[1.0]Black Widows(03/21/19) - Killer Amazon Driders from Out of Space and Time~9

Started by zamnath, April 08, 2018, 09:52:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Umbreon117

Huh...Tried to start a new colony with just the Orassan mods, Black Widow mods, and Ni'hal. Everything was fine...Well have fun looking at my 50-ish mods via attachment. -.- (Grumbles about too many modders making too many awesome mods)

Did some (VERY BASIC) testing.
1st: Shooting with a rail pistol (Armory Enhanced) takes out the shield in one hit with no bleed through damage.

2nd: I attempted to replicate the problem i was having. Only things that was changed is that Allow Tool and AvoidFreindlyFire were on this time...Nothing happened. I guess a restart was all that was needed. Though i wish i too a screen shot the instant it happened.

[attachment deleted due to age]
I'll shoot your colonists...After a long nap.

Canute

Umbreon117,
did you notice the hugslib feature "Share Logs" the green button or press CTRL-F12.
These link include modlist and error reports, easy way to share the modlist, much less work then to screenshot the modlist :-)

Umbreon117

Quote from: Canute on April 12, 2018, 01:07:18 PM
Umbreon117,
did you notice the hugslib feature "Share Logs" the green button or press CTRL-F12.
These link include modlist and error reports, easy way to share the modlist, much less work then to screenshot the modlist :-)
I didn't know Hugslib did that bit.  :o Thanks!

zamnath

Alrighty! @Umbreon - I compared your Modslist to the one I use and these are the mods that you have and I don't:

Ni'Hal, Tiberium Rim, Tiberium Rim Factions, Misc. Objects, Misc. Training, Misc. Incidents, Smart Medicine, Research Tree, Hospitality, Soil Enhancement, Slave Outfits, Therapy, Refugee Stats, Room Food, Rimmu-Nation – Camping Stuff, RimFridge, Misc. MapGen Xtension (This one?), Military Furniture, Fluffy Breakdowns, Five Second Rule, ED-ShieldsBasic, ED-EnhancedOptions, Dubs Skylights, Blueprints, Armory Enhanced, [RF] Faction Control, [RF] Basic Bridges, The Birds and the Bees, Avoid Friendly Fire

Of those mods, Misc. MapGen Xtension and Tiberium Rim Factions are the mods that stick out to me as most likely to lead to the kind of error you described. Could you please try disabling those mods and seeing if the error still occurs? If it does, I'm afraid you're going to have to whittle things down some by using the 1/2 method (basically disable 1/2 of the mods on the above list; test to see if the error happens still; if it does -> try the other 1/2; once it doesn't, enable 1/2 of your currently disabled mods and try again; repeat until you've narrowed things down to 1 mod).

Once you've found which of your mods is in conflict, I'll update the "conflicts" page and try to figure out if there's a workaround/method to patch things.

Umbreon117

Right. Currently very tired and irritated due to spending today and a chunk of yesterday on this, so I'm going to make this quick to avoid problems.

Went all the way down to having just Hugs lib, EPOE, Alien Framework, the Pregnancy Addon, This mod, and it's EPOE patch. Same problem. Redownloaded all the above mods, same problem. Restarted my computer, no problem. Dunno wtf happened, don't care. Sorry for the (apparent) false alarm.

Now excuse me while I pass out and hopefully forget this ever happened.

zamnath

Quote from: Umbreon117 on April 13, 2018, 11:39:05 PM
Right. Currently very tired and irritated due to spending today and a chunk of yesterday on this, so I'm going to make this quick to avoid problems.

Went all the way down to having just Hugs lib, EPOE, Alien Framework, the Pregnancy Addon, This mod, and it's EPOE patch. Same problem. Redownloaded all the above mods, same problem. Restarted my computer, no problem. Dunno wtf happened, don't care. Sorry for the (apparent) false alarm.

Oof! That sucks. It's always annoying to try fixing a mod order only to never figure out what was going wrong with it. I've definitely been there. If it happens again, let me know and I'll spend some more time trying to replicate the issue on my end.

Umbreon117

Quote from: zamnath on April 14, 2018, 05:06:24 PM

Oof! That sucks. It's always annoying to try fixing a mod order only to never figure out what was going wrong with it. I've definitely been there. If it happens again, let me know and I'll spend some more time trying to replicate the issue on my end.
If I find a problem, I can guarantee I won't have 50+ mods. That should make it significantly easier to identify the problem.

Also, do you have any plans to make their bodies more..."Spider-like" than they are now? I don't mean look-wise. For example: They are listed as only having two legs, but clearly have more. Not sure how hard this would be, but it would be nice to have that.

zamnath

Quote from: Umbreon117 on April 14, 2018, 07:56:25 PM
Quote from: zamnath on April 14, 2018, 05:06:24 PM

If I find a problem, I can guarantee I won't have 50+ mods. That should make it significantly easier to identify the problem.

Also, do you have any plans to make their bodies more..."Spider-like" than they are now? I don't mean look-wise. For example: They are listed as only having two legs, but clearly have more. Not sure how hard this would be, but it would be nice to have that.

