND! thank you sir!

Songleaves

Quote from: rimworldr on May 25, 2016, 06:17:29 PM
2) when I bought this game there wasn't anything like this in it, and being a christian I am disappointed that my money went to support something I can no longer support

I'm just confused by this sentiment. I don't support psychopathy, but I'm not upset at the game including psychopaths. The inclusion of gay people isn't a political statement, so much as a reflection of the fact that there are gay people IRL.

Dragonoftherim

why did you tell him anything? let him deal with the fact that he doesn't live in his own little world where people bend their lives to his whim. deal with it there are people who like the same sex and if you don't like it you can go hide in your little church with your little god and pray until your stomach consumes itself. good riddance too 
Space the final... what do you mean no FTL? screw that ain't  no one freezing my butt
-Dragonoftherim

Songleaves

Probably because it's just a game and they can play it however they like Dragonoftherim. I would've told him as well if Shinzy hadn't.

rimworldr

Quote from: Songleaves on May 25, 2016, 09:31:34 PM
Probably because it's just a game and they can play it however they like Dragonoftherim. I would've told him as well if Shinzy hadn't.
Thank you for understanding! Dragon's attitude is part of that propaganda mentality that is pervasive in our society today. 'You don't agree with what I like, I'll FORCE you to accept it.'

yeah...

Anyway I was wondering if there is any way to get rid of the transgender flavor text in the character description as well? The whole character story of 'didn't feel X so they bought themselves a new body' kind of thing. I can't count how many times I've been randomizing through characters to start a base, found Exactly the type of character I wanted, traits and all, only to find that 'she' is not really a she but a HE. Are there any ways to alter existing character traits/bios/stats through editing a file? like a character trainer? I don't want to cheat, just make my own play experience more enjoyable.

I  have an old settlement I'd like to fix the characters of.

b0rsuk

I love the double standards here. The game has backgrounds like organ farmer, slave trader, sex slave, vatgrown soldier, criminal turned politician, assassin, mercenary, torturer, rebel, pirate, brigand, pickpocket, gangster, alcoholic, hillbilly, gun kid, war child, crime lord, thief, raider, courtesan... but non-heterosexuals are the only ones that must be removed.

JimmyAgnt007

For the record I'm Roman Catholic and have no issues with gay people or trans people.  The problem is that people still think its a 'choice' people make instead of how their brains are wired, chromosomes are configured, and/or a bunch of other things you need a PHD to fully understand.  It's not a matter of anyone trying to force an opinion or propaganda.  It is a thing that exists and happens to be included in the game.  I dont condone murder or eating people but that doesnt stop me from doing it in a game.  I just dont do it in real life(honestly). It wasnt in the game before because no relationships were in the game before.  When you include things like relationships they have to include all the different dynamics that exist.  If Tynan was trying to push an agenda hed make it so you HAD to have someone who was gay.  Or some other nonsense.  Hes not doing that. 

Aside from that I do agree that you should tweak the game to suit your desires.  If only to keep you from pushing your opinions on us.  Personally I don't appreciate the ANTI-gay/trans/bi propaganda being shoved down our throats by people who dont understand its a matter of biology and not choice.

I get that you wont agree with me, dont need to start an argument, just wanted to speak my piece.  You got your answer, now crawl back under your rock of ignorance and let the rest of us live in peace.

milon

The question has been answered, and the thread is going off topic.  Use the Off Topic forum for off topic discussions please - and keep it level headed.  I really hate exercising the "heavier" mod powers.

I'm pre-emptively locking this thread so I don't have to warn/barn anyone.