Repairing Clothes

Started by Gonumen, June 16, 2015, 10:16:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gonumen

Hi!
As in topic title, I thought what if there was  a possibility to repair clothes. There would be new bill at tailor's desk and you could set which types of clothes you want your colonists to repair.

It would need the same type of leather as the original clothes in amount of (100% - %HitPointsLeft) * OriginalAmountNeeded + QualityLevel * something
so the higher level of quality the clothes has the higher percentage of hit points left is needed for it to be profitable, e.g. Repairing shoddy clothes would need at least 5% and Legendary at lest 50%.

Also repaired clothes would lose one level of quality so good becomes normal or poor becomes shoddy, but shoddy stays shoddy.

I'm sorry if I have made any mistakes, but english is not my native language.

danjal

The ability to repair or break down clothing (and perhaps other items) and then use some of the reclaimed material for either repairs or new creations/construction seems like an essential thing to have in a colony situation.

Perhaps add in some conditions like the item being "patched" that would either give it a lower max durability or faster decay rate depending on the skill used to patch it.
With the "perfect" result being as good as new. Only once a certain skill requirement is met.

kaptain_kavern

There is a little simple mod that add a mending bench and a new mending job.  Check there : https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10908.0