I do indeed. I have an internal list of things I want to include, and that's on it. It's fairly low, though, as it feels like more of an immersion than gameplay thing to me and is fairly time intensive. It'll get done once I have the art assets where I want them, have made sure there aren't any particularly nasty bugs rolling around in the code, and have added a few new items to the mod. I'll set them up with six legs and four arms (each bit contributing an equal amount to the stats two arms/legs normally have) and maybe one or two additional spidery bits like pedipalps and spinnerets (though these last two probably won't do much other than exist, unfortunately).

Also: I've been tweaking the Widows' body outlines! Haven't changed their armor to fit yet, though, as I wanted to see what people thought. The new visuals:

The primary things I did, here, was lift the spider half's torso in side view, beef out those legs that felt too thin/pointy to me in all the views, and try to tweak the secondary arms to make it clearer what they were in front view. What do you guys think? Improved? Things I could tweak?

Call me Arty

Quote from: zamnath on April 15, 2018, 04:24:53 AM
What do you guys think? Improved? Things I could tweak?

I'd say it's improved overall, it looks a lot better! The only things I have qualms about are the belly-buttons/spinnerets and red dots (so, kudos on improving so much that I now only have those of all things to complain about). Both seem a bit too pronounced, like Roadhog's Belly Button. Maybe something along the lines of a half circle (like a more rounded 'u') would be a better choice for the belly button, and something less. . . gaping. . . for the spinneret. As for the red accents? I still have no idea what those are. If you had a clear explanation, like some kind of Drider Jewelry or just something that happens, like zebra stripes, I'd be fine, but right now they're just random red dots.
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

zamnath

Updated the Widows one more time and some updated armor:

Still fiddling with the regular clothes (bottom-most armor) to get the bangles to match the legs again on rear view, but otherwise I'm pretty happy with how things turned out. Might keep tweaking the spider torso bits on the full armors to make them match the core bodies a bit better, but otherwise I think they're solid for the next release. Now to work on making the darned workbench look reasonable...

Canute

Just curious.
Does the shield protect their legs too, since they are outside of the bubble ? :-)
Yeah i know it does.
But could you maybe find a way to increase the bubble for the spiders if this is possible.?

zamnath

Quote from: Canute on April 16, 2018, 03:24:59 AM
Just curious.
Does the shield protect their legs too, since they are outside of the bubble ? :-)
Yeah i know it does.
But could you maybe find a way to increase the bubble for the spiders if this is possible.?

I'd have to ask around to see if anyone's done something like that before, but I might be able to. For now, just imagine that the shields being too small is an optical illuuuuuuuusion~

>.>;; eh heh.

After posting the armored bodies up, the skinnyness of the legs bothered me. So I updated things again:

Umbreon117

...I think your mod hates me. And you know what? I hate that i want to play it so much that i am willing to spend a day trying to fix the problem and fail horribly.

Problem: Every time i try to load a save that has this mod, it failed for some reason that i quite frankly no longer have the braincells left to care about.
https://git.io/vpJn2

Just gonna...take a break from Rimworld till the next release comes out...Because i am pretty sure i might explode from blood pressure.

zamnath

Quote from: Umbreon117 on April 16, 2018, 06:30:47 PM
...I think your mod hates me. And you know what? I hate that i want to play it so much that i am willing to spend a day trying to fix the problem and fail horribly.

Problem: Every time i try to load a save that has this mod, it failed for some reason that i quite frankly no longer have the braincells left to care about.

Just gonna...take a break from Rimworld till the next release comes out...Because i am pretty sure i might explode from blood pressure.

I'm sorry to hear my mod's caused you so much trouble. :(

Looking over your output log, I don't see anything that should be causing you to be unable to play saves. I've tested a mod load order that includes those specific mods and gotten around 15 hours in with a few different saves at this point. I'll post the log to some more experienced modders I know to see if they see something I don't.

Just to check: with that save, you aren't trying to load a save that had other mods loaded, are you? You can get all sorts of odd game breaking errors if you try to load an old save without the mods it was originally started with. 

Edit: Oh! And another thing I wonder: did you try to verify the integrity of your game cache after uninstalling those old mods of yours? Sometimes that can fix errors that show up when you uninstall a bunch of mods at once. You can try right clicking your game in your Steam library -> selecting "properties" -> selecting "local files" -> selecting verify integrity of game files. If it replaces anything, that indicates that there was corrupted/missing game files in your game.

Umbreon117

Quote from: zamnath on April 16, 2018, 11:20:16 PM
Quote from: Umbreon117 on April 16, 2018, 06:30:47 PM

Edit: Oh! And another thing I wonder: did you try to verify the integrity of your game cache after uninstalling those old mods of yours? Sometimes that can fix errors that show up when you uninstall a bunch of mods at once. You can try right clicking your game in your Steam library -> selecting "properties" -> selecting "local files" -> selecting verify integrity of game files. If it replaces anything, that indicates that there was corrupted/missing game files in your game.
I have taken Jecstools off, but I'd be surprised if that causes such a massive problem. Especially since I tried both with and without it.

I don't use steam to play Rimworld (I don't want my mods to randomly update and risk breaking my save!) But I will delete all these mods and reinstall them and should start a new save. I didn't actually try that.