A16 Hype

Started by O Negative, November 02, 2016, 11:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimyoda

Asking for upcoming features and when... People here have read the FAQ, right??
Keep in mind A16 is going to be one of the biggest updates ever. Now is the worst time to not exercise patience. But as a guess, I'm not expecting anything until 2017 Q1.

Edit: Comment about 'upcoming features' excludes features officially shared of course. Rather, we're not going to get a bullet list during the development phase.
Quote from: Rahjital on July 09, 2015, 03:09:55 PM
"I don't like that farmers chop people up."

Obviously she has already played Rimworld :P

Read the wiki. Edit the wiki. Let the wiki be your guide.
http://rimworldwiki.com/

mumblemumble

Im more worried on WHAT it is...its obvious certain stuff exists for a16 right now, but we have no REAL clue what
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Cpt. DuctTape

Well Tynan did say that he will post some more info about the next update soon-ish, so I'll guess we just have to wait. :/

And waiting is even harder after seeing those images.. :-(

Alenerel

Following the law of Murphy (Tynan Murphy) I can predict this:
- Will be released on 24 dec at night
- Will have a ton of bugs and be almost unplayable
- Players will play the game all day ignoring their families, breaking a lot of them
- Players wont be capable to play very well due to the game being broken
- Tynan rejuvenates 20 years due to absorbing all the suffering he is causing to us

JesterHell

Quote from: MikeLemmer on November 09, 2016, 12:15:20 PM
Technically, if it was showing seasonal changes, one hemisphere shouldn't have as much ice on it, since it's in summer instead of winter.

Only if the Rimworld has a near circular orbit and rotational axis tilt like earths.

If however the seasons are caused not by an axis tilt with a near circular orbit but simply an elliptical orbit then that image could be "accurate" for winter.

Quote from: Sirportalez on November 09, 2016, 12:34:49 PM
Yeah, but it makes no sense to build a spaceship for crossing the sea.

Never said it made sense just that it'd fit his comment and would be the least work to implement.

Quote from: JimmyAgnt007 on November 09, 2016, 01:15:59 PM
The thing about drop pods, from a ship or not, is getting home.  Sure the ship launches them over but they still need to walk home.

Pirates flee on foot but how do they get back home?

Hypothetically the ship could land nearby after the drop pods are launched, it would also technically give everyone whom wants vehicles what they want... in a sense.

erdrik

Quote from: JesterHell on November 09, 2016, 08:20:24 PM
...Hypothetically the ship could land nearby after the drop pods are launched...

Is it ever explicitly stated drop pods always come from ships?
I mean, if colonists can scrounge together an orbit capable ship from little more than steel and random components...
It seems plausible that at least some drop pods are being launched from non-ship sources.
They could have their own 1-time use rockets and simply be launched from the raider base, or shot out of low acceleration MAG cannons, or even just dropped out of an atmospheric plane.

Vincent

A Friend

I really doubt it. I think people are getting a bit too hyped for this.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

Vincent

Quote from: A Friend on November 10, 2016, 10:48:04 AM
I really doubt it. I think people are getting a bit too hyped for this.

carbon

I, for one, can't wait to play multiplayer in the next version of No Man's Rim.

I know the developer would never let us down.

:P

Vincent

Quote from: carbon on November 10, 2016, 11:08:08 AM
I, for one, can't wait to play multiplayer in the next version of No Man's Rim.

I know the developer would never let us down.

:P

No Man's Sky will ever be fraction of what Rimworld is, I own both game  ::)

But idk, I have a felling about it ;D

O Negative

As the person who started the thread, I feel a little hypocritical saying this, but it needs to be said...

Let's not over-hype this, guys.
Tynan hasn't revealed any real information regarding Alpha 16's new world systems, and we can't just go around assuming all these great things.
People are starting to bring up No Man's Sky, jokingly, but every joke has some truth behind it.

It's okay to be excited. It's okay to be hyped.
However, a lot of you are going to be incredibly disappointed in A16 (and Tynan) if you keep assuming it's going to have everything you've ever wanted in RimWorld.
And, in my opinion, that's not okay...

MikeLemmer

Quote from: O Negative on November 10, 2016, 05:21:58 PMHowever, a lot of you are going to be incredibly disappointed in A16 (and Tynan) if you keep assuming it's going to have everything you've ever wanted in RimWorld.

A16 will solve global warming and herald world peace.

Alenerel

Quote from: MikeLemmer on November 10, 2016, 05:54:30 PM
A16 will solve global warming and herald world peace.

If it doesnt Tynan can count me out for voting him.

But seriously, all I want is less micro management and better UI. T_T

Vincent

Quote from: O Negative on November 10, 2016, 05:21:58 PM
As the person who started the thread, I feel a little hypocritical saying this, but it needs to be said...

Let's not over-hype this, guys.
Tynan hasn't revealed any real information regarding Alpha 16's new world systems, and we can't just go around assuming all these great things.
People are starting to bring up No Man's Sky, jokingly, but every joke has some truth behind it.

It's okay to be excited. It's okay to be hyped.
However, a lot of you are going to be incredibly disappointed in A16 (and Tynan) if you keep assuming it's going to have everything you've ever wanted in RimWorld.
And, in my opinion, that's not okay...

Sorry but what was wrong in No Man's Sky hype was that devs flat out lied (even weeks before release) about what would be in the game. Tynan never did that.

I think it's totally ok to hype ourself for A16, and I hope there will be some kind of multiplayer then. We just need to be mature about it, I already love the game so I don't see the problem.