Trade Ships for Noone

Started by SurvivoroftheNoobs, November 23, 2016, 01:52:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SurvivoroftheNoobs

Trade ships use to be a thing now it seems like they are gone completely. Its been 4 years and I have yet to see even 1. I know their around I got a few on another game. Is there some way to increase the chance of them spawning in? Something besides a mod would be nice.

jmababa

ArguedPiano

I have a few questions, please bear with me because it may be something simple:

Do you have a Comms Console built someplace that is accessible?
Does the Comms Console have power?
Do you have at least one Orbital Trade Beacon built?
Does your trade beacon have power?

I know they seem few and far between, but 4 years is most definitely too long. I tend to see one every season-ish or so.
The only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down.

Listy

Quote from: SurvivoroftheNoobs on November 23, 2016, 01:52:19 AM
Trade ships use to be a thing now it seems like they are gone completely. Its been 4 years and I have yet to see even 1. I know their around I got a few on another game. Is there some way to increase the chance of them spawning in? Something besides a mod would be nice.

Yeah, they can be extremely rare at times. If not overly rare in the normal story teller. But when I switched to Randy things returned to normal.

If you don't want to do that however. Dev mode> Refresh all trade ships generates 4-5 ships immediately.

jmababa

Quote from: Listy on November 23, 2016, 07:14:27 AM
Quote from: SurvivoroftheNoobs on November 23, 2016, 01:52:19 AM

Yeah, they can be extremely rare at times. If not overly rare in the normal story teller. But when I switched to Randy things returned to normal.

If you don't want to do that however. Dev mode> Refresh all trade ships generates 4-5 ships immediately.

Especially phobe chillax cause as time passes she increases in time between disasters meaning including trade ships

Wanderer_joins

Trade ships are rare, but they are a source of bionics which are rather OP.

Canute

You can get bionics from caravan's too.

ReZpawner

If you manage to take them alive, you can also sometimes get bionics from raiders through surgery.

Wanderer_joins

I mean, it seemed to me trade ships proposed more bionic parts than caravans overall. But i'll check.

Bozobub

That's not surprising.  Trade ships nearly always carry far more stuff; of course they have more of any given trade good, when they carry it, than you are likely to see from overland traders.
Thanks, belgord!