RimWorld change log

Started by Tynan, May 02, 2014, 01:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OpposingForces

@Tynan: I assume that the view 4 means we'll be able to rotate the view?
on a side note i'm not liking the change to wood. can't put my finger on why though.
No one can hear you scream in space. But the Raiders get a chuckle from you screaming while a boomrat eats you.

Dr. Z

Quote from: FroBodine on June 13, 2014, 05:02:52 PM
New guy here about to buy the game tonight after work.  Generall, how soon after you post stuff in the changelog do we get the updated versions?  Is it the same day, next day, else . . . ?

It's not that there are little updates every few days, but new Alphas every 2-4 months (guessed), which always bring some big changes. Assuming Alpha 4 was released not long ago the next update will come out in a few months (maybe August?).
Prasie the Squirrel!

Neone

Quote from: FroBodine on June 13, 2014, 05:02:52 PM
New guy here about to buy the game tonight after work.  Generall, how soon after you post stuff in the changelog do we get the updated versions?  Is it the same day, next day, else . . . ?

Depends ;) New version is released about each 2 months, and Alpha 4 was released just few weeks ago.

FroBodine

Ok, cool.  So, as a new player should I get the game now, or wait?  I keep reading that it has become too difficult with the overpowering raids.  Is it super unbalanced right now, or is it still fun and very playable?

absentminded

The bit I like the sound of the most is probably cabin fever weirdly, I keep having trouble motivating myself to build townships over bunkers and that little extra push would keep the game fun over safe.
  The ship sounds brilliant too though. Maybe it could be an optional end-game, beyond how it's already optional, I mean even doing it wouldn't necessarily end things if maybe your converted tribals or someone didn't want to go, so your survivors, ex-pirates and space refugees would get in the ship and head off but you could choose to stay behind with the ex-tribals or etc.

Quote from: FroBodine on June 13, 2014, 08:13:33 PM
Ok, cool.  So, as a new player should I get the game now, or wait?  I keep reading that it has become too difficult with the overpowering raids.  Is it super unbalanced right now, or is it still fun and very playable?

I started on this version and it seems well balanced. There's a friendly mode anyway, but on classic it's not noticeable hard until quite far in when it ought to be.
I'd definitely recommend getting it now over waiting.

FroBodine

Thanks absentminded!  I'm in.

Untrustedlife

Quote from: OpposingForces on June 13, 2014, 06:03:55 PM
@Tynan: I assume that the view 4 means we'll be able to rotate the view?
on a side note i'm not liking the change to wood. can't put my finger on why though.

Because it doesn't feel right perhaps? I t will be re-added in the future i believe....
So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

Plunkett

I love the updates the past few days: encouraging villages (outside) and also yesterday's!

QuoteReworked starting equipment so it now comes in your drop pods. Added alerts for making starting stockpiles, unforbidding starting resources, and taking starting weapons. Starting beds removed.
Architect panel shows names of needed resources and offers an info window about the construction you’re considering.

Certainly improving gameplay, the balance between fixing/balancing and new additions is wonderful to see - something that developers often neglect until the end.

Garen

Game displays time passed as a date with months and years'

so will we arrive on a specific date, or have you changed it so events etc take months?

Astraeus

I just have to say that I can't believe how fast you work on this game. I've bought into several early access titles, and this is easily the fastest evolving one. Every time you release a new version, it's like Christmas has come early. Love it, Tynan!

Dr. Z

QuoteCreated bad thought for being naked.

So I assume there will be a clothing system.
Prasie the Squirrel!

absentminded

Good grief, it updates multiple times on the same day!
That's brilliant, but oh the poor tribals will be so sad now, not naked because they want to be anymore.

drb89

Quote from: Dr. Z on June 16, 2014, 11:34:58 AM

Too bad. I was really looking forward to the nudist colonies. Now it's all going to be crazy naked people :-\

Garen

sounds like someone is making a tailor's bench/sewing machine.
finally artistry could have a use!

conquestor

Quote from: drb89 on June 16, 2014, 11:47:52 AM
Quote from: Dr. Z on June 16, 2014, 11:34:58 AM

Too bad. I was really looking forward to the nudist colonies. Now it's all going to be crazy naked people :-\

It's ok. I'm sure you'll get the carpet bonus after a few weeks.

(I actually finished my registration just to post this